1st Gen Only Run

MrSaturn64

What I've been doing for this run is that I won't be using any of the children characters (Lucina included), so no inheritance allowed. Here are the "legal" characters for this run.

Chrom, Avatar (Male), Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Stahl, Miriel, Vaike, Kellam, Sumia, Lon'qu, Ricken, Maribelle, Gaius, Panne, Cordelia, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja*, Olivia, Cherche, Say'ri, Donnel, Anna, Tiki, Basilio, Flavia.

*= Tharja died. Oh well.

Also, I won't be using Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Avrersa, or Priam.

So far I'm on chapter 13, and most units are in their first advanced class.

Right now I'll settle for the maingame, although I might do other stuff afterwords. The difficulty is Normal, classic mode, because I don't know how it will go later in the game.

My classpath for my male avatar is:

Tactician > Mercenery > Priest > War Monk > Warrior > Swordmaster > Grandmaster. The skills will be Armsthrift, Miracle, Renewal, Counter, Astra. My best stat is resistence and worst is luck (which was probably a bad idea with Armsthrift and Miracle)

Currently, Chrom is a Great Lord, Lissa still a cleric, Avatar a War Monk, Sully a Great Knight, Virion still an archer, Vaike a Hero, Stahl a Paladin, Miriel a Dark Knight, Sumia a Dark Flier, Kellam a Great Knight, Lon'qu an Assassin, Maribelle a Troubador, Ricken a Dark Knight, Gaius a Trickster, Panne a Thief, Cordelia a Dark Flier, Gregor a Bow Knight, Nowi a Mage, Libra still a War Monk, Tharja is dead, Olivia is a Myrmidon, Cherche still a Wyvern Rider, Donnel a Mercenery, Anna a Trickster. I've yet to get Henry, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, and Flavia. I don't have very long classpaths for everyone, but I plan on getting as many skills in for everyone as I can. I probably won't use Tiki, Basilio and Flavia that much due to how late in the game they become playable, but I have in the past.

I may not have moments of glory yet, but I once restarted because Sumia, Frederick, Kellam, and Avatar died on chapter 3 (Guy with a hammer, an archer, and steel axe guy)

Any particular reason why you're planning on that particular route for c lasses? By the time you become a Grandmaster, your defense will be so high that Counter won't do any damage to enemies, due to the fact that you'll be taking zero, if any, damage from incoming 1-range attacks.

Any particular reason why you're planning on that particular route for c lasses? By the time you become a Grandmaster, your defense will be so high that Counter won't do any damage to enemies, due to the fact that you'll be taking zero, if any, damage from incoming 1-range attacks.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if he even got that far before finishing the game...

Ok a couple of things.

First, I'm actually on Normal Classic, hence Tharja' death.

Second, I'm going for an invincible street pass team, not to actually finish the game regularly.

And yes, I could replace counter with Ignis or any of the rally skills, so I'll play by ear.

And I like grinding. Weird, but that's what I like.

Second, I'm going for an invincible street pass team, not to actually finish the game regularly.

Armsthrift may not help on streetpass, but I can potentially have infinite Valflame/Book of Naga.

Sir, you're tripping over your own words here. Why does 'infinite' matter when you're only going for Streetpass? And if you're going for the 'invincible' streetpass team, then you must have DLC (at the very least for Limit Breaker). While you are getting DLC, pick up the Golden Pack for unlimited money and faster exp, and unlimited Legendary weapons.

Edited by Sara.

Armsthrift may not help on streetpass, but I can potentially have infinite Valflame/Book of Naga.

That may be true (especially if you're willing to get Limit Break), but most Streetpass battles last only a few turns at most. A player who takes the time to look at your team and prepare can easily shut it down. Landing hits and maximizing damage output is the name of the game for a Streetpass team -- it typically takes only 1 death of a unit in the receiving player's team to achieve victory... that is if the AI can get your team to overpower the receiving player's team.

Some not very useful skills for a Streetpass team (if making a challenging one):

-Galeforce

-Lifetaker

-Armsthrift

-Defender

-Dual Strike+

-Dual Support+

-Dual Guard+

-Deliverer

-Defender

Not with a Lck flaw, you won't. You'd need a tonic and a A ranked +2 Lck support to pull that off, and those aren't common (or usually very good).

But I digress. I think you need a bit of perspective on what exactly Streetpass teams are up against, so here's how yours will do against me. Your Avatar's final stats with that set:

HP: 80

Str: 39

Mag: 41

Skl: 40

Spd: 42

Lck: 42

Def: 40+5

Res: 44+5

Avo: 84

I won't be letting you attack me, so Astra doesn't matter. I'll also assume you're using Book of Naga. Renewal doesn't matter either since this fight will only last a turn. For all intents and purposes, your only skills are Miracle and Counter. I'll use +Str/-Def Vaike!Gerome!Morgan@General (LB/Vantage/Agg/Vengeance/AF) @B.Axe (+5/15), paired with an unequipped Berserker at A rank. Because I'm nice, I won't even use Tonics. Or Olivia. His relevant stats:

Atk: 50(base) +11(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +10(Agg) +10(pairup) +5(AF) +18(B.Axe) =124

Skl: 41(base) +3(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +3(pairup) =67

Lck: 45(base) -1(mods) +10(LB) +14(Rally) +3(pairup) =71

Hit: 136(base) +85(B.Axe) +10(support) =231. I might have more thanks to Staffbots.

So lets see how this will play out: I attack first because I'm the player. My Hit is at 100%, and my HP is full so I don't have a Vengeance boost. You take 124-45 =79 damage, and survive with 1HP left. I take 79 damage from Counter, and now also have 1HP. I attack again (Brave, remember?), trigger 100% Vengeance for a 38 damage boost, and hit you for 117 damage. Miracle can't save you since you're already at 1HP, and I even have a 1% crit chance (more if I've got a staffbot around) so it's possible you'll be hit by 351 damage instead. At 1HP, of course, because there's no kill like overkill.

Now, just for fun (and more overkill), pretend I rigged Morgan so that his Brave Axe had two uses left and he was Lv.4.92. Killing you has broken my Axe and caused me to automatically equip the next weapon in my inventory: a forged Tomahawk/Helswath. Killing you has also caused me to level up and learn Wrath, which I swap out Agressor for (it's going to be EP and Agg won't do anything there). You also conveniently set me up with a fully powered Vengeance so now I get to maul the rest of your team with an excellent VV set (with 20%+ listed crit!). While you always could stop me with another Counter/Miracle unit, you're kind of out of those (Avatar-M is the only first gen unit who can do that). And in the event that I do see something scary, I can always either bail with staffbots or have someone else kill it.

So if you really want a good Streetpass team, don't horse around with AT. Or anything else, for that matter.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi