Is the project cancelled?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's cancelled, but Atlus loves to be quiet

Thread really should have been closed the first time this was brought up.

YOU WILL NOT STOP ME FROM BELIEVING IN THIS GAME!

MY SWORD HAND HUNGERS FOR SMT X FE!!!

Edited by Forceman

Thread really should have been closed the first time this was brought up.

But if it had been closed then, we wouldn't have this lovely collection of critical cut-in quotes in forced relation to SMT x FE. speaking of...

Come on, SMT x FE! COME ON!

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

RELEASE! WITH MAGNIFICENCE!

Just a question: Do Atlus and IS usually openly make an announcement when they cancel a project, or do they just quietly let it sink with time?

I'm not really an expert on either of the company's cancellation policies, but I'd assume that they'd say something about it considering they have a respectable amount of people interested in the project. That being said, I'm often wrong about a lot of things, so you should get a second opinion from someone who knows more.

STILL CLINGING TO HOPE?

Just a question: Do Atlus and IS usually openly make an announcement when they cancel a project, or do they just quietly let it sink with time?

Nintendo is the publisher of this game, so only they can decide how the game is promoted, IS and Atlus can only talk if Nintendo allows them to do so. Nintendo very rarely cancels games once they've been publicly shown, the only examples I can think of for the past decade are Project HAMMER and Cosmic Walker. When those games were cancelled, they were removed from Nintendo's financial documents, but NOT discussed publicly.

Nintendo is the publisher of this game, so only they can decide how the game is promoted, IS and Atlus can only talk if Nintendo allows them to do so. Nintendo very rarely cancels games once they've been publicly shown, the only examples I can think of for the past decade are Project HAMMER and Cosmic Walker. When those games were cancelled, they were removed from Nintendo's financial documents, but NOT discussed publicly.

Yeah I think if it's canceled it will just disappear into the mist.

I doubt it's cancelled. Both companies are working on other projects anyway, which slows the progression of it (maybe). Atlus is also very quiet about their upcoming games.

I wish they would release more info.

I would imagine that Nintendo hasn't talked about this game because they don't want to compete with Xenoblade X's mindshare. With Xenoblade X releasing next month there shouldn't be anything else standing in the way.

This thread has taken several routes xD

In my opinion, i side with the whole "Atlus is quiet" argument since it's true on a level but since Nintendo is publishing the game, i just think it's lack of info from Atlus. Guess they're just caught up with the whole promotion and release of P5 so we still have some hope i guess bye