It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that they will re-release every amiibo as cards or create an app for those who just want unlocks.

I'm expecting that to happen when the early sets of figurines stop selling and go out of production. They can't produce the early amiibo sets forever, so we'll eventually need some form of replacement.

They haven't said anything about an app, though.

Next line of amiibo (besides Animal Crossing) should be Super Mario wave #2. We know there are going to be amiibo of Donkey Kong, Wario and Rosalina from that line, and there likely be three new ones to go with them (I'm expecting Waluigi, Daisy and Toadette).

Oh yeah, that's right. Donkey Kong, Wario, and Rosalina all had their own unique amiibo poses displayed in-game in Mario Party 10. I have a feeling Nintendo would probably release another amiibo-compatible Mario game before releasing (or to coincide with) a Super Mario Wave 2 set. Maybe Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is amiibo compatible and Mario series amiibo will have some write-in function for it?

Target put up Preorders for Wave 5B and 8bit Mario

I was able to get my hands on Ganondorf and Dr Mario seconds before preorders dropped and all the others are out, but Marth also did go up briefly.

Keep your eyes on Target.com, they're known to flicker

d48338eb7e.png

Edited by Elieson

Of course they did. With the recent move into some random apartments I've recently made, cable and Wi-Fi and unobtainable right now, and I can only get on forums at school via iPad.

I'll have to keep a sharp eye for Doc elsewhere...

Hello all I have returned from a long absence, about a month actually, but you people probably don't care about my whereabouts so lets just get into the topic shall we?

So, I have recently fallen under the spell amiibo casts that will draw your attention the the point where you can't stay away from them. Ya..now I'm obsessed and think I have to have every amiibo made. When amiibo first released last November I didn't think much about it, it was just another line of things that everyone would have made by Nintendo, however, I was sorely mistaken. Soon the amiibo craze came, I think that started around when the second wave released, immediately almost every amiibo in the second wave became titled as a 'rare' amiibo. At this time I STILL did not pick up on this and I thought, "Nintendo will definitely keep these in stock, I mean look at how they are selling!", my thoughts were exactly the opposite of what actually happened. I have just recently actually understood how rare some of these are, and how badly I think I have to have them all!

Anyway, in March I was shopping at my local Walmart and I wandered into the amiibo section just to see what they had, it was usually nothing but they had something new in stock at that time...it happened to be a Gold Mario amiibo. I saw this and I thought, "That is the stupidest amiibo they will ever come up with.", and I left that soon to be rare amiibo on the shelf at Walmart. It has never been in stock since, and after that day I never seen one of them again. It still haunts me to this day that I didn't pick up that amiibo. Although I am more based on collecting the Smash Bros. line than the other lines but I still wish I would've picked that up when I saw it that day.

Do you have any stories to share about your experiences with amiibo? Reply to the topic and tell me about them! I would love to read them!

Also, I thought I should say that I have currently collected 16 amiibo in the Smash Bros. line, for just getting in to the collecting of them like a month ago, I think thats pretty good!

The Shovel Knight amiibo looks so great, I've been holding out on buying an amiibo until now, but it seems like it's finally going to break me. I hope he's compatible with FE Fates.

So, how many of my unborn children will I have to sacrifice to get my hands on Falco, once he comes out?

Kind of salty that it took THIS LONG for him to be announced, but am relieved that he has been announced!

EDIT: Merge went through! WHEW!

Edited by eclipse

Sept 11th is the day for the new amiibos along with Sept 25th. Will be in time for those. Have to camp for these though since preorders on the Dr.Mario are already out! May have to get another

hCb2kg.jpg

Palutena because she looks perfectly with divine beauty under that gown. :D

Great way to decorate by sitting it on top of your toilet in the bathroom.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

Yay! Will place a pre-order on it now!

DIqxJ9.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

-----

Done! IT IS MINE!

-----

Sorry, for the long absence. Already been playing FE Fates as it is a good game! Play the Nohr path first.

Edited by Princess_Florina

So, how many of my unborn children will I have to sacrifice to get my hands on Falco, once he comes out?

Kind of salty that it took THIS LONG for him to be announced, but am relieved that he has been announced!

Join the club. ,_

Why do people think preorders are done already? Wasn't Target the only one to do any so far? Well, other than GameStop, that is, which was only for the retro 3-pack anyway. You guys still have Walmart, Toys R Us, and Amazon, you know... (I think GameStop said they weren't doing any other preorders)

Edited by Anacybele

Why do people think preorders are done already? Wasn't Target the only one to do any so far? Well, other than GameStop, that is, which was only for the retro 3-pack anyway. You guys still have Walmart, Toys R Us, and Amazon, you know... (I think GameStop said they weren't doing any other preorders)

They did.

The retro pack was up for a good while and is still there even now! :D

Animal Crossing Amiibo cards officially confirmed for US release via American Commercial

Eat cheese on the moon

Edited by Elieson