When is Nintendo going to announce their new FE game?

It's been over three years since Kakusei was announced to be in development (2011 Tokyo Game Show, iirc), and 2015 - the franchise's 25th anniversary - is just around the corner.

What does Nintendo plan to do? When will they announce it? When will it be released? Will it take 10-12 months to localize, pushing the Western release into 2016?

I mean, it's been a while. Longer than I imagined, since Awakening's release still seems like it happened recently. :V

If they push the game back a year like they did for Europe, I'm importing a Japanese New 3DS XL and playing SSB4 and FE on that. x3

All I can guess is like a Japanese Nintendo Direct sometime around the end of this year.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, since FE has remained fairly consistent with it's release intervals. I don't think there ever has been a break that lasted more than 3 years. So I share the assumption that an announcement might come relatively soon.

Then again, SMTxFE and Code Name: Steam could be higher on their priority list.

Edited by Topazd255

Awakening was supposed to be the last one.

But it sold well so Nintendo allowed the series to live for the time being.

IS just gotta somehow make another game that everyone will want to buy. Preferably on the 3DS because console market is still uber sketchy unless Smash 4 helps make people buy a Wii U which it probably would.

Either way IS and Nintendo have to be really careful with Fire Emblem especially now that they opened up the floodgates that is the dating sim. They either have to continue it or try something new which never turns out that well like 99% of the time. An exaggeration but it gets the point across maybe sorta.

True, since FE has remained fairly consistent with it's release intervals. I don't think there ever has been a break that lasted more than 3 years. So I share the assumption that an announcement might come relatively soon.

Then again, SMTxFE and Code Name: Steam could be higher on their priority list.

Is IS even developing SMTxFE? I thought Atlus was doing most (all?) the work for that game.

And developing two games at once doesn't seem out of question.

After all, they were teasing the game at E3 this year. :3

Awakening was supposed to be the last one.

But it sold well so Nintendo allowed the series to live for the time being.

IS just gotta somehow make another game that everyone will want to buy. Preferably on the 3DS because console market is still uber sketchy unless Smash 4 helps make people buy a Wii U which it probably would.

Either way IS and Nintendo have to be really careful with Fire Emblem especially now that they opened up the floodgates that is the dating sim. They either have to continue it or try something new which never turns out that well like 99% of the time. An exaggeration but it gets the point across maybe sorta.

Yeah. I'm guessing the 3DS, too. That just makes more sense, especially with SMTxFE coming out on the Wii U.

Make of this what you will

Not the crossover, silly. :3

I know about that.

I mean a full FE game!

That FE cross SMT game will probably be like the oldschool SRPG SMT games.

Unless it's like hybrid of those games and FE or something different. who knowsssss

the series is dead, you can all go home

Development cycles seem to get longer and longer, especially for consoles, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be a while even if it is in the works.

I'd probably say news on a new FE comes after FExSMT, assuming it isn't vaporware, which I doubt, but yeah, I wouldn't want it to be another dating sim, I'd prefer an FE that focused on story over another... that.

That FE cross SMT game will probably be like the oldschool SRPG SMT games.

Unless it's like hybrid of those games and FE or something different. who knowsssss

Probably, but I wouldn't mind seeing FE in a traditional RPG format.

But I also wouldn't mind seeing something different altogether.

Firstly, Nintendo doesn't make FE. Intelligent Systems does. Nintendo just publishes it. Second, they've been working on SMT x FE lately, not to mention that 3DS game that was announced during E3. The next FE will come eventually. Though of course, I hope soon.

IS said a while ago that a Wii U FE would need to sell somewhere in the ballpark of a million copies in order for it to be profitable, so that's kinda not an option.

I personally hope IS' next project after Project STEAM is Paper Mario 5. :P

People are still buying Awakening so they're still making money off of the game.

Not an option at the moment maybe, but I do still hope IS makes a Wii U FE someday. That shit would look amazing with the HD graphics. It just needs a good story, good characters, good gameplay, etc. which is the harder part. Oh, and marketing like what Awakening got. Which shouldn't be that hard.

Edited by Anacybele

Firstly, Nintendo doesn't make FE. Intelligent Systems does. Nintendo just publishes it. Second, they've been working on SMT x FE lately, not to mention that 3DS game that was announced during E3. The next FE will come eventually. Though of course, I hope soon.

SMTxFE is being developed by Atlus, not IS.

Whenever it comes out it better release international or at the very latest one month between each other.

I'd hope so, too, but I dunno.

One months seems to be pushing it. A lot.

And an international release seems kinda far out there for a franchise as small as Fire Emblem, despite recent growth.

Heck, even Super Smash Bros. didn't get an international release...

I'm aware of the fact that IS develops the games. I never said otherwise.

But I'm pretty sure Nintendo does the marketing. (Announcements, advertisements, sales, and all that.)

Isn't SMTxFE being developed by Atlus...?

That's what I thought, at least.

And developing two games at once doesn't seem out of question at all.

I'm just hoping it's announced soon. I mean, it's been more than 3 years since Awakening's announcement, after all.

Hey Neal, stop hiding your power level and not worry about that.

You've been playing Kiseki games.

Memorizing kanji is takes a lot of time, and importing is expensive. ;n;

But that's not enough to stop me, I guess. I imported FE12, after all.

And I kinda like Fire Emblem a lot. x3

Even if it's nowhere near Rey-level. :3333

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I'm guessing (more hoping really) that they're saving some sort of surprise for the 25th anniversary next year. Hopefully a new FE game? I'm not really getting my hopes up though. As far as FE is concerned, they're probably focusing on SMT x FE first.

the series is dead, you can all go home

I'm finally free.

SMTxFE is being developed by Atlus, not IS.

No, it's IS's game too because their content is being used. Atlus can't know everything about IS's stuff, so IS has to be working on it too. Besides, IS was the one that said it's still right on schedule. If they know how the development is going so far, they must be helping in it.

Edited by Anacybele

Probably after the release of STEAM or during the it's late development, assuming SMTxFE is out by then. I really want a new FE game now that my mind is on the subject.

Personally I don't put too much faith into SMTxFE.

I mean, when the game was announced at the beginning of 2013, they could show us nothing but a "trailer" which only consisted of old artwork. And despite both franchises having trouble with their international releases, they even showed that trailer here in Europe, as if they knew already that the game was definitely going to make it this far despite is being obviously so early in development that they couldn't show us anything of substance.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer was only made because Nintendo was desperate to announce something for the Wii U in order to make up for their dwindling third-party support and a lack of promising titles that could be released before the end of 2013.

Maybe the game was and still is only a vague concept that might never end up being made at all.

Edited by BrightBow

Would be awesome if there was a big 25th anniversary deal like there was with Zelda...

It would but I would be surprised if it happened. Metroid's 25th anniversary was barely acknowledged by Nintendo.

Isn't this nearly somewhat the same deal Megaman had with its 25th anniversary?

Thankfully there was those dudes that made that Megaman, Street Fighter game to remind capcom

Fan-made Fire Emblem game officially endorsed by IS and Nintendo confirmed