It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

No online? Ugh. That's sucky, Toys R Us isn't really widespread. There is one here, but I really feel bad for all the people in the US that want Bowser Jr. but don't have a Toys R Us in their town.

I don't know if I can go there myself though, both my parents might be at work all day.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having a bit too much fun.

s1SsONY.jpg

That is friggin' adorable. It makes it look like something out of RWBY.

So... I just bought some amiibos. I really don't have any plans on getting any other than the Fire Emblem ones (because Intelligent Systems is the only company doing anything remotely cool with them outside of smash brothers). I bought all four: Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, and I tried them out on Code Name S.T.E.A.M. on my new 3DS.

Word of caution: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PURCHASE IKE IF ALL YOU WANT IS TO USE HIM IN THIS GAME. And whatever you do, don't import it or buy it from a scalper, for the love of all that is capable of love! He... sucks. royally.

He is objectively the worst character in the entire game to a horrific degree, he's almost a joke. It's almost criminal how bad he is. His main attack does, at best, like 20 damage while everyone else is doing an average of 50, it costs 4 steam (an extremely steep steam cost), and his other attack is a melee attack with knockback (which hikes up the steam cost to use it immensely) and he doesn't have a skill like Marth's to counter the fact that he's bringing a knife to a gunfight. And being an amiibo, you can't switch out his crappy weapons for good ones, or give him a better boiler (the others, ESPECIALLY Robin and Lucina, have attacks and abilities good enough to justify having this disadvantage). In short, he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm honestly horrified that anybody at Intelligent Systems thought that this guy was properly balanced. Maybe somebody on IS's CNS team just hates the Tellius games.

The others are good enough and quite fun to use, particularly Robin and Lucina, who have really cool and useful subweapons (Robin's got a relatively cheap AOE long-range spell that doesn't knockback under any circumstances meaning you can attack multiple targets and they'll still be in the same spots to attack again, and Lucina's Nidhogg is a really steam-cheap and powerful attack once you get the hang of how to aim it.) Marth's got the lowest steam recharge rate in the game at 6, which doesn't really help a guy who's meleelocked, but his ability to totally no-sell all overwatch attacks and make the enemy waste them is really nifty and if you have tin man's team recharger you can make great use of him.

So... I just bought some amiibos. I really don't have any plans on getting any other than the Fire Emblem ones (because Intelligent Systems is the only company doing anything remotely cool with them outside of smash brothers). I bought all four: Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, and I tried them out on Code Name S.T.E.A.M. on my new 3DS.

Word of caution: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PURCHASE IKE IF ALL YOU WANT IS TO USE HIM IN THIS GAME. And whatever you do, don't import it or buy it from a scalper, for the love of all that is capable of love! He... sucks. royally.

He is objectively the worst character in the entire game to a horrific degree, he's almost a joke. It's almost criminal how bad he is. His main attack does, at best, like 20 damage while everyone else is doing an average of 50, it costs 4 steam (an extremely steep steam cost), and his other attack is a melee attack with knockback (which hikes up the steam cost to use it immensely) and he doesn't have a skill like Marth's to counter the fact that he's bringing a knife to a gunfight. And being an amiibo, you can't switch out his crappy weapons for good ones, or give him a better boiler (the others, ESPECIALLY Robin and Lucina, have attacks and abilities good enough to justify having this disadvantage). In short, he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm honestly horrified that anybody at Intelligent Systems thought that this guy was properly balanced. Maybe somebody on IS's CNS team just hates the Tellius games.

The others are good enough and quite fun to use, particularly Robin and Lucina, who have really cool and useful subweapons (Robin's got a relatively cheap AOE long-range spell that doesn't knockback under any circumstances meaning you can attack multiple targets and they'll still be in the same spots to attack again, and Lucina's Nidhogg is a really steam-cheap and powerful attack once you get the hang of how to aim it.) Marth's got the lowest steam recharge rate in the game at 6, which doesn't really help a guy who's meleelocked, but his ability to totally no-sell all overwatch attacks and make the enemy waste them is really nifty and if you have tin man's team recharger you can make great use of him.

This will always be accurate.

LgAFfLG.png

This will always be accurate.

LgAFfLG.png

I deeply resent putting Dorothy in the same tier as Ike. I've heard she apparently sucks, but she at least can get better boilers and a subweapon and can obliterate the hell out of the weak point of a gunner. The why tier should be Ike exclusive.

Also... holy cow, Queequeg is good? I've never used him after his intro because his speech pattern annoyed me and his stupid penguin bombs were way too annoying to use in the level they introduced him, compared to most others where they put the new agent in a perfect opportunity to showcase their talents if said talents are situational.

Edited by Alastor15243

I deeply resent putting Dorothy in the same tier as Ike. I've heard she apparently sucks, but she at least can get better boilers and a subweapon and can obliterate the hell out of the weak point of a gunner. The why tier should be Ike exclusive.

Also... holy cow, Queequeg is good? I've never used him after his intro because his speech pattern annoyed me and his stupid penguin bombs were way too annoying to use in the level they introduced him, compared to most others where they put the new agent in a perfect opportunity to showcase their talents if said talents are situational.

It also factors in multiplayer online since it's all about range. Queequeg has in theory unlimited range so on flat maps, he literally dominates the entire map.

Dorothy is that low because she requires being right in front of an enemy to do any significant damage. Later stages have a lot of enemies that overwatch so it makes it difficult for her to even approach and has to rely on her teammates to apply those pressures.

Edited by kingddd

It also factors in multiplayer online since it's all about range. Queequeg has in theory unlimited range so on flat maps, he literally dominates the entire map.

Dorothy is that low because she requires being right in front of an enemy to do any significant damage. Later stages have a lot of enemies that overwatch so it makes it difficult for her to even approach and has to rely on her teammates to apply those pressures.

Fair enough, though again, subweapons and extra boilers would be enough to put her above Ike even if her primary weapon literally didn't exist.

Honestly I'm really sad about Ike. Marth was underwhelming (though his skill is so immensely satisfying it almost justifies him for that skill alone) but Ike is just atrocious and renders my idea of playing through all of the game with just the fire emblem amiibos to be more of a CHALLENGE run than a fun bonus mode. If I continue with it I'm probably going to relegate him to kicking duty, just pushing the other units ahead with his push skill and maybe taking on crashers and holding back enemy reinforcements.

*Sigh*.

Edited by Alastor15243

Sorry for the double post, but I waited awhile for someone else to make a post and no one did, and I have an important question...

My Dr. Mario Amiibo from Target shipped a couple days ago, but my 8-bit Classic Mario hasn't yet. I ordered them both the same day (August 28th, when both were up for preorder). Should I be worried? :(

Edited by Anacybele

And just when I get back from vacation, I'm told my dad will likely need to use my car on Friday and as such I won't be able to snatch amiibo's in the morning -_- hopefully he doesn't need to use it, or I find some other way to get to Toys R Us and/or Target

Guys, I finally got another amiibo. It's about time that Shulk's not my only one anymore.

Ec7EDbs.jpg

Behold, a wild Ganon appeared!

I already took him out of the box, but he is imported from Japan.

Edited by Kiseki

Ana, only you can decide whether you're worried about this. If it were me though, I'd probably give it a few more days. If by then it doesn't ship, and you're truly worried, you could call / contact Target.

Turns out 3 of the 4 amiibo I really want are available for preorder at Target anyway, so might do that when I get home. Though that does leave the Bowser Jr. Amiibo I still want from TRU.

Also might take advantage of Best Buys offer where if you buy Mario Maker, you get $20 off Splatoon/Sm4sh/MK8

Ana, only you can decide whether you're worried about this. If it were me though, I'd probably give it a few more days. If by then it doesn't ship, and you're truly worried, you could call / contact Target.

Yeah, point taken. I'll wait and see what happens at the 11th.

EDIT: Man, I wish I could use that deal. But I already have Smash and MK8 and I don't want Splatoon...

Edited by Anacybele

At my local GameStop there is this gigantic Ganondorf figurine that's super detailed and really great-looking for sale. It also costs like 130 dollars.

At my local GameStop there is this gigantic Ganondorf figurine that's super detailed and really great-looking for sale. It also costs like 130 dollars.

There's at one my Gamestop, too. I saw it when I went a couple days ago.

I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a Zero Suit Samus amiibo this Friday. Not sure which store I should head to first, though.

There's at one my Gamestop, too. I saw it when I went a couple days ago.

I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a Zero Suit Samus amiibo this Friday. Not sure which store I should head to first, though.

I'm gonna see if I can pick up a ZSS amiibo as well this Friday. Planning on going to Gamestop ASAP (~1 hr. after store opens due to class) since it's the closest place to campus and that it's restricting orders to 1 of any (presumably newly released) amiibo per customer.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/yoshis-woolly-world-amiibo-bundle/125422

Yoshi Wolly World (with green yoshi Amiibo) is available at GameStop.com [Preorder]

Select PickUp at Store for free shipping

*Edit*

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/chibi-robo-zip-lash-amiibo-bundle/125421

Chibo Robo w/ Amiibo bundle is too

Edited by Elieson

Reddit has updated store inventory numbers too (in-store, that is). I'm liking the possible Bowser Jr. numbers for TRU. Though I doubt ours will get over 100. NC seems to be one of the lower inventory areas. :(