Meme Discussion: Day 18: Space Jam

DreadFighter

Obviously the memes are getting less interesting. Therefore time to bring out the big guns. Aka the fat ones

[spoiler=Gheb]Portrait_gheb_fe08.png

[spoiler=Long Random nonsense created by Gheb worshipers]Upon reading Albin0's exposition about one of the many theories regarding the enigmatic Fort Rigwald, I feel enlightened by his explanation and feel compelled to expand on your thoughts. The analysis is proficient, but he forgot to consider the presence of Gheb, the leader of Fort Rigwald.

Gheb bears quite a resemblance to the Egyptian god Geb, who is the god of the earth and the father of both Osiris and Isis. Being the god of the earth, he uses his power to bind Tana to her 2x2 prison, but the most significant event that transpires is the confrontation of Tana by Gheb prior to Tana's imprisonment. When the two first meet, there is a sharp juxtaposition in that Gheb represents the earth while Tana represents the sky. Since Gheb has the air of the god Geb, he is able to overwhelm Tana, thus rendering her attempts to resist control futile. It strengthens Albin0's argument as to include Gheb into the equation as he creates the misbalance of power that forces Tana into her hellish prison.

As for Amelia, it is clear as to Gheb's significance behind Amelia's actions. Specifically put, Gheb's control over the earth overpowers Amelia's attempts to run, and as such she is at first tentative to move, and thus waits until Ephraim's army goes to lay siege to fort Rigwald. In light of this, it can also be said that Amelia represents opportunity; another contrast between her and Tana. Amelia waits until she finds the opportunity to possibly escape Gheb's torture house called Fort Rigwald, and after assessing the situation finds a chance at escaping when Ephraim's army opens the gate. Of course, as is stated in the original exposition, Amelia is then pitted with a predicament, as her fate is sadly sealed from the day she was ordered to serve time in Fort Rigwald. The solution is indeed to keep moving; creating distance between her and Tana serves to Amelia's benefit. Gheb lies in the middle; he is the bond that connects Amelia and Tana through contrast, and in separating herself from Tana, Amelia is breaking the bond that ties her to Tana and is in turn freeing herself from Gheb.

I hope this clears up some misconceptions about Fort Rigwald. The symbolic importance is indeed significant, and it is to the player's benefit that he or she acquires background knowledge before traversing through historical grounds.

So yes we got the Sacred Stones Fatman.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't deny that Gheb is pretty iconic as far as FE chapter boss, and I don't mind him as far as that goes. But I thought Gheb FE was pretty bad.

Hextator posted up some chat logs where he was doing a sort of weird crossover of Gheb and The Dark Knight, and that was pretty funny imo.

Gheb was pretty out there, in a decent way

but giving it it its own ROM hack in Gheb FE was shit shit tier

i said Shit twice to emphasis how much it sucked

Edited by Sockmaster

shut down the fucking thread right now, we've reached the absolute nadir.

It has a ROMhack in its honor.
And it's hilarious.

you're objectively wrong. i felt dirty even fucking quoting this.

shut down the fucking thread right now, we've reached the absolute nadir.

you're objectively wrong. i felt dirty even fucking quoting this.

Getting it out of the way so no one requests Gheb.

Romhack was painfully tedious but funny enough considering all there was to work with was a fatman.

Edited by WaluigiWeegee

you're the op of this thread

you have the power to reject them

what do you mean 'getting it out of the way', either way we still have one (1) day of this shit

congratulations some idiots from fucking 4chan or wherever decided that a fat guy who shouted at amelia once was apparently some kind of cult hero, and they decided to venerate him by turning him into a paedophile

got to love the imagination these people show

okay

this should be one of them since the entire draw of the fandom was literally that he raped children.

Wow...I remember him clearly being about to rape tana, but was that actually in the game too?

EDIT: No you know what, I don't want to know.

Edited by SeverIan

Wow...I remember him clearly being about to rape tana, but was that actually in the game too?

EDIT: No you know what, I don't want to know.

I don't think it was actually in the game. IIRC he said something creepy to Tana but I don't think it was that explicit.

MissingNo. is something I encountered when I was a little kid and thought it was a secret rare Pokemon that wasn't even in any of my player's guides but had to run from because I was out of Pokeballs/low on health and wanted to heal /JUST WANTED TO GET TO CINNABAR ALREADY GOD (i don't remember cuz years ago)