It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

I didn't know about Greninja or Jigglypuff though.

That's the primary reason why i posted the link and pic, duhhhhhh :D

Wave 5? I still haven't been able to preorder wave 4 :'c

WAVE 4, EXCLUSIVE TO EVERYWHERE NOT CALLED THE USA!
Edited by Sara.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm REALLY hoping the Splatoon amiibo rumor is true. I love the designs of the Inklings and the game itself looks amazing. Both Boy and Girl Squid will be welcome additions to my collection.

Also, who's really feeling it?

x0cCwG4l.jpg

The updated family:

vZLumMEl.jpg

So, guys, there's now a rumor that Splatoon is getting its own Amiibos.

All I can say is...ew. I have zero interest in this game (imo, it looks stupid, and I'm not really into shooters anyway), I was hoping to hear about a Zelda line next to go with Zelda Wii U. But hopefully, this rumor is false.

"I dont like a game, nor ever played it, so i dont want other people to buy merchandise of said game. I have no interest in it, therefore its stupid and gross. I hope the rumor isnt true, despite it being so and that one guy actually posted demand for a Splatoon! amiibo line. But i dont like it or want it, therefore it should not happen."

Honestly, really listen to yourself sometimes. You'd be surprised how awful and insufferable you can come off, even if you arent intentionally being so.

I just realised I want a Jigglypuff amiibo.

You know what? So do i. RIP us.

Elie, /patpat and good luck

Uh, just where did I say ANY of that? You really shouldn't twist people's words so wrongly.

You didn't. Loki is saying (albeit in an exaggerated way) how your post came out to others.

And I actually agree with Loki. I mean, you posted an amiibo rumor about a game you don't care about, yet managed to take a jab at it ("Ew", "It looks stupid") and hope that the rumor is not true for some reason. I mean, so you don't like Splatoon and don't care for the fact it may have its own amiibo line, which is fine. But why wouldn't you want that? Some people are actually excited for Splatoon (Check my avatar), so why would you want to have them denied of something they want? It makes no sense.

All I can say is...ew. I have zero interest in this game (imo, it looks stupid, and I'm not really into shooters anyway),

. But hopefully, this rumor is false.

How is you saying "ew" and "I hope this rumor is false" not saying "I dont like it, therefore it shouldnt happen"?

Because my "ew" comment wasn't meant to be taken in a literal sense. As in, I wasn't literally trying to say the game is gross. That just sounds silly.

Also, what did you expect me to say about a rumor that I don't like? I wanted to voice my simple opinion, that's all. If you guys don't agree with it, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash me for it. I'm not going to lie and say the game looks omg incredible.

You two are interested in the game, I feel it looks like a waste of money. Deal with it.

Jave: "Why wouldn't I want an Amiibo line for Splatoon?" Uh, because I feel there are much better games Nintendo could be using their Amiibo resources for. Why else?

Edited by Anacybele

Because my "ew" comment wasn't meant to be taken in a literal sense. As in, I wasn't literally trying to say the game is gross. That just sounds silly.

Also, what did you expect me to say about a rumor that I don't like? I wanted to voice my simple opinion, that's all. If you guys don't agree with it, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash me for it. I'm not going to lie and say the game looks omg incredible.

You two are interested in the game, I feel it looks like a waste of money. Deal with it.

Jave: "Why wouldn't I want an Amiibo line for Splatoon?" Uh, because I feel there are much better games Nintendo could be using their Amiibo resources for. Why else?

I'm not going to say Splatoon is as high on my list as other games are, but I'm interested in it because it looks ACTUALLY innovative, compared to most shooters that are pretty much the EXACT SAME THING with just a bell or a whistle added in occasionally.

But it does seem that you don't want an Amiibo line for it. I'd like one, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo starts churning out Amiibos for most of their big titles. Smash Bros. and Mario party are good examples, particularly the former since there's so many.

I'm not going to say Splatoon is as high on my list as other games are, but I'm interested in it because it looks ACTUALLY innovative, compared to most shooters that are pretty much the EXACT SAME THING with just a bell or a whistle added in occasionally.

But it does seem that you don't want an Amiibo line for it. I'd like one, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo starts churning out Amiibos for most of their big titles. Smash Bros. and Mario party are good examples, particularly the former since there's so many.

I don't really think it even looks very innovative. The first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer for it was paint ball. It looks extremely similar, only it focuses on covering the area with ink rather than each other. Yet, you can still blast each other with the ink just like in paint ball. So really, this game is just paint ball with a small twist. That's how I look at it, anyway.

But yeah, I don't want an Amiibo line for it, at least not now. As Sara said, the game isn't even out, so they don't know how well it will sell. If it sells like crap, the Amiibos won't earn much money either.

I don't really think it even looks very innovative. The first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer for it was paint ball. It looks extremely similar, only it focuses on covering the area with ink rather than each other. Yet, you can still blast each other with the ink just like in paint ball. So really, this game is just paint ball with a small twist. That's how I look at it, anyway.

Well, you know, you COULD always just not have posted the rumor to begin with. Why try spreading a rumor for game you don't even like, anyway?

So, guys, there's now a rumor that Splatoon is getting its own Amiibos.

All I can say is...ew. I have zero interest in this game (imo, it looks stupid, and I'm not really into shooters anyway), I was hoping to hear about a Zelda line next to go with Zelda Wii U. But hopefully, this rumor is false.

*shrug*

I can't get hyped about any Wii U games. I haven't used mine in like three months since my brother has been hogging it.

He'd say Do I look like I'm on my knees praying? Tell that kid with the funky hair that I'm fine, and I'll build him a house.

Stealing that.

6342a731c5.jpg

Hey guys. Wave 5 courtesy of South Africa features Jigglypuff and Greninja.

http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/03/06/rumor-south-african-retailer-may-have-leaked-part-of-splatoon-wave-5-amiibo/

Skipping that wave.

A cousin of mine will like to hear Jigglypuff is going to be in wave 5.

Welcome to the cycle of constantly mentioning a relative!

I just realised I want a Jigglypuff amiibo.

XD

I might realize the same thing once I see it.

Uh, just where did I say ANY of that? You really shouldn't twist people's words so wrongly.

Gonna TL;DR my two cents on this, you can just ignore things. I say this to everyone, nobody specific. but this is the internet so idk lol

Well, I guess I'm done arguing with Ana. Instead of realizing why her posts are wrong and say she is sorry she'll go out of her way to convince everyone she never did anything wrong, so why bother?

I'm wondering though about the rumor. Maybe the Inkling could be a Smash DLC character and the amiibo is actually part of the Smash Bros. line? Who knows?

I'm wondering though about the rumor. Maybe the Inkling could be a Smash DLC character and the amiibo is actually part of the Smash Bros. line? Who knows?

That would be kind of cool. In fact, it'd kind of be like a Roy thing, where they promote the game through Smash.

Guess what. Im not interested in Splatoon!, Guess what. Im also not interested in peeing in the cheerios of those interested in the game. Guess what. Despite my disinterest in that game, im pretty cool to the idea of it and think if other people are stoked about it, thats awesome. Guess what. I do not take issue with an amiibo line for that game. The more interesting ways to play, the better.

Guess what. You still sound like an entitled prat.

Why are they making amiibo for a game that hasn't even like, been released?

The amiibo likely will see release when the game does. I dont remember when it comes out, but having an adjacent amiibo release with it would be logical. Stir up hype and marketing for the game. Get kids (and Jave) excited about Splatoon! and its characters. Its not a bad idea.

As for a Splatoon! DLC in Smash, wynaut. I can see them developing DLC for it if Splatoon! sells really well. /shrug

As a person who does not have a WiiU and is likely not getting Splatoon, I would definitely think Splatoon DLC in Smash would be a great idea. I also think Splatoon amiibos would be cool and I definitely do not think it's a waste of time and resources.

I don't think this is what you intended to say, Ana, but you're making it sound like things that you personally don't like are objectively a waste of time, and you come off like you're saying that things produced by Nintendo should be catered only to you. As long as SOMEONE wants it to exist, an idea is not a waste of time.

Again, don't think this is what you intend, but when you tell Jave that you don't want a Splatoon DLC because you think that there are better things that Nintendo could be working on, what it comes off like to people is you saying, "Fuck you and everyone else who likes the game, not that I can believe anyone would like the game because my tastes are so much better and it should be the standard. If I don't like it, it shouldn't exist."

Whether or not that's what you actually want to say, that's the message you give. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone said that reprinting Ike amiibos is a massive waste of time and Nintendo should focus their efforts on better things, right? That's basically what you're saying to the people who like Splatoon.

Whether or not that's what you actually want to say, that's the message you give. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone said that reprinting Ike amiibos is a massive waste of time and Nintendo should focus their efforts on better things, right? That's basically what you're saying to the people who like Splatoon.

No, I wouldn't like it, but I also wouldn't go complaining to them and calling them an entitled prat.

Why should people who like Splatoon even care about my opinion? They should just go enjoy the game instead of worrying about people that aren't interested in it.

And I still do not see how I was coming off the way you're describing. I simply said I hope the rumor is false because I'm not interested in Splatoon. Not that I think Nintendo should only cater to me. There's a big difference. People have said a bunch of times that they hope certain Smash rumors were false. I never saw anyone complain about them.

Seriously, why are you all even making such a big deal out of this? It's just causing needless thread derailing. And you know what, I'm sick of this happening, so I'm just done with this conversation. I'm moving on.