When is Nintendo going to announce their new FE game?

It would but I would be surprised if it happened. Metroid's 25th anniversary was barely acknowledged by Nintendo.

Isn't FE more popular than Metroid though, at least in Japan? I heard that Metroid does badly in Japan.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't FE more popular than Metroid though, at least in Japan? I heard that Metroid does badly in Japan.

FE is probably currently more popular than Metroid, but back in the days of Super Metroid and later the Prime games, Metroid was much more popular, Metroid Prime alone allowed the series four games in a single generation of consoles and two in the early next gen. Awakening seems to have brought Fire Emblem more into the spotlight, not to mention the last Metroid game that shall not be named basically put the series in a deep, dark hole. It's not like Metroid is completely unknown in Japan either, it was probably more popular there than Fire Emblem was here before Awakening. It's not like they were financial failures.

(Fun fact, IS were the primary programmers of Super Metroid)

Edited by Knight

you are correct

alot of people fail to grasp that japan doesn't think much of metroid, more so now because of Other M.

but that doesn't stop "PUT RIDLEY IN SMASH BROTHERS" people

It doesn't matter too much if Japan doesn't like Metroid if the majority of the video game market is in Europe and North America.

The Metroid franchise overall still sold more than Fire Emblem, since it's present on this list and not Fire Emblem.

To be fair, Metroid is still pretty low on the list, especially when compared to Mario, Pokemon and Zelda.

Still, even if it's not that big in Japan, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are widely regarded as some of the best games ever made in the opinion of the western gaming community. The only recognition it got for its anniversary was a post on the 3DS facebook. To be fair, the anniversary occurred one year after the release of Metroid Other M, which was highly controversial.

I see, but don't forget that FE did get stuff for its 20th anniversary, like the art book. I just hope that whatever they do for the 25th next year, people outside of Japan get to have it as well, especially since it's also Ike's 10th anniversary next year (PoR came out in 05). And he's the only lord to have more than one game localized. Giving a bit more to Tellius this time around would celebrate both!

Edited by Anacybele

It doesn't matter too much if Japan doesn't like Metroid if the majority of the video game market is in Europe and North America.

except the games are made IN japan by a Japanese company.

right now you might not want to admit it, but the series is on life support after other m, just like star fox was until that new game announcement.

one bad game can really effect people's opinions on something as a whole.

i love metroid, i want more games of the series, but its just not a big priority in the country that makes the games.

Not an option at the moment maybe, but I do still hope IS makes a Wii U FE someday. That shit would look amazing with the HD graphics. It just needs a good story, good characters, good gameplay, etc. which is the harder part. Oh, and marketing like what Awakening got. Which shouldn't be that hard.

Probably won't be on Wii U, by the time Nintendo gets comfortable with another console FE, the Wii U 2 or whatever will probably be on the way, and there will probably be a Tellius rehash.

Probably won't be on Wii U, by the time Nintendo gets comfortable with another console FE, the Wii U 2 or whatever will probably be on the way, and there will probably be a Tellius rehash.

If by Tellius rehash, you mean re-releases or remakes, I'm all for that as well. They need a second chance badly given the good reviews they got despite the poor sales. I think bad marketing and limited availability hindered them too much. I'd bet anything that they would've sold more if they'd gotten marketed the way Awakening was. They might not have sold quite as much as Awakening did, but still.

And people who like Ike in Smash but haven't played his games might want to play them now! Yet, they can't because they're too expensive and too hard to find now. Re-releasing Ike's games in a Wii U bundle for his 10th anniversary would be a great way to celebrate it too. But sadly, I doubt this will happen because even though such a thing wouldn't require a large budget, IS is probably wary about how they use their money right now when it comes to FE remakes/re-releases (SD flopped after all, causing New Mystery to not even be localized).

Edited by Anacybele

If by Tellius rehash, you mean re-releases or remakes, I'm all for that as well. They need a second chance badly given the good reviews they got despite the poor sales. I think bad marketing and limited availability hindered them too much. I'd bet anything that they would've sold more if they'd gotten marketed the way Awakening was. They might not have sold quite as much as Awakening did, but still.

And people who like Ike in Smash but haven't played his games might want to play them now! Yet, they can't because they're too expensive and too hard to find now. Re-releasing Ike's games in a Wii U bundle for his 10th anniversary would be a great way to celebrate it too. But sadly, I doubt this will happen because even though such a thing wouldn't require a large budget, IS is probably wary about how they use their money right now when it comes to FE remakes/re-releases (SD flopped after all, causing New Mystery to not even be localized).

No I meant how one of the possible reasons Tellius didn't sell was because it was at the end of it's console's lifespan.

right now you might not want to admit it, but the series is on life support after other m, just like star fox was until that new game announcement.

i love metroid, i want more games of the series, but its just not a big priority in the country that makes the games.

Actually, I remember seeing an interview around E3 with Miyamoto and the someone at Nintendo responsible for Metroid (not Sakurai) where people asked about Metroid. Their answer was that they have plans for both a traditional '2D' Metroid game and a '3D Prime' style Metroid game. So I wouldn't say that the series is on life support. And Other M still managed to sell more than 1 million copies despite all the controversy.

Pretty sure the next one, if u exclude the crossover with SMT, will be on the new DS nintendo is making. Apparently, that DS will come out in Japan this year, and in EU/US in a year after that. That should give them enough time to make a new FE for that one.

Actually, I remember seeing an interview around E3 with Miyamoto and the someone at Nintendo responsible for Metroid (not Sakurai) where people asked about Metroid. Their answer was that they have plans for both a traditional '2D' Metroid game and a '3D Prime' style Metroid game. So I wouldn't say that the series is on life support. And Other M still managed to sell more than 1 million copies despite all the controversy.

i'm glad to be wrong for once.

with that said, sure it sold a million, but if the next game is adverised to be like other m, you can bet its not gonna be bought as much

EDIT: look at DMC2, sure it sold a fuck ton of units, but DMC3 didn't sell as well dispite being the much better game, because people were defensive about buying it due to DMC2

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Pretty sure the next one, if u exclude the crossover with SMT, will be on the new DS nintendo is making. Apparently, that DS will come out in Japan this year, and in EU/US in a year after that. That should give them enough time to make a new FE for that one.

Um, I'm pretty sure it won't be.

Fire Emblem doesn't to be a CPU-taxing game, as it isn't an action game.

Also, keeping the amount of New Nintendo 3DS-exclusive games to a minimum is in the best interest of Nintendo, since doing otherwise just splits the market.

The old SMT RPG games (Majin Tensei) were already a hybrid of SMT and FE lol, having a hybrid of that and FE would just be redundant or something.

Devil Survivor...

dear yhvh no

The old SMT RPG games (Majin Tensei) were already a hybrid of SMT and FE lol, having a hybrid of that and FE would just be redundant or something.

A super hybrid.

No, it's IS's game too because their content is being used. Atlus can't know everything about IS's stuff, so IS has to be working on it too. Besides, IS was the one that said it's still right on schedule. If they know how the development is going so far, they must be helping in it.

Atlus' programming staff are the ones actually making the game. IS are just supervising them, making sure the FE characters are consistent with their FE series portrayal.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I wouldn't say redundant. As much as I love Majin Tensei, the games were never all that popular and it's been a long while since they were released. Not to mention the lack of any international release.

Arguably, a great one hasn't been made in Japan since Super Metroid, the Prime series was made by Americans (Retro Studios, also known for the last few DKC games). (Fusion and Zero are pretty good, not great IMO) I have reason to believe Retro's next project is another Metroid anyway, they've been hiring lots of staff.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I very much doubt it will be too long before the next FE, we probably don't have to worry about only one game being on the 3DS at the very least.

Firstly, Nintendo doesn't make FE. Intelligent Systems does. Nintendo just publishes it. Second, they've been working on SMT x FE lately, not to mention that 3DS game that was announced during E3. The next FE will come eventually. Though of course, I hope soon.

npKajQl.png

Learn to fact check, darling

I do hope that some sort of announcement will come soon for a new FE, although I have a feeling that it will end up being a ways off.

npKajQl.png

Learn to fact check, darling

That's still incorrect. It's on a wiki too, which can easily have errors. Nintendo themselves take no part in the development of FE games, otherwise they'd be considered first-party and would have an attraction in Nintendo Land. IS fully develops them, Nintendo just adds their name to it.

Edited by Anacybele