Was Powerpuff Girls for girls

Junkhead

The demographic was definitely for girls but as a guy I still enjoyed it. Now that I'm older I kind of realize it's actually one of the most clever cartoons I've ever watched. I still crack up at the episode when Buttercup tricks the tooth fairy by giving her the teeth of the criminals she beats up.

I thought it was pretty good

Also it's kind of like mlp: not really meant for boys but they still watch it

so yeah

It was specifically intended for girls, yes, but had great periphery demographic value. I recall once reading a study that claimed more boys actually watched it, though I can't confirm if that was true.

I liked it and knew boys who also liked it. I really never considered it a "girl's show," but then, that might be part of what made it really good.

I seem to recall Lauren Faust saying that she made the show (and Fosters, and MLP) in a way that it could appeal to audiences regardless of gender, and relatively regardless of age.

Pretty sure it was intended for both boys and girls.

Also, I had a crush on Bubbles when I was a kid.

Edited by Esme

^yep. bubbles is adorable, even little kid me knew it.

the villains in ppg are so hilarious.

edit: i thought this was going to be one of those mlp discussions in disguise. i'm glad it isn't.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Nope.

Im pretty sure it wasnt supposed to be just for girls. Just like how Kimpossible wasnt supposed to be just a girls show. Female leads =/= girls show.

Kim Possible was great.

An ftm friend told me they didn't watch the show as a kid because they thought it was, indeed, for girls. I was about as mock-outraged as you can be without actually being outraged

Then again, when I was a little jerk, I thought it couldn't be one of those shows that was only for girls, because it was way too funny. :smith:

Edited by Rehab