Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT2: Please post your friend code in the discussion page on Challonge.

I'm afraid I cannot do this, as I don't have an account on this site. My FC is in the club thread I made though. But if you insist that it be posted on this Challonge site, I'll resign. I don't see any point in making an account just to post an FC.

Unlimited Blade Works

Date of Event: Friday October 10.
Start Time: 12pm PST / 3pm EST (time is flexible)
End Time: 11:59pm Saturday / 2:59am EST Sunday
Tournament Host: Jedi

Tournament Rules
- 2 stock, 5 minutes. Each set is Best of 3. Finals is Best of 5.
- Double Elimination
- Maximum Number of Participants: 16
- Only characters with a sword can enter! This means that your character options are restricted to: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Meta Knight, Kirby, Greninja, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter
- Custom movesets are allowed. Custom equipment is not.
- You may change your character and/or custom moves in between matches.
- Items must be turned off!
- Each match can be played on one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Road, Arena Ferox Omega and Gerudo Valley Omega. Every other stage, including unlisted Omega forms, isn't able to be played on. Once a stage has been played on, it may not be played again.
- Leaderboard Points: +20 for winning a set.
- Please contact me by October 8 if you are not able to make it to the tournament so I can give your spot to someone else.

Participants and their FCs.
1. Jedi. FC: 4871-3983-7566
2.Ice Sage. FC: 1048-8056-7132
3.Quintessence. FC: 3110-4966-9614
4.Euklyd. FC: 4914 - 3176 - 3524
5.PJSalt. FC: 0430-8521-9259
6.Doofina. FC: 0791-3590-5034
7. Knife. FC: 4167-4800-2704
8. Raven
9. KwehKweh FC: 4012-4741-6497
10. Burakkuhoku. FC: 2766-8685-4348
11. Mr. Iggy. Koopa. FC: 1977-0250-8724
12. Gyro-King. FC: 4468-1474-00273
13. AlphaZero. FC: 0318-7721-1579
14. Anacybele. FC: 1091-7971-9087
15. Cornet. FC: 3840-5757-3154
16. Fruity Insanity. FC: 1805-3417-7671

Reserves
1. mercilesscharizard. FC: 1950-8832-8557

I want to join... :(

FC: 5129-2637-6621

We're trying a system for easy organization that requires a signup on Challonge, so if you're not gonna make an an account, guess you're out then.

I think this is stupid when we have this thread AND my club thread for organization and not fair to people who don't want to make an account for this site and have no need for one, but I guess you're right. I'm not joining your tourney.

I don't recommend anyone else does as well, by the way.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't see what the big problem is about making an account. The idea is just to reduce clutter when multiple tournaments are going and making an account is pretty simple.

Reducing clutter is what this thread and my thread were for. I just don't see the point in having to sign up on another site just to participate in tournaments that are happening here.

If you aren't going to make an account for that, then I guess you're not participating in tournaments here.

This is the end of the conversation.

The launch hype tourney didn't use that site. Nor is the blade tournament. Not all tournaments here will use it.

I wasn't saying that. I'm saying I think it's pointless when we have two threads dedicated to organization and some people, like me, don't want to make an account on one site just to join tournaments happening on another.

lol it's just challonge. it's not hard by any means to use.

Yeah, but if she doesn't want to make her account JUST to join a simple tournament, then she won't.

It becomes way too complicated then. Ana's FC thread was extremely helpful, and caused no problems. I don't see what's so wrong with just leaving FC's in Ana's thread, and then have everyone add codes there.

IMO, "Challonge" is a bad idea, but I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do. It is your tournament after all! so use your sucky "challonge" and overdo everything.

I'd love to join Reinfleche's tournament, since I can finally use one of my mains in a restricted Tourney! But... I'm kinda lazy and I don't like this whole "challonge" thing.

If only I could exert a bit more effort...

It's a trial run. For this one I'll be using Challonge- it's already 75% full and not for almost a week. I'm not ultra-concerned how it goes in the future, but for the purposes of this tournament, that's what's being used.

Fists of Fury still has 3 openings!

In addition, here's a helpful tool for any aspiring tournament hosts.

Here is a calendar of the upcoming tournaments. There are tournaments on here that haven't had signups posts yet (Smashing Live! and Original 12), but they have their time booked and are waiting for the tournaments in queue to finish signups. I've also included the number of players (ex. 16P means 16 players) and the host.

I have a tourney proposition, but I don't quite understand if I'm supposed to post it in here now, or get approval from the good lord Doofie first via PM.

I have a tourney proposition, but I don't quite understand if I'm supposed to post it in here now, or get approval from the good lord Doofie first via PM.

You get approval from Doofina.

Also sorry for the lack of info on UBW after college classes today everything will be in the clear.

Unlimited Blade Works

Date of Event: Friday October 10.

Start Time: 12pm PST / 3pm EST (time is flexible)

End Time: 11:59pm Saturday / 2:59am EST Sunday

Tournament Host: Jedi

Tournament Rules

- 2 stock, 5 minutes. Each set is Best of 3. Finals is Best of 5.

- Double Elimination

- Maximum Number of Participants: 16

- Only characters with a sword can enter! This means that your character options are restricted to: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Meta Knight, Kirby, Greninja, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter

- Custom movesets are allowed. Custom equipment is not.

- You may change your character and/or custom moves in between matches.

- Items must be turned off!

- Each match can be played on one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Road, Arena Ferox Omega and Gerudo Valley Omega. Every other stage, including unlisted Omega forms, isn't able to be played on. Once a stage has been played on, it may not be played again.

- Leaderboard Points: +20 for winning a set.

- Please contact me by October 8 if you are not able to make it to the tournament so I can give your spot to someone else.

Participants and their FCs.

1. mercilesscharizard. FC: 1950-8832-8557

2.Ice Sage. FC: 1048-8056-7132

3.Quintessence. FC: 3110-4966-9614

4.Euklyd. FC: 4914 - 3176 - 3524

5.PJSalt. FC: 0430-8521-9259

6.Doofina. FC: 0791-3590-5034

7. Knife. FC: 4167-4800-2704

8. Raven

9. KwehKweh FC: 4012-4741-6497

10. Burakkuhoku. FC: 2766-8685-4348

11. Mr. Iggy. Koopa. FC: 1977-0250-8724

12. Gyro-King. FC: 4468-1474-00273

13. AlphaZero. FC: 0318-7721-1579

14. Anacybele. FC: 1091-7971-9087

15. Cornet. FC: 3840-5757-3154

16. Fruity Insanity. FC: 1805-3417-7671

Reserves

1. Alfred Kamon. FC: 4742-7330-4012

2. Zukonima. FC: 2879 - 0155 - 3196

3. Linkmstr. FC: 5129-2637-6621

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/UBWSMASH3DS

First series (The round one fights) of matches is to be done by 5:PM Pacific Time (This is to be to give some of the later players some time)

Second Bracket (And first losers) is to be done by 7PM

And so forth. Every two hours from that point will be a deadline until Midnight, Then you will resume at noon the next day if possible and have till that next midnight to finish.

But judging from how the HYPE tourney went. This should take one afternoon, if you can do matches while some of the other bracket is "lagged" feel free to do so.

Jedi's not able to access the site at this moment, but has a few announcements:

Jedi says: I just have an announcement on starting times for my tourney and that the bracket is up and that I have to bow out of my own tourney

Bracket 1:

114fdf1344f310d8eca6822824832dc8.png

You get approval from Doofina.

Also sorry for the lack of info on UBW after college classes today everything will be in the clear.

It's submitted to Doof for approval.

Edited by Sara.

Oh, I was never removed from the tourney even though I asked to be? Well, I'm not going to complain, I don't mind rejoining. :) Thanks for not taking me out of the bracket, seriously. ^^

Oh, and I'm number 8! That's my lucky number! Maybe that means I'll actually get past round 1 for once. :o

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I was never removed from the tourney even though I asked to be? Well, I'm not going to complain, I don't mind rejoining. :) Thanks for not taking me out of the bracket, seriously. ^^

Oh, and I'm number 8! That's my lucky number! Maybe that means I'll actually get past round 1 for once. :o

Oh whoops! I didn't notice you asked but if its fine with you I'll just leave ya be haha.

Sorry College makes things hectic for me

Edited by Jedi