Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought maybe you predicted that I would change my mind, considering I tend to for these kinds of things. XD

Haha I must have had a vision from the Monado :P. But yeah those times work for everyone right?

Haha I must have had a vision from the Monado :P. But yeah those times work for everyone right?

Oh yes, I'm long out of work by 3PM (I'm in the eastern US timezone) and my folks will all be away on Friday, so I have nothing else to do! lol

Just saying, I've never faced PJSalt, but people (or at least one person) says he's very good. I'm not about ready to lose before facing him and seeing for myself, so I'm bringing my S+ game!

Dude, I was matched up with him in the first round of the hype tourney and he's the most beastly player I ever faced. Nobody I played Brawl with could destroy me the way he did. He also won the tourney.

Dang you guys need to set up tourneys on days I don't have tourneys to go to IRL

Hopefully I'll be able to join one soon :)

Also:

Whoopitydoo.

Well, I'm paired with PKL round 1.

GG, me.

Don't worry just fight through losers bracket :) then get wrecked by him in grand finals lol

I think that if a tourney winner wins twice in a row, they should be excluded from the next one that comes up. It's to keep things interesting. I mean, I don't really WANT anyone to be excluded, but it's kind of boring if the same person wins over and over again. And I can definitely see PJ winning a bunch.

I'm just glad that I wouldn't face him until the finals in this tourney. I have a chance to at least make it there without him being my opponent. XD

I think that if a tourney winner wins twice in a row, they should be excluded from the next one that comes up. It's to keep things interesting. I mean, I don't really WANT anyone to be excluded, but it's kind of boring if the same person wins over and over again. And I can definitely see PJ winning a bunch.

I'm just glad that I wouldn't face him until the finals in this tourney. I have a chance to at least make it there without him being my opponent. XD

Then know that I WILL SHOW NO MERC-- *ahem* I mean, may the best fighter win!

i think that excluding somebody because they're good is a very bad idea. i also think that winning a tournament because somebody couldn't sign up doesn't mean anything.

i think that excluding somebody because they're good is a very bad idea. i also think that winning a tournament because somebody couldn't sign up doesn't mean anything.

I didn't say they should be excluded because they're good. I say they should be excluded because they win every tournament. Someone winning every single one makes things boring and predictable.

Besides, I only said they'd be excluded from the NEXT tourney if they just won a second one in a row. They'd be allowed to enter tourneys again after that. It's not like I'm saying they shouldn't compete at all.

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't say they should be excluded because they're good. I say they should be excluded because they win every tournament. Someone winning every single one makes things boring and predictable.

Besides, I only said they'd be excluded from the NEXT tourney if they just won a second one in a row. They'd be allowed to enter tourneys again after that. It's not like I'm saying they shouldn't compete at all.

and to consistently win tournaments, considerable skill is needed. if you don't like the repetitiveness, then get good (i know this doesn't come off well, but there isn't a better way to say it).

and to consistently win tournaments, considerable skill is needed. if you don't like the repetitiveness, then get good (i know this doesn't come off well, but there isn't a better way to say it).

You make it sound like that's easy. Which it isn't.

You make it sound like that's easy. Which it isn't.

i never said it was easy. the only thing that blocking people off will do is discourage people from getting better. it's also not going to help much with consistency of who wins. eventually, even if one person's banned, we'll still have a good idea about who's going to win. want to know how to get better? play other people, including those who are better than you. in tournaments, nobody will go easy on you. it would be a perfect learning experience, especially if you're going against a top player here, no?

besides, it's not like a person is going to be signed up for EVERY tournament hosted here.

i never said it was easy. the only thing that blocking people off will do is discourage people from getting better. it's also not going to help much with consistency of who wins. eventually, even if one person's banned, we'll still have a good idea about who's going to win. want to know how to get better? play other people, including those who are better than you. in tournaments, nobody will go easy on you. it would be a perfect learning experience, especially if you're going against a top player here, no?

besides, it's not like a person is going to be signed up for EVERY tournament hosted here.

Whatever. You have your opinion, I have mine. We obviously won't be agreeing on anything here.

Tournaments from Jave and Elieson have been added to the calendar.

http://teamup.com/ks62ebbfedc1ffbcd7/

Will be adding this link to the OP later.

We still need 4 people to sign up for Fists of Fury.

Should totally put links to them in the calendar description, so people can see what the tourney's setup/rules are (because i have no idea what the deal with drafting will be and how many slots)

Who's Shinkuma/?

Ana (and others if they want to get more involved in competitive smash), try maybe asking PKL later either tips on how to get better or what you did that made it so easy for him to win and then do friendlies and try to get better. I started doin melee and pm tournaments at the beginning of summer and would get wrecked but most people in the competitive scene are pretty nice (from personal experience) and will gladly give you tips on what you can try to do better. I don't know PKL so he might not but either way it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm sure others around here as well would be glad to help if you are willing and respectful, and yeah sometimes it gets real frustrating when it seems like you aren't getting better but you can if you try.

I also try to pass on knowledge acquired from others as well and would be glad to give tips if we play some 1v1s ever.

Yeah, but if I ask him for tips, I'm going to feel like I'm copying him. I'd like to get better in my own way. xP

trust me he can give you all the tips in the world your playstyles will not be the same. Also the tips will be more general, he isn't going to show you exactly how to play x character, just things to look for.

Should totally put links to them in the calendar description, so people can see what the tourney's setup/rules are (because i have no idea what the deal with drafting will be and how many slots)

Who's Shinkuma/?

Detailed rules will show up when it's time for sign ups, but in a nutshell for the Draft Tourney: 16 participants, each gets 3 characters for the whole tourney. Characters are chosen by the participants in the same way units are recruited in FE drafts, meaning two participants can't have the same character.

3 characters for each of 16 participants = 48 characters = the whole roster except Mii Fighters.

Dang, I didn't know tournaments were being added to the calendar this fast. I was thinking of PMing Doofina about a teams tournament, but it looks like this month is pretty full. :(