Is the project cancelled?

From what we've heard it is most definitely not cancelled.

The issue is that you hear a ton about a lot of games pre-release but this game doesn't seem to be giving as much publicity. Some random quotes from the article that you should pay extra attention to:

When asked if development on Code Name: STEAM had slowed progress on SMT X Fire Emblem, Yamagami replied with, "No, no, no, no no."

"We're right on schedule, but if I answer in any more detail I will lose my job, so please have mercy on me," he told Polygon during the open-mic Q&A.

If Nintendo didn't put it on a direct then isn't it obvious why it wasn't included? It's because Atlus/Intelligent Systems doesn't want it on a direct yet. If they said two months ago the project is right on schedule and it's been two years since any news, then I doubt they'd throw away all of their work now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It is very niche and by very I mean find someone not on Serenes Forest who is into both SMT and FE. If it comes out I'll give it a shot but I've never played or heard of SMT until this was announced.

pretty much this, i love FE but SMT loves to contain everything i hate about RPG's that the latest FF's haven't already covered.

Nintendo have updated their release schedule documents once again, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is still shown.

Well, this is good.

I don't think the game will be canceled anytime soon, but I do worry about what's going on with it right now due to how long it's been since we got any info.

Edited by Anacybele

You're worried by an old rumor, started by 4chan, that is almost 2 months old and the "source" flat out said that the cancellation would be confirmed the following day, which was back in early December?

You're worried by an old rumor, started by 4chan, that is almost 2 months old and the "source" flat out said that the cancellation would be confirmed the following day, which was back in early December?

Granted its questionable (very questionable) but since we've heard next to nothing about the game from the developers (yes I know Atlus is super secretive) I'll take what I can get. Sides who's not to say leaks don't exist?

I don't want it to be cancelled since I'm a fan of both series. I always imagined the game having Fire Emblem's SRPG gameplay with SMT demons as your units.

You can always play Majin Tensei, which practically is what you want.

I've never heard of this game before. Just Googled it, looks interesting.

I've been meaning to play it myself, I'm not actually sure if there is an English patch.

Probably also for this interested here is some example Majin Tensei gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dok_AC0a8

I've heard II much improves it, but this looks like FE with SMT elements does it not.

Yeah, I watched some gameplay of it earlier today and it really does look like how I imagined SMT x Fire Emblem, although obviously more dated. Here's hoping SMT x Fire Emblem is still being developed.

• 2 weeks later...