Disappointing character endings.

Dragoncat

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And looks like he was feralized for longer than Rajaion.

Rajaion was feralized for nearly twenty years, and Renning was feralized for at most four.

Renning was captured near the beginning of PoR; he couldn't have been feralized before then. And he was cured near the end of RD, roughly four years later.

But back on topic... I know Roy has a bunch of paired endings already, but I would have liked to see him paired up with Guinevere, or with Idoun. I know they're not playable characters, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see that.

Edited by Paper Jam

Rajaion was feralized for nearly twenty years, and Renning was feralized for at most four.

Renning was captured near the beginning of PoR; he couldn't have been feralized before then. And he was cured near the end of RD, roughly four years later.

And Renning's a beorc. It would makes sense if they work differently for beorc and laguz.

oguma and navarre disappears

then come back for fe3

then disappear

shiva disappears

galzuz disappears

raven disappears

gerrick disappears

the whole mysterious dark emo swordsman shit is overplayed and annoying. glad awakening remedied that

Obligatory FE3/12 answer. There's like no closure, it's depressing, or there's too little info even if it closes. Pick one. Awakening certainly helped so much with this little predicament of awful endings.

I have to say, no Laura/Aran, Ilyana/Zihark, Micaiah/Pelleas, Titania/Ike (not romantic of course, on the same level as ranulf or soren), or Rhys/Mia is so incredibly disappointing. I mean, I get Meg is basically their joke, so that makes since, but just why

Also I actually hate Ike's ending. It's so awful and disappointing. Yes, I get "Settled down, helped rebuild, married blah blah" was what they tried to prevent, but don't do this to me. Priam makes it worse even.

At least give you an alternate ending where all the mercenaries from Mist to Shinon go, of course with Ranulf. That'd actually be amazing, and would make a nice game plot, but no, loner Ike FTW to the developers.

But back on topic... I know Roy has a bunch of paired endings already, but I would have liked to see him paired up with Guinevere, or with Idoun. I know they're not playable characters, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see that.

An ending where Roy woos the final boss would probably elevate him on list of notable videogame protagonists, let alone Fire Emblem. Heh.

I was under the impression that roy marries guinevere if he is lacking the support necessary for another paired ending. I can't check on this, however, bc the script links are down on serenes forest proper.

Nah its just implied. It's kinda weird too since it feels like its going to lead into some kind of confession but it doesn't.

i don't think roy has ever met the girl until then though.

it'd seem kinda out of nowhere

He hasn't but it would be somewhat novel, even if it stemmed mostly from pity.

then come back for fe3

then disappear

shiva disappears

galzuz disappears

raven disappears

gerrick disappears

the whole mysterious dark emo swordsman shit is overplayed and annoying. glad awakening remedied that

Tbf Gerik avoids that fate in his paired endings. And you forgot IKE!

Lessee Soren gets a disappointing solo ending after all the misery he's been through. Would've liked to see him as King of Daein or carve some sort of life in Goldoa lol.

This series is also known for fucking over its dark magic users. Sophia, Canas, Knoll, PELLEAS(although I suppose the alternate ending is alright, but still it was quite lacking.) Salem and Ray probs get the best endings but those are still lacking IMO.0

then come back for fe3

then disappear

Actually, it was only Navarre who disappears in both. Ogma stayed in Talys for Book 1.

That being said, I particularly don't like it either, considering those two were among my top fav characters in both games. Especially how Navarre just disappears after the first war, only to join another group of bandits.

I'd have personally liked if the two had a paired ending that regarded to their rivalry, which apparently was never settled and not very expanded upon (Or was it in their supports? I never got to see all of them, and if I did, don't remember it at all)

• 1 month later...

.NO. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M DISAPPOINTED IN. THE AVATAR'S ENDINGS IN AWAKENING. IT TICKS ME OFF SO MUCH I HAVE TO PUT IT IN ALL CAPS. EVEN IF YOU MARRY SOMEONE, IT'S ALWAYS, '(Insert Avatar name here) loved (Insert spouse's name here) above all else.' I'M SORRY BUT I FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD BE DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON WHO YOU MARRIED. JUST SAYIN'.

It may not seem like much but it bugs me okay. :E:

.NO. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M DISAPPOINTED IN. THE AVATAR'S ENDINGS IN AWAKENING. IT TICKS ME OFF SO MUCH I HAVE TO PUT IT IN ALL CAPS. EVEN IF YOU MARRY SOMEONE, IT'S ALWAYS, '(Insert Avatar name here) loved (Insert spouse's name here) above all else.' I'M SORRY BUT I FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD BE DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON WHO YOU MARRIED. JUST SAYIN'.

It may not seem like much but it bugs me okay. :E:

Therein lies the problem with a character being able to support everybody- having paired endings for AvatarxEverybody would take a lot of work.