It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Speaking of amiibos, Shin and I just finished packaging off his Ike amiibo to Florina. Man, we had to use a lot of tape. Also, Ike almost didn't fit inside the box. Whoops.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of amiibos, Shin and I just finished packaging off his Ike amiibo to Florina. Man, we had to use a lot of tape. Also, Ike almost didn't fit inside the box. Whoops.

So much Ike Bondage. I hear he likes the tug of electrical tape, hue! Cool! You will receive payment for him next week.

Hee hee, I always love some Ike talk! We like Ike. <3

Quite the opposite! That's why I put him in a box! But yeah, that's all my amiibo shipping done, I'll be returning to England three amiibos lighter.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/each_splatoon_amiibo_will_unlock_20_special_challenges

So each Splatoon Amiibo will give you 20 "DLC" maps. This works out to effectively 65 cents per map (if you pay the $13 price tag), which is incredible value for DLC and doesn't even include the exclusive gear. If you get the 3-pack, you get 60 missions for 60 cents each.

I think I really want these amiibos.

Man, too bad that game looks so dumb, otherwise I'd totally grab that stuff. That's an amazing deal right there.

Was the flamebait really necessary?

xnN6Hi.jpg
NiKYfr.jpg
2caZFG.jpg
iN1eMb.jpg
OwxJSg.jpg
q98jxA.jpg
4hPYgZ.jpg
Sonic and Kirby are next runners up. Both for retail. Kirby was bought at Gamestop and Sonic was bought at Walmart, although I saw a few of him at one of the four Gamestops near my area. XD
84dNDY.jpg
K5XWGr.jpg
czqIum.jpg
Got him at Walmart for 12.94
dBnA0u.jpg
My collection that is used now!
cOd4kd.jpg
Spk5ad.jpg
sQcsiD.jpg
pU4ctm.jpg
MxGeEf.jpg
Before opening it!
dYY6jd.jpg
WYvinB.jpg
P8v6tB.jpg
wKKFgG.jpg
Tee hee...
Got Mario at a local retailer today and the Gold one was quite a story to get! Gold one for Mario Party and the other one for Smash Bros.
IkSbE7.jpg
Wf2OcM.jpg
Yhy1n3.jpg
Toon Link obtained. At Walmart for 12.94
vDNmyf.jpg
wmQXzC.jpg
t5EToj.jpg
Yoshi Ver 2 before opening it! Got for 12.94 from mail and was ordered from Walmart.
jMmnXY.jpg
Canon. <333
pWImiQ.jpg
jbPBbP.jpg
i8nQCb.jpg
DzvNL6.jpg
Got for 12.99 by ordering at Gamestop before it came out!
oPHI2D.jpg
GKa4g6.jpg
jso4Vt.jpg
12.99 and was ordered at Gamestop before it came out!
ylBQJj.jpg
gKKsUT.jpg
pTKyEh.jpg
The real way he should look. <3333
It was ordered at Walmart for 12.94.
CqyQGx.jpg
nWMj8c.jpg
My Yoshi Ver 1 before opening it! Got it for retail at Target for 12.99.
YXsoWz.jpg
Before opening them. Rosalina was bought from a scalper for 49.99
4qIaBe.jpg
Before opening them. Marth was bought from a scalper for 39.99 and Ike I got for retail at Gamestop long before this amiibo came out!

Calm the fuck down. And send me your Amiibos for training.

Was the flamebait really necessary?

Was responding to it really necessary? Seriously, we both know that you're in love with Splatoon and I hate it, why don't you just stop complaining every time I mention my dislike for it (which isn't even really often)? I don't complain in your Splatoon thread or anything, so leave me alone already.

Edited by Anacybele

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/329xty/eb_games_lougheed_mall_update/

Looks like my current local store is only getting about 9 Robins and Lucinas and they had 60 preorders to fulfill. A friend of mine got a call and he won't be getting his robin amiibo and I was just in front of him. I'm still waiting for a phone call and I haven't received it all day so I hope this is a good sign for me.

SIXTY preorders in ONE store? Damn... No wonder Nintendo is having trouble meeting the demand in NA, the demand is through the atmosphere and into space. o_o

Ugh... I want a Robin amiibo, but on Amazon, there's a Japanese one worth over $45... I may as well decide to get lucky when I visit a store.

Was responding to it really necessary? Seriously, we both know that you're in love with Splatoon and I hate it, why don't you just stop complaining every time I mention my dislike for it (which isn't even really often)? I don't complain in your Splatoon thread or anything, so leave me alone already.

I'll admit that I'm excited for Splatoon, but in all fairness, you said that the game looks dumb, and you didn't state it was your opinion. Even if people know it's your opinion, it still comes off like you believe the opinion of the game looking dumb is overwhelmingly favored, when it isn't, which understandably won't sit well with people. If you said, "Too bad the game doesn't interest me," and that's all the negative stuff you have to say about the game, that's less harsh and misunderstanding than "Too bad the game looks dumb".

Was the rudeness really necessary?

Saying it was "so dumb" in the first place was pretty unnecessary, Ana. It's similar to you complaining every time Glac would mention her hate for Ike, if you think about it.
You have made it known on several occasions that you don't like Splatoon, so it's not like you have to reaffirm your opinion on it whenever you mention it.

I believe there's a saying for things like this: "It's okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about the things you don't like"

I'll admit that I'm excited for Splatoon, but in all fairness, you said that the game looks dumb, and you didn't state it was your opinion. Even if people know it's your opinion, it still comes off like you believe the opinion of the game looking dumb is overwhelmingly favored, when it isn't, which understandably won't sit well with people. If you said, "Too bad the game doesn't interest me," and that's all the negative stuff you have to say about the game, that's less harsh and misunderstanding than "Too bad the game looks dumb".

I've seen other people here state their opinions the way I did and nobody complained about it.

Was the rudeness really necessary?

The only rudeness I see is from you, but no, it wasn't. Once again, you did not need to acknowledge my comment.

EDIT: Kon: Except Glaceon uses phrases like "shit lord" and "should die in a hole" and stuff. I don't say anything that harsh and insulting. "dumb" and even "stupid" is a lot more mild. I'm not saying "Splatoon is a piece of shit that should die in a hole."

Edited by Anacybele

The only rudeness I see is from you, but no, it wasn't. Once again, you did not need to acknowledge my comment.

I'm not saying "Splatoon is a piece of shit that should die in a hole."

I don't see how I'm being rude. It was a genuine question because I don't understand what motivates you to make those type of comments. Although if that's your position on it, you could be the better person and not acknowledge MY comment.

Well, you said it now. Sure, disguised flaming, but still flaming.

Edited by Jave