It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say both Roy and Robin are the two best looking Fire Emblem amiibo so far, both are incredibly detailed. I have personal bias towards Roy so I'd be inclined to ultimately say he's the better of the two, but Robin's amiibo is so incredibly detailed that I can't ignore it even with my bias. It's a tie for me.

Yeah I'd say Roy and Robin are the best looking ones. Ikes somewhere in the middle followed by Lucina then Marth. They definitely got better over time I think. Makes me excited to see how Corrin will turn out.

Totally understandable, Fire Emblem Fan, I find it hard not to say Ike is the second best-looking because of bias towards him myself. :P

But yeah, I'm excited to see how Corrin looks too, even though I don't actually like the default male Corrin's design. I prefer female Corrin (but with the covered thighs like Smash has...). But I still like Corrin as a character.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd say both Roy and Robin are the two best looking Fire Emblem amiibo so far, both are incredibly detailed. I have personal bias towards Roy so I'd be inclined to ultimately say he's the better of the two, but Robin's amiibo is so incredibly detailed that I can't ignore it even with my bias. It's a tie for me.

This, tho I also think the Lucina amiibo looks pretty good, tho I wish I could get Parallel Falchion to actually stay straight.

Really? Marth always looked way derpier to me than Ike. You just don't like Ike, if I remember right. But since both FEFan and I just mentioned bias, I can't complain. xP

Really? Marth always looked way derpier to me than Ike. You just don't like Ike, if I remember right. But since both FEFan and I just mentioned bias, I can't complain. xP

It has nothing to do with bias. That's how I legitimately feel about the FE amiibo.

Roy easily looks the best of the FE amiibo. I think Robin and Lucina are both tied for second. As for Marth and Ike … all the Ike amiibo I've seen have fish faces. But really bad Marths look … really bad. Not-terrible Marths probably look better than fish face Ike.

It has nothing to do with bias. That's how I legitimately feel about the FE amiibo.

Alright, that's fine then.

As for Marth and Ike … all the Ike amiibo I've seen have fish faces. But really bad Marths look … really bad. Not-terrible Marths probably look better than fish face Ike.

Funny, I feel the complete opposite. That Marth is the one with the fishy-derpy face... I've only seen a few Ikes that look bad and that's only because of bent Ragnell or his eyes/mouth off position. Meanwhile, Marth... Even my reprint one has a bit of a fishy face. That mouth is so weird.

So yeah. Robin > Roy = Ike > Lucina > Marth for me.

Edited by Anacybele

Roy easily looks the best of the FE amiibo. I think Robin and Lucina are both tied for second. As for Marth and Ike … all the Ike amiibo I've seen have fish faces. But really bad Marths look … really bad. Not-terrible Marths probably look better than fish face Ike.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about and own the original Marth and Ike amiibos, not the restock versions of the Marth and Ike amiibos, correct?

I do have the restock versions of those Marth and Ike amiibos and they do look better than the original versions.

I got pretty lucky with all amazing looking amiibo except for Ike. So my set is Roy > Robin > Lucina > Marth > Ike. Which sucks because I do like Ike as a character. If the second run of Ike doesn't have the weird squished in face I'll totally double dip. I somehow never got a bad Marth despite having a first print. Probably helps that he was from Japan.

I took a few pictures of my Ike and Roy. They both look pretty good, but I think Roy edges ahead purely because he has more small details in his design, and the fact that who/whatever painted Roy took a lot more care than who/whatever painted Ike.

http://i.imgur.com/IsdaLcb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/55XrxWL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G7KR5YF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PPob4Xr.jpg

Edited by Raven

I don't remember anything saying that Color Splash would have Amiibo compatibility at all. But it probably will, and only with the Mario characters like Paper Jam.

While Color Splash isn't shaping up to be the return to form that would allow this, I've repeatedly stated my hope that IS will put Fire Emblem amiibo in a paper mario game as optional party members in adorable chibi paper form.

[spoiler=What I picture Paper Lucina looking like]

17translate.jpg?w=818&h=1253

The two middle panels on the left are what I'm picturing paper Lucina's face looking like. Paper fire emblem heroes would look adorable walking behind paper Mario.

Edited by Alastor15243

well every game IS has worked on since amiibo have come out has had amiibo compatibility

but it'll probably be a once a day kind of card

Ike or Lucina gives you Aether

Robing gives an Ignis ability

as for Marth and Roy I wouldn't have a clue

Edited by Captain Karnage

well every game IS has worked on since amiibo have come out has had amiibo compatibility

but it'll probably be a once a day kind of card

Ike or Lucina gives you Aether

Robing gives an Ignis ability

as for Marth and Roy I wouldn't have a clue

The cards are shaping up to be reusable. I don't know if there's any indication that there will be once-a-day cards. Plus, IS usually doesn't require too much continued maintenance with its amiibo functionality, you can usually get away with tapping it, getting the thing, and then being good.

For those that don't know. Nintendo is making official Diorama sets.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/07/nintendos-preparing-kirby-super-smash-bros-amiibo-diorama-kits-japan/

You can get one easily from here. Currently only the Smash Bros and Kirby sets are available.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-018323

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-018322