[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this is off topic, but does anyone have any demo codes left that they're not saving or using? I've been looking around for a while and haven't managed to get any, I'd really appreciate it

To stay on topic, Duck Hunt Dog's moveset is really diverse. I love how his smashes involve him dodging a shot while a reticle appears right next to or above him

Well, it does take practice. You gotta know your character and what combos and such he/she is capable of and which characters he/she is stronger or weaker against. For example, I had to learn to take full advantage of Ike's jab because he pretty much had the best jab in Brawl. Not to mention all his various meteor smashes. For Luigi, I practiced sweet-spotting his Super Jump Punch so I could get that insane Fire Jump Punch. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it does take practice. You gotta know your character and what combos and such he/she is capable of and which characters he/she is stronger or weaker against. For example, I had to learn to take full advantage of Ike's jab because he pretty much had the best jab in Brawl. Not to mention all his various meteor smashes. For Luigi, I practiced sweet-spotting his Super Jump Punch so I could get that insane Fire Jump Punch. lol

There aren't too many characters I know that well, unfortunately. The Ice Climbers were one, but they're gone now. Maybe Bowser, Link, and possibly Marth and Fox. Dunno though lol.

Also, after seeing every Final Smash...I am pleased. The Mii Brawler's FS looks awesome (all the Mii FS's do, but especially that one.) I also like how you can nail multiple opponents with Marth's (and now Lucina's) Critical Hit. Could you do that in Brawl?

Galaga ship item is kinda wrong omg. I can see that being banned in some competitive circles.

I can see it banned in every competitive circle because they generally don't allow items!

Not really scrambling to get the demo personally. It's cool but not worth trying TOO hard to get imhotep.

Yeah, it was possible to nail more than one person with multiple Final Smashes. Ike can do it with Great Aether too. lol

Mario's FS could potentially cover the whole stage depending on its size.

Luigi could definitely envelope three people in Negative Zone then blast them all with Fire Jump Punches easily.

The Links can't actually TARGET more than one person with Triforce Slash, but the other two players could still get caught in it by accident.

And so on.

I'm excited for Greninja for sure. I played him on the E3 demo and he was really fun. There's just so many characters who are just absolutely great, plus I'll need to go through all the vets to see all the changes. They really went above and beyond to refresh the old guard, so when people get super salty at the last few lackluster newcomers (and let's not kid ourselves, the treatment of Dark Pit and Lucina is definitely lackluster compared to what could have been, even for clones), it makes me a little sad considering how much time was spent making everyone feel great to play.

DHD also looks like solid gold. Everything about him puts a smile on my face.

...I saw the Ice Climbers trophy. It looks like it could have easily been a player model at one point. I really think they tried to have them in but just couldn't get it to work.

...I saw the Ice Climbers trophy. It looks like it could have easily been a player model at one point. I really think they tried to have them in but just couldn't get it to work.

They look so adorable don't they?

ehHgZwE.jpg

Ugh, I really don't know if I want to get my hopes up again, but a user on Reddit mentioned that a streamer got a Wii Fit Trainer trophy in Classic mode, in the middle, not by beating it with WFT. It also makes me recall the trailer from a while ago in which we could see three different WFT trophies, but there are only two modes in this game that would grant them the normal way (Classic and All-Star). All this to say...trophies don't necessary disconfirm a character.

There was also a Chorus Kids trophy found.

CZJ8rMC.jpg

Ugh, I really don't know if I want to get my hopes up again, but a user on Reddit mentioned that a streamer got a Wii Fit Trainer trophy in Classic mode, in the middle, not by beating it with WFT. It also makes me recall the trailer from a while ago in which we could see three different WFT trophies, but there are only two modes in this game that would grant them the normal way (Classic and All-Star). All this to say...trophies don't necessary disconfirm a character.

I think every character in 3DS has a trophy that's randomly obtained due to the lack of Adventure mode. One is their "story" trophy and the other two outline their gameplay, if the pattern from Melee and Brawl is followed. But usually those randomly found trophies have a way to differentiate them from the others still. For example, Fox and Falco's trophies are both marked (SF: Assault) but Wolf doesn't have anything like that.

Although I do want to believe that ICs are still on the table for being a character somehow. I'd even be okay if Sakurai revealed the Wii U version did have a bigger roster after all, if only so the ICs could be in.

This is getting rather bleak, although I still think there may be more characters unlocked upon connection to Wii U. With the extra dev time they could easily be finishing up on these extra characters that couldn't make the 3DS deadline, and both games would still have the same roster. Trophies could also have been intentionally planted to throw people off. This'd also boost sales for both versions of the game in a Pokemon-like effect.

Or I could be just be desperate and unreasonably optimistic, probably the latter.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, September 13, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 13, 2014 - No reason given

^^^

If we didn't have Dark Pit, Lucina, or doctor Mario, we wouldn't magically get more content in their place. We'd just have three less characters.

Complaining about clones because they're "wastes of space" is completely invalid and stupid.

Edit: apparently now Doc can't cape to recover at all. Wow.

wow

Mewtwo got the trophy treatment too. ;_;

The trophies for the Wii Fit franchise are yoga poses, which include WFT doing the pose. Is it possible that the trophy the Redditor picked up was a trophy about a yoga pose and not Wii Fit Trainer?

DLC is looking super weird right now because just under half of the advertised size of the game is being used. People have already managed to look into the ISO for the game and have seen that just over half of it is literally pointless fluff filling empty space. Something's not right here.

Ah, how the salt has vanished now that people are getting hyped by the Treehouse stream... And coming back now that it's wrapping up. Something I don't get, though: why complain about the roster when you could be bashing the nonexistent title of the game? For the record, I'm completely fine with the roster. They cut both of my archnemesis from Brawl, and didn't add a certain character whose fanbase really ticked me off a few years ago. And besides, everyone needs a scrappy or two to maul when playing the AI.

Anyway, those of you who can't get enough gameplay videos need to go check out http://www.twitch.tv/zero right now. He's the guy who won the SSB invitational at e3 so he's pretty good, and he's been streaming (with a capture card) pretty much nonstop since early this morning (and is still going right now) and will probably keep it up for quite some time. He's mostly playing ZSS, Bowser and Meta Knight, but also taking requests in chat (and his opponents are using pretty much everyone).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The trophies for the Wii Fit franchise are yoga poses, which include WFT doing the pose. Is it possible that the trophy the Redditor picked up was a trophy about a yoga pose and not Wii Fit Trainer?

DLC is looking super weird right now because just under half of the advertised size of the game is being used. People have already managed to look into the ISO for the game and have seen that just over half of it is literally pointless fluff filling empty space. Something's not right here.

Interesting. I didn't see the trophy that was picked up, but I have seen three different WFT trophies already, from that trailer I mentioned.

Question: does anyone know if we still get final smash trophies from All-Star mode?

Mario, Link, AND Pikachu all felt improved.

I also heard that Kirby and ZSS are better than in Brawl, back then when people played the E3-demo. Yes, please buff all my mains that haven't been cut, except for the low-tier one. xD

Question: does anyone know if we still get final smash trophies from All-Star mode?

I don't know, but I really hope so. final smash trophies looked glorious.

Btw: That gameboystage-video posted earlier. Green Greens and Castle Lololo music. I love it. <3

Edited by Nova

I've heard that Palutena/DHD/Villager are potentially top tier characters. Could someone clarify?

Iunno about villager, but there has been a lot of love for Palutena, Pacman and DHD who have great tilts and combo potential (DHD has a set knockback down throw!!!!) and also fox/sheik/ZSS/MK who are also said to be really good at a glance. People are unimpressed with falco, WFT and Ganondorf from what I've seen, but it's still early days. There's already a new ledge guard technique dubbed "vexing" where you steal the ledge from someone who just grabbed it.

Edit: to whoever was sad about the cape thing, remember dr mario has tornado which aids recovery a little IIRC.

Edit2: Oh yeah Bowser and DK are also pretty cool. No outright best character yet which is nice, though I don't know how long it took everyone to figure out fox was best in melee and MK was best in brawl.

Edit3: Vexing doesn't work well on floaty characters or characters with multiple jumps. Still a work in progress.

Edited by kirsche

yEtmfTF.jpg

Mewtwo trophy found. ;_;

Source pls?

MODEDIT: what up don't doublepost thank you

Edited by Integrity