Would the game be better if?

UnknownUber

First and Second Gen were split like FE4 and the entire second half is about the 13 children and some Extra/Paralogue First Gen Units (Gangrel, Priam, Anna, Etc)

First and Second Gen were split like FE4 and the entire second half is about the 13 children and some Extra/Paralogue First Gen Units (Gangrel, Priam, Anna, Etc)

Might've had an edgier story, but then it would've been trying to do, storywise, what FE4 did, and I have my doubts they'd be able to pull that off without it seeming like a cheap ripoff.

I like they way they handled the children, though honestly I wish more of the male protagonists had children rather than having their wives' children.

Honestly though, the reason for how black-and-white the story is and how much of a happy ending it has is largely because they were afraid this would be the last game ever, and they wanted it to go out on a happy note if that were the case.

Chrom wanders around deposing monarchs in the name of his homeland and then marching off somewhere else without fully realizing what the implications of doing that are (granted, those implications are different between FE4 and 13 and FE13 does it with no self-awareness, but they still do the same thing), and it's very possible for him to marry a random person who comes out of the blue and unknowingly carries the blood of a Dark Dragon. Personality wise he's sort of a cross between Marth and Ike, but his actions do bear a semblance to Sigurd's (again, completely disregarding motives, outcomes or whether the game wanted to come off that way).

In response to the OP, I don't think so. There's nothing wrong with Awakening's plot at the core- it's the botched worldbuilding, lack of self-awareness and presence of a Mary Sue that drag it down. While it may change the plot to resemble something that's generally remembered fondly, the effect would be the same as taking a bad fanfic writer who writes on some niche show you've never heard of and asking them to write Harry Potter fics instead. It's still bad fanfiction, just now on a subject that's familiar.

Actually, looking at it that way, it would be even worse because you'd have a clearer frame of reference for comparing it to what it could have been.

Even personality wise Chrom is very similar to Sigurd. Not sure where the whole Marth Ike cross comes from. Doesn't Tiki vaguely reference Sigurd ("1000 years before Marth") when describing Chrom? But Lucina ain't got shit on my boy Seliph tho. Actually, Lucy has a few similarities to Seliph, but she's nowhere near as cool.

If Valm arc got cut, then Plegia saga got merged into one which results in the loss of Gen 1 (Grima takes over), which then leads into future past, it could work. Pairings would become very important in game.

Doesn't Tiki vaguely reference Sigurd ("1000 years before Marth") when describing Chrom?

She never even tries to describe Chrom. She does a lot of comparing of Lucina and Avatar to Marth (always by name, so there's no ambiguity), but that's it. Nothing in Par.17, Harvest Scramble or her other supports.

In her support with the avatar, I remember Robin saying "Isn't Chrom the descendant of Marth?" In response to Tiki comparing him to Marth. Tiki then something like he's similar to a man from 1000 years before Marth. I just assumed it was Sigurd.

In her support with the avatar, I remember Robin saying "Isn't Chrom the descendant of Marth?" In response to Tiki comparing him to Marth. Tiki then something like he's similar to a man from 1000 years before Marth. I just assumed it was Sigurd.

I could be wrong, but I thought she was referring to Anri.

But 1000 years prior to Marth, the Falchion was created. However, there isn't really any named human being from Akaneiaa around who could be the person . So they probably just thought Anri was around when the Falchion was created. Wouldn't surprise me, seeing how they got everything else about Akaneia wrong too.

Well, if they did mean the other blue haired Lords I guess it sorta fits the timeline but I don't see how it can be Celice or Sigurd. They are continents apart, so he could hardly be an ancestor. Even if that wasn't the case, Tiki was nowhere around during the time were both of them proved what they were made of. And even if she was, how would she have gotten to know them? Keep in mind, Tiki was specifically stated to only possess 10 years of human memories in Book2, Chapter 14. And given that Xane said about Narga that "Finally, he placed the newly born Chiki into a deep sleep, thus ending the remaining 5000 years of his life", those 10 years probably describe the time after she was woken up by Bantu, which was right prior to her getting kidnapped by Gharnef:

Tiki:

When I awoke I was all alone in the dark room…
I felt so strange, but also very scared…

But I couldn’t leave that room.
I cried many times, and then Uncle Banutu would come to comfort me as usual.
One day he took me away, and took me to a human village.
Living in that village was very fun, and everybody treated me well…
In the short time, until I was discovered by Garnef, I felt really happy.

Edited by BrightBow

Source?

I will try to prove this

For one thing, look at this:

http://serenesforest.net/general/designers-notes/holy-war/playing-guide/

Q: Is there any relationship with the continent of Akaneia from the previous game?

A: Yes. In terms of eras, the era of Genealogy of the Holy War occurs long before the continent of Akaneia. Jugdral was an advanced country, whereas Akaneia barely held any level of civilisation. At this time, the dragon tribes of Akaneia were deciding on how to handle the human race. The Divine Dragon tribe and the Earth Dragon tribe divided into two opposing sides, the same Earth Dragon tribe appearing in Genealogy of the Holy War.

However, the Earth Dragon tribe, who considered humans to be common insects, openly opposed the Dragon King’s decision and launched an attack with the aim to exterminate the humans.To prevent this move, Narga started a great war, recorded in the holy scriptures of Akaneia as the “Guardian God Narga’s War”. In Genealogy of the Holy War, the ambitious Bishop Galle believed the legend that “drinking the blood of the ancient dragons grants one tremendous power and eternal life” and traveled around the world, finally arriving at the continent of Akaneia. He met with one of the Earth Dragons, Loputousu, who allowed him to form a blood pact.

Now take a look at parts of the timeline of Akaneia:

http://serenesforest.net/general/timelines/

-740 (Meaning this is 740 years prior to the foundation of the Kingdom of Akaneia.)

– The Earth Dragon tribe, which became wild, attacks mankind.

– Mankind is on the verge of destruction.

– The King of the Divine Dragon tribe, Naga, opposes this, and protects mankind.

So this is when the war mentioned above started. So Galle have meet Loptu somewhere around this time.

Also some other relevant dates for future reference:

First Akaneia:

– Naga seals the sword and the holy jewels’ shield carved from his own fang, at the Fane of Raman, and dies at Thabes.

And in Jugdral:

First year of the Akaneian calendar

– The Holy Kingdom of Akaneia is founded.

– Dragons that have lost their powers, Manaketes, are despised by people, and live poorly in a remote region of the earth.

+602

– Despite having the upper hand in battle, Altea’s army is defeated due to the betrayal of its sworn ally, the Kingdom of Gra.

– The Kingdom of Altea is overrun by the Empire’s troops and falls.

Now the Jugdral calender:

– The Dark God enters the Great Bishop Galle

– Formation of the Loputo Cult

– Galle becomes Emperor of the Loputo Empire

– Miracle of Darna

– The gods descend and grant power to twelve fighters

– Birth of the Twelve Crusaders

– Grandbell army’s expedition to Isaac

So as seen in the designer notes, the mess in Jugdral must have started during the war between the Divine Dragons and the Earth Dragons, meaning 440 on the Jugdral calender Jugdral is something between -740 to -500 over in Akaneia.

Now Narga died at -500 Akaneia and the Earth Dragons were sealed. And she was still present during the miracle, which was 192 years after Galle meet with Loptu. So in order for Narga to have enough time for that, Galle must have meet Loptu no later as -692 Akaneia time. So we can actually narrow it down to -740 to -692. So let's just say that -700 years in Akaneia equals the year 440 in Jugdral.

Around 300 years after the Galle founded the sect, the story of FE4 starts. So that would be something like -400 in Akaneia. Altea fell in +602. So Sigurd and Celice did indeed live something like 1000 years prior to Marth. My math is probably off but it should be close enough so that Awakening Tiki could have referred to them.

However, Tiki still couldn't possibly have meet Sigurd or Celice.

Between the start of Narga's war in Akaneia and her death were 240 years. As established, Galle must have meet Loptu during this time. However, Grandbell's attack on Isaac started over 300 years after Galle joined with Loptu. This means that Narga was definitely already dead during that time and by extension this means that Tiki was already put to sleep and wouldn't wake up until a few years prior to FE1.

Granted, I find it hard to believe that both my logic and my calculations are correct and that I managed to express this all properly. So sorry if I have bitten off more then I can chew.and reading this ends up being a total waste of time for you.

Edited by BrightBow