Pokken Tournament

kingddd

dK91cnz.png

The Long Rumored game is finally officially announced. Thoughts? Reactions?

Developed: Bandai Namco

Producer: Katsuhiro Harada

Release: 2015

Platform: Arcades (Only planned)

The Pokemon Company has announced an announcement on a new project on their Japanese website,set for August 26, It will be streamed here:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189764569

Months ago we were given the following teaser screenshots:

wf67FdM.jpg

So far we've only seen Lucario and Machamp fighting each other.

lhIjAzK.jpg

Edited by kingddd

Oh was this the new announcement? Gr8, what is this? A pokemon fighter game or sorts? It looks good and interesting, going to follow this. Also, it's probably likely to be released for the Wii U rather than the 3DS, but who knows.

3DS version please.

If they don't have one,there is something seriously wrong.

I need a Pangoro and Arcanine in this. Zoroark could be really cool too.

I don't know how Arcanine would work,but Pangoro and Zoroark?My mains if they had a 3DS one,and if they where in the game.

Wait,didn't some site find a Pokken Fighters trademark one time?

I'm glad they made an English trailer for a Japanese only game.

It's Japan-only for now, but lots of fighting games get released in Japanese arcades before being released worldwide on consoles (Off the top of my head, I think one of the recent Street Fighter 4 versions did something like that). And the fact that this one got an English trailer has me hopeful that it will follow the same pattern.

So what does sf think, limited to just fighiting types, even if it isn't now is a bad time to like water types. Poliwrath and some of the water starters (Swampert when.)

Also would there even be an uproar if Pikachu isn't in it, I know he's the mascot and everything but I don't know anybody to actually like them that much, especially after Lt. Surge's bullshit in Stadium

This looks pretty cool, but will it only be Fighting type Pokemon? :/ I hope not, because there are tons more Pokemon than just the Fighting types that would fit in this game.

But as long as Keldeo can be used (it's a Fighting type! lol), I really can't complain. Keldeo's my favorite. <3

I also hope it doesn't remain an arcade only game. There are no arcades around here except for Chuck E. Cheese's. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

It won't Tekken games always start as arcades and come to consoles.
Also this http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/pokkn-tournament-will-focus-action-aspect-fighting-games

Shame Omastar won't work, it would probably be a funny TPP reference for a good 10 seconds or so.

Shame Omastar won't work, it would probably be a funny TPP reference for a good 10 seconds or so.

It might work.Though,I bet 50% of the Pokemon in the game are going to be fighting types.If Weavile was in there,It'll be like a dream come true.

It might work.Though,I bet 50% of the Pokemon in the game are going to be fighting types.If Weavile was in there,It'll be like a dream come true.

I think Weavile might have a chance, humanoid shaped so it wouldn't be too bad to do, plus being ice/dark which I can't remember any fighting types overlapping with

(Although I only played HG and gens 1-3)

Also how do you think evolutions will work, if they're in it at all, part me of is tempted to say mega when you fall two battles behind or on "excellent" health, but the latter would take too long to show and interrupt the flow I reckon, like how in the final battles of SCIV they'd change the music which just ended up overplayed and annoying

Edited by Mikethfc

Does Tekken have supers? Cause some pokemon could have mega evolutions for that.

I don't think so. Though Harada said it's not using the Tekken engine, so the game might have super moves anyway.

HAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA <3

MUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAWLUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edited by shinpichu

Tekken doesn't, although SCV they implemented them but it wouldn't work because they'd have to de-evolve or something, plus there may be pokes without megas there.
Feel free to correct me on this as I never played X/Y so I don't know how megas work, I assumed they stayed mega for the rest of the battle

Feel free to correct me on this as I never played X/Y so I don't know how megas work, I assumed they stayed mega for the rest of the battle

I think you can switch back. And even if you can't, I can't see people complaining much if you can in Pokken. It's a fair compromise to get it more suited to a fighting game environment. Hell, that's what Smash is doing IIRC.

Edited by shinpichu

I'm glad they made an English trailer for a Japanese only game.

except this is pretty common for fighting games. most major Japanese fighters get released in Japanese arcades first, then get ported to consoles. and considering the amount of money this shit would print over here, no way we don't see this game.

Interesting that Harada himself is involved here. Curious to see if there'll be actual supers in this game or it'll play like SCV with the Brave Edges being replaced by more typical specials.

also, on the subject of the Megas: they may be separate playstyles. like, in SCV I know a couple of characters got separate styles and therefore two character slots, so take that as you will.

not sure why that'd be the case for Lucario though, but Heracross is feasible since it can go from an all-around fighter to a strong, slow type with crazy combo potential due to Skill Link.

It's said it's using a new game engine rather than Tekken's one, but there won't be high/mid/low guards (like there isn't in Tekken)
"Also not confined to fighting types or humanoid characters" from Harada's twitter

Blaziken was in the teaser screenshot from what I remember, so that one's definitely in.

And if this is the case, Infernape MUST be too. I mean, why would one bipedal Fire/Fighting type get in and not the other?