It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but they could also be going on strike for a dumb reason. We have no idea, as you say. I just hope for their sake, it IS a good reason.

There's a little thing called google, which you can use to get some facts instead of jumping to conclusions, especially unfavorable ones about the people going on strike. I merely google "west port strike" and got a whole bunch of stuff about it.

I looked up some articles and while I unfortunately didn't get a lot of details yet, it looks like there are compensation issues from what little I can glean. Dockworkers got mouths to feed, families to support, you know? Instead of assuming they're striking for a dumb reason and your first reaction being to snap at them for causing amiibo consumers "headaches" you should really do some research, or say nothing that passes judgment on either side if you don't want to do the research.

True, but they could also be going on strike for a dumb reason. We have no idea, as you say. I just hope for their sake, it IS a good reason.

You vote Republican. That is not a question.

17+ because he jets you hammered, then smashes you

Hue. More like Night Of The Gordo. So who all got told Dedede is pushed back till Summer? Thats just...poor Dedede mains out there.

Yeah, my friend has the Koopa King, he looks sweet~

I think Fox, Captain Falcon, and Sonic look great too. Peach and Zelda aren't as nice, though. Ah well.

Zelda looks good enough. I mean, mine isnt le ug or anything. Shulk looks really good and im actually alarmed at how good he looks. No janky eyes, floppy Monado, or anything.

I looked up some articles and while I unfortunately didn't get a lot of details yet, it looks like there are compensation issues from what little I can glean. Dockworkers got mouths to feed, families to support, you know? Instead of assuming they're striking for a dumb reason and your first reaction being to snap at them for causing amiibo consumers "headaches" you should really do some research, or say nothing that passes judgment on either side if you don't want to do the research.

Something like this? What I'm getting out of it is that they're been working through some pretty poor conditions for months now.

Edited by algae

Something like this? What I'm getting out of it is that they're been working through some pretty poor conditions for months now.

Yeah, something like that. It seems like none of the articles I've looked at are super clear on what exactly is going on since the employers and the workers are saying two different things, but regardless I agree it doesn't look like people are going on strike for some dumb reason.

Okay, then, they're not striking for a dumb reason. I wasn't assuming that they were anyway, only saying that it was a possibility.

Their bosses need to get their shit straight then. xP

And Dedede not purchasable for people under 18, lolwut.

Edited by Anacybele

you'd be savin time n dolla to import

is what i've been trying to say for the last month

unfortunately the transition costs are pretty high in my area as it would make me pay double or even triple the price for a single amiibo and some stores charge me double the shipping costs.

you'd be savin time n dolla to import

is what i've been trying to say for the last month

$18 ikes and $14 Sheiks from Germany (i guess + shipping) aren't bad

I should mention that i'm spotting 10-15$ in shipping costs, to the states from UK/Germany. I ordered a $20 Lucario and canceled it when i saw the $44 shipping on the most basic of shipment plans. I could pay a scalper base shipping costs for that.

I'm just loading up on Dedede's from around the world now, and trading them to ppl in my area for their Wave 3's who think Japanese text looks cool on the box. Well, hoping to anyway. If my orders would stop getting cancelled after i pay for them then I might pull trading off

[10:44:43 AM] Elieson: Wowiee
[10:44:46 AM] Elieson: gamestop just called
[10:44:57 AM] Elieson: a Fox miibo i preordered that got cancelled on me because the store lost it
[10:44:59 AM] Elieson: was just found
[10:45:40 AM] Elieson: they locked it in a secure drawer and lost the key for it weeks ago, and finally got a replacement key, and found my fox and a few other preordered things for other people in it
Edited by Sara.

I was gonna get an Ike Amiibo today, but unfortunately, the Best Buy I went to that told me to come this week 'cuz they'd have extra apparently lied to me. I did get a Mega Man Amiibo today. He looks nice.

Sheik is rare?

I went to Gamestop yesterday and they had like 9.

But they had no Bowser.

And they did have Sonic.

Sheik is very common right now.

Apparently my preorder of Ike amiibo has been delayed from gamestop so I gotta wait for him now.

Edited by kingddd

I'm having a hella hard time finding Sheik within 200 miles of me. Toon links are hard to come by, for that matter. It's pretty much the basic Mario bunch, and Diddy, wherever I look.

Snagged that Fox a few minutes ago though

Heh, in my area, every single store has an alarming surplus of Bowser, there are no Shieks or Toon Links to be found anywhere.

On another note, my Peach's explosive power shields have made my friend mad salty. We were playing 2v2s and 2v2v2v2s against our amiibo hoard, and the defense buffed Peach/Sonic team dominated every single time. Anyone else have some awesome skill loadouts on their amiibo?

Zelda looks good enough. I mean, mine isnt le ug or anything. Shulk looks really good and im actually alarmed at how good he looks. No janky eyes, floppy Monado, or anything.

Don't get me wrong, Peach and Zelda look fine, I just think some of the other amiibo are structured better.

I'm having a hella hard time finding Sheik within 200 miles of me. Toon links are hard to come by, for that matter. It's pretty much the basic Mario bunch, and Diddy, wherever I look.

Diddy? Really? I only see him at Best Buy around here.