Valkyria Chronicles PC Port Confirmed

IGdood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes! I cant wait! I dont have PS3 so I couldn't play the game but now I can! Yay!

I know a bunch of people who are in the same situation as you.

They will use Japan voice and English dub....right? Right? Right!????

If it's a direct port, it will have both sets of voice acting.

It better has both, partly because I found the dub VA in VC2 to be horrid, and their VA list has at least more dub VAs I actually like than VC1s...

You DO know that someone hacked an UNDUB for VC2 for the PSP, right?

It better has both, partly because I found the dub VA in VC2 to be horrid, and their VA list has at least more dub VAs I actually like than VC1s...

I don't know if VC2 quality dropped off a cliff, but VC1's VAing was great - the dub is just as good as the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's available for download now. I'd highly recommend shunting down the resolution a step for performance's sake, and, well... using a controller. If it has a weird as fuck control layout for your controller, just use something like x360ce to make it. Function.

So far it seems like a solid port, for sure.

Yeah, there's an option for that but it didn't seem to cover, like, menu options. Which was inconvenient when it thought 'start' was 'click right analog stick'.

Should've preloaded~ option was there since Saturday.

TBF I don't think it actually said it was available anywhere - I stumbled across it on Sunday by chance.

Incidentally my first impressions of this game are that it is pretty fucking fantastic. Company of Heroes but anime as fuck and yet still somehow appealing. How the hell does that even work.

Edited by Parrhesia

The PC port - for those familiar with the PS3 version - is great. Yeah, the cutscenes run at 720p; big deal. Everything else, including the DLC, is there.

"Anime as fuck" is a very apt description, though. It's the cheeriest description of war I've seen since Cannon Fodder.

The PC port - for those familiar with the PS3 version - is great. Yeah, the cutscenes run at 720p; big deal. Everything else, including the DLC, is there.

"Anime as fuck" is a very apt description, though. It's the cheeriest description of war I've seen since Cannon Fodder.

Clearly you have not played Advanced War.

Or Gadget Trial.

Oh, and Parr, Glad you like it. ^_^

Should've preloaded~ option was there since Saturday.

TBF I don't think it actually said it was available anywhere - I stumbled across it on Sunday by chance.

Incidentally my first impressions of this game are that it is pretty fucking fantastic. Company of Heroes but anime as fuck and yet still somehow appealing. How the hell does that even work.

It's kinda Fire Emblem the Action Tactic for me but yeah, this game is a blast. I hope they keep the current trend and port everything to PC.

*Praying for Idolmaster to make it to PC*

I will probably get this if it goes if steam sale.

You might be waiting awhile, as this has "blown away" Sega's sales expectations.

(I don't know what they expected - are their speculators in a time loop from 2006? - but whatever. #1 game on Steam probably isn't going below 10% off for awhile)