Pokken Tournament

kingddd

Blaziken was in the teaser screenshot from what I remember, so that one's definitely in.

And if this is the case, Infernape MUST be too. I mean, why would one bipedal Fire/Fighting type get in and not the other?

because Infernape's not as popular?

I mean, I like Infernape, but it isn't an overly popular Poke outside of it's own Gen.

I fully expect to see Charizard, Mewtwo and a Boxing Gloves Pikachu.

Maybe Hitmonlee, Chan, Primeape and Geodude too to fully reference that episode from the first anime season.

because Infernape's not as popular?

I mean, I like Infernape, but it isn't an overly popular Poke outside of it's own Gen.

And why should popularity matter that much?

Edited by Anacybele

And why should popularity matter that much?

Because they're going to try to pander to as large a group of fans as possible, (too bad Paras, Zubat, Trubbish etc.) hopefully anyway.

But then again, some of the eeveelutions are popular, and I'm kinda skeptical to them getting in

Infernape has a distinct fighting stye. Many off it's Pokedex entries talk about it. I would like to see it in Pokken just for that alone.

It fills the Monkey Kung Fu niche in fighting games, much like how Machamp is playable because he's built like Goro.

What Spaceman Craig said.

Also, this is just me, but I never did understand the love for Blaziken. I find it to be ugly as sin and that the only reason people like it these days is because of Speed Boost. But I'm also a bit biased against it because Game Freak giving it Speed Boost officially put it above Infernape in the competitive scene. Before that, Infernape had it outdone because of a higher average speed. >.>

And I've always been a big Infernape fan. It easily became my favorite evolved starter. And that's saying something, because I've never liked monkeys. So to get me to like one THIS much is quite a feat.

Edited by Anacybele

Because Blaziken was the first fire/fighting type and it is a total badass? Fire Fighting was an amazing type at the time, and people saw Infernape as being more of a ripoff of Blaziken (not saying I agree). Nostalgia can also come in for a lot of people. Many people started with gen 3, and many of them started with Torchic. Personally, Blaziken has always been my favourite pokemon overall, and that was even before it got speed boost. That was pretty awesome though

Personally, I find Infernape to be way more badass than Blaziken.

As for that image, is it the official cast so far?

I'm pretty sure it's just a joke image people have made comparing Tekken fighters to certain Pokemon. I've heard no word on a roster.

I don't like either Infernape or Blaziken that much, and wouldn't miss either if they were to not get in.

Hitmons, Hariyama, and Ditto plz

Ditto would be the best clone character.

I don't like either Infernape or Blaziken that much, and wouldn't miss either if they were to not get in.

Blaziken was shown WAY back when the first little clip was shown...Shoot me if both of those don't get in.

Ditto would be the best clone character.

It's not exactly restricted to humaniod Pokemon,so Ditto actually has a chance.*Shot

Because Blaziken was the first fire/fighting type and it is a total badass? Fire Fighting was an amazing type at the time, and people saw Infernape as being more of a ripoff of Blaziken (not saying I agree). Nostalgia can also come in for a lot of people. Many people started with gen 3, and many of them started with Torchic. Personally, Blaziken has always been my favourite pokemon overall, and that was even before it got speed boost. That was pretty awesome though

*Combusken

I'd love to see Leafeon and Weavile in this, so what if Leafeon has no arms

*Combusken

I'd love to see Leafeon and Weavile in this, so what if Leafeon has no arms

Hey, if Amaterasu is in Marvel, then Leafeon's definitely possible for this game. Edited by Rollertoaster

Wobbuffet would be neat. I could see it playing similarly to Hakumen in BlazBlue by relying on counters to do big-damage moves.