what does your favorite fire emblem say about you?

If you don't have a particular attachment to Archanean characters and in particular Marth prior to playing FE12, Chris isn't really that offensive. It's just really frustrating when you have the prior fondness though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even just the level design of Thracia 776 that encapsulates its genius: it's the fatigue-HP system, the Capture-Build system, the 20-cap for stats that levels the playing field for combat against units in the endgame as well as bolster stat boosters and provides a greater incentive to promote before level 20, the personal weapons/skills that allow a character's objective strategic worth to be more than just their growths, and the "turn-the-series'-tropes-on-their-heads" plot that pits Leif in losing battles as well as winning ones and, in effect, grounds a "boy vs. empire" story more realistically than any I've seen in the series.

lrn2FE5fan

To put it in the nicest way possible... It's because he shits all over Marth's character development and the story shoehorned him in. It's hard to enjoy the plot when Marth keeps thanking him at every turn. Not to mention he isn't even a good self insert since he is such a dunce and every other line is "I must protect and serve milord!".

And to put it in not the nicest way possible, the character's basically a living, breathing, walking, and talking Gary Stu/Mary Sue fanfic character wannabe who's instantly recognized by Marth and put into his Honor Guard above, you know, the already existing Altean knights who aided him in destroying Medeus. His rise to Marth's attention is not a gradual one, rising and rising higher and higher until he's recognized as a master tactician, no, he/she's pretty much besties with Marth after the story dictates you defend him from an assassination attempt. The only thing not making this character completely awash in fanfiction territory is if the story didn't write Caeda out to make room for a romance option if you chose a Female avatar. The unit gets growths that, in conjunction with Marth's inexplicably boosted growths, trivialize using almost every other unit in the game, as opposed to perhaps letting your unit's growths rise over the course of the game to not only add replay value to either letting your unit's growth be a slow, yet steady one, or Est-like in the mid-to-endgame, or as a much easier to implement alternative, toning the growths down.

I have to admit that I was really pissed off when I discovered that Areone wasn't recruitable(too bad,he was cool),but I was really pissed off too when I discovered that Swanchika wasn't obtinable(let's face it.It will be really heavy,but that sweet +20 to Def/Res makes it worth it)

Also,I laughed way too hard when I saw the FE13 one.I should really show that to my friend :p

Pretty funny. Although not too accurate for me I wasn't particularly fond of Micaiah (spelling?) and I just enjoyed the game it was lengthy, challenging, battle save was a godsend (unless you played on the highest difficulty), and the variety of missions and goals was what made it for me.

I have to admit that I was really pissed off when I discovered that Areone wasn't recruitable(too bad,he was cool),but I was really pissed off too when I discovered that Swanchika wasn't obtinable(let's face it.It will be really heavy,but that sweet +20 to Def/Res makes it worth it)Also,I laughed way too hard when I saw the FE13 one.I should really show that to my friend :p

If Helswath was a thing it would probably end up being the worst Holy Weapon, lol. That weight is no joke. You'd have been better off throwing Holsety at whatever you would need Helswath for.

If Helswath was a thing it would probably end up being the worst Holy Weapon, lol. That weight is no joke. You'd have been better off throwing Holsety at whatever you would need Helswath for.

Burian was the only one who could wield it in the game, anyways. Unless they decided to bump Lex up to major Nier.

Burian was the only one who could wield it in the game, anyways. Unless they decided to bump Lex up to major Nier.

Yeah that's true. A part of me wishes Lex was Major Neir and you get Helswath for him when you beat Langobart in C5. It would make Lex!Corple more hilariously tanky.

I dont fight for my friends I slaughter them like the cattle they are

I never had any problems with micaiah she isnt any where close to my favorite lord but I still use her in the endgame

• 3 weeks later...

I have no real "favorite" FE game, but I really like FE12 and 13

I'm kind of a mix of a little bit of FE8 and FE7 (Ephraim and Hector are my favorite Lords, and I like the fact that Nino is recruitable in Battle Before Dawn, but hate that you have to guard ZEPHIEL (antagonist of FE6) and the fact that you don't start out near Zephiel, so the chapter is brutally difficult unless you give Pent that Rescue staff from one of the chests.

Edited by Mastergabe2000

If you don't have a particular attachment to Archanean characters and in particular Marth prior to playing FE12, Chris isn't really that offensive. It's just really frustrating when you have the prior fondness though.

I was very fond of Marth prior to playing FE12 (Marth secondary in Smash, liked him in Shadow Dragon though not as a unit of course) and I didn't find Kris that offensive at all.

The FE12 avatar thing this says would fit me more in FE13 but I have made some almost avatar-less playthroughs in FE12 too. The est-abel thing im indifferent about, same as Belf. While I do like Micaiah, RD also doesnt fit me because I rarely get into discussions pertaining to her. Also my waifu isnt 2-E :/. They're pretty funny though.

Seems to be out by 12 main series games.

Though a lot of these seem a bit weird, would liking FE6 most specifically tell people that you despair thieves not promoting and Roy promoting so late? I'm pretty sure that applies to most who play it. Additionally I'm sure people like Shadow Dragon for the differences and advancements to FE1 and the overall mechanics(weapon triangle) not the similarities of how it was recreated.

Edited by arvilino