• Ike
    • Micaiah
    • Chrom
    • Lucina

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never though Sigurd's that popular, what's the deal with him?

Sad that Eliwood got 0 votes, his stats is medicore at best, so yeah :/ I don't get why for Chrom though

Edited by pianime94

The best ones are probably Sigurd and FE9 Ike.

RD Ike is better than his PoR self, actually. He may have a better speed growth in PoR, but RD Ike starts out strong, gets totally broken, and gains axes later. He also still has great growths.

I'm probably the only one, who likes Micaiah the most :.(

Though I know, she isn't the best.

The best ones are probably Sigurd and FE9 Ike.

You're not. While Sigurd is just the god of game-breaking, Miccy will always be the number 1 lord in my heart.

It's funny because I like FE11 Marth and hate FE12 Marth, and like FE9 Ike but dislike FE10 Ike (not appearance based, character wise).

I guess I'll throw it to Ike since Marth is somewhat less assertive in games that aren't Shadow Dragon.

Sigurd and Ike(9) are the best gameplay wise,while hectore and ike are my favourites in term of character.

Same here.

They probably wouldn't stand out that much if there weren't so many dull lords (Roy, Eliwood, Leaf)

Edited by The Mysterious Fubini

Pff, Ike would stand out even if they weren't dull (I like Eliwood though). He's the only one that isn't of noble/royal blood, so he talks and lives way differently. He doesn't get married at the end of his story (although Priam's existence suggests that he did later on), and he's also less bishie than even Hector (in RD anyway). He also dresses rather shabbily compared to the other lords and is still hot. Heck, Ike's even the only lord that wields a blade that isn't white (Ragnell is gold). His being so different is one reason I liked him so much. His differences are good differences. ^^

Why is everyone saying FE9 Ike is better gameplay wise? I thought it was generally accepted Radiant Dawn Ike was one of the best lords in terms of stats falling behind only the Holy War Lords and Alm. I think there was a thread about the Lord Tier list not too long ago and I'm certain it was Radiant Dawn Ike in top tier with Path of Radiance Ike being quite mediocre overall (all that and, like Ana said, Radiant Dawn Ike has awesome bases, good growths, more time with Ragnell and axes).

People make that mistake because fe9 is already easy. Ike also has no trouble soaking tons of exp on the first few chapters of the game since a lot of the rest of the cast jump in and out of use and the average player isn't spamming Titania as much.

Guys, the Bible tells us that Jesus is the best Lord.

It's a good thing that "Jesus" spelled backwards is "Sigurd" :Kappa:

Holy crap Sigurd has a lot of votes

I'd say Hector, mainly because he is DIFFERENT (Like Ephraim). He doesn't use swords as his main weapon, and I like the Different..ness

Because Sigurd is the most alpha unit in FE history

I like Hector too. I shamelessly give him the boots every time :smug:

Because Sigurd is the most alpha unit in FE history

I like Hector too. I shamelessly give him the boots every time :smug:

He makes the first part of the Holy War easy.

Hector must look hilarious wearing one boot on one foot.But, I guess being badass qualifies you to wear only one boot.

I guess I'll go with Leaf.

If a Lord is too powerful like Sigurd or Ike, playthroughs have the tendency to turn out very similar due to them simply steamrolling everything by themselves. Which consequently gets very boring and repetetive. But of course you don't want them to be a dead weight either.

And in that regard, I would say Leaf is by far the best designed Lord in the series. Thanks to his magic sword, lack of fatique and decent PCC, he makes for a very flexible unit that can fit into just about every team without ever overshadowing the rest of the cast.

Edited by BrightBow

If a Lord is too powerful like Sigurd or Ike, playthroughs have the tendency to turn out very similar due to them simply steamrolling everything by themselves. Which consequently gets very boring and repetetive. But of course you don't want them to be a dead weight either.

And in that regard, I would say Leaf is by far the best designed Lord in the series. Thanks to his magic sword, lack of fatique and decent PCC, he makes for a very flexible unit that can fit into just about every team without ever overshadowing the rest of the cast.

Crusader Scrolls also help a lot.

I like this answer. FE12 Marth could fit the description of strong without being overpowered as well right?

I like this answer. FE12 Marth could fit the description of strong without being overpowered as well right?

I dunno, he spends most of his time getting fed kills because he has to run around the map recruiting people and getting to villages and seizing more than actually killing anything. Marth was statistically better in 12 for me but more useful in 11 because forged Rapier. <_<

To be honest Leaf isn't far behind Sigurd and Sigurd jr. He is doing so much in his game!

IMO Leaf also has best story. He start as idiot, proud, childish prince and ended as wise and mature tactician, because he made so many mistakes... He is very unlike other "perfect" lords: Eliwood, Roy or Ephraim.

Edited by Nicolas

The main character should stand above most of the other characters, without rendering them useless, imo. They're supposed to be born leaders, leading their small armies against much more powerful enemies. They're supposed to raise the moral of their men by being perceived as brave and moderately powerful warriors.