What do you like to cook?

EricaofRenais

It is finally starting to feel like fall where I live so that means I can start cooking things in the oven like roast chicken or beef and baked goods too. May favorite thing to cook in the fall and winter is roast chicken and with the leftovers I make the stock for home made chicken soup with potato, carrot, celery and mushroom. So what is your favorite thing to cook?

Homemade vanilla bean/malted vanilla bean/mint chocolate chip ice cream

Chicken consomme (used for chicken noodle soup)

Tomato pasta sauce

Chicken lo mein/mei fun

I don't like to cook things in the oven because it cooks differently depending on size and oven program every time unless you have a thermometer.

I hate actually cooking meals, stuff doesn't turn out. I love baking though, u love making muffins and brownies. Pies are fun too but they can be a chore.

I prefer baking over cooking, but being a housewife means I do all of the cooking for us, too, and I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it. Despite my baking preferences, I actually don't really care for meals made in the oven too much; it's a lot of set and wait and less opportunity for trying new things and testing and balancing flavours while you cook. So, I do a lot of stove-top cooking, but because I'm also lazy, I tend to prefer meals that I can make in one pan, like stirfries and risotto. My rice cooker and air fryer are also my favourite accessory appliances and are great for healthier cooking. While both of those also have the "set and wait" mentality, they're more used for side things (rice, potatos, steamed veggies, etc.) than the main portion of a meal, like most oven-dishes tend to be. My favourite baking is definitely a family cookie recipe that I always make at least once a year. It makes a huge batch of cookies, but it's great for sharing and passing around, especially for holidays and parties.

Whatever food won't make me sick. Bonus points if I can pull it off in a slow cooker (so my dinner is ready when I get home).

This consists of stir fries (which are a lot more expensive than they should be), stews (curry goes on the stove top, all others in the slow cooker), roasts, the occasional dish with wild rice, and the odd chicken marsala. I miss shrimp scampi!

I feel a lot better about my baking than my cooking haha. Although I feel like I should take some cooking classes someday soon, to expand my extremely limited repertoire. As far as reviews go, I hear that I can make some good from-scratch chicken enchiladas, garlic bread, and scones.

I cook mostly European style though for proteins I often use tofu because there's just so few good alternatives to meat and fish. I don't like cooking one bit, but eating good and healthy food is important. In all I almost never spend more than 45 minutes cooking and you can forget about baking.

I don't cook a whole lot. I do like making turkey meatballs, pan fried and roasted chicken, french onion soup (recent), triple chocolate chip cookies, baklava, spinach triangles (the recipe I use calls them something like "trigonomas", not spanakopita (not that I know the difference)), braised beef short ribs, and some other stuff.

I cook chicken breasts, white rice and mixed vegetables (peppers and broccoli are my favorite) almost every day. Cheap, healthy, and delicious. I like to make all sorts of things though, not much better than feasting on a meal that you successfully prepared yourself!

I have a Trademark sausage risotto

it's trademarked because i literally got it from a football manager let's play written by americans so i have a reasonable shout to be the only person i'll ever know making the specific one tbh

Beyond that I'm also handy with curries and pasta - nothing fancy.

Beef. Steak. Sausages. Any and all meat. Fried in a frying pan.

My hairy arms cover my scars of battle with the spitting of fat.

Ouch man. I know what you mean...my meatball recipe requires the pan to fill up about a third of an inch with vegetable oil. Thank god for glass lids and tongs. That being said, I don't think I have any permanent marks from burns.

i can generally cook anything all depends on how i feel i really should cook more heavy meals being im 40 pounds underweight my favorites are more so pancakes Back Bacon Americans call it ham pizza wiener schnitzel roast beef and steak

Ouch man. I know what you mean...my meatball recipe requires the pan to fill up about a third of an inch with vegetable oil. Thank god for glass lids and tongs. That being said, I don't think I have any permanent marks from burns.

Are you guys sure you're not overheating the pan or using the wrong kind of oil for it?

I have this wokdish I always cook, with a lot of vegetables like leeks, spring onions, sugar peas or broccoli, chicken and wholegrain noodles, all soaked in a marinade consisting of coconut milk, soya, lime juice and some sugar. It is super easy and delicious, and the downside is that cutting all those vegetables take time.

Easy meals: take potatoes, half of that weight in kale(comes pre-cut) and smoked sausage(or any other smoked meat, bacon and such things), throw it all into a pot, boil it for 15-20 mins, take out the sausage, get rid of the water, then mash. Add some milk, butter and salt if you like.

And bam you a meal.