Majoras Mask 3D announced!

Ishi

You should definitely get it, though my opinion is obviosuly biased because of nostalgia. My family has had this game since I was born so it's one of the ones I grew up with

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me though, I felt that MM was too sidequest heavy and had a terrible overworld and dungeons (aside from Ikana Canyon as I previously stated). I didn't like the three day time system either. And it only has four dungeons, which is way too few, imo. The character development and how much stuff is hidden throughout Termina is nice though.

There technically are five dungeons, if you count the last area. Of course, that's if you got all of the masks like I did. As for the main four dungeons, four is just fine for this game, especially when you take into account that the first dungeon in the game is essentially as long and challenging as the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time.

Contrary to Ana's post above, I believe that MM has overall the best overworld and dungeon design in the series. Dungeon wise there is kind of a difficulty spike in between the first and second dungeons, but the design is still good. The overworld is a bit streamlined, but there's still a lot to explore. The lower amount of dungeons is a bit of a let down, but they are of high quality.

I gotta say 100% agree.

There technically are five dungeons, if you count the last area. Of course, that's if you got all of the masks like I did. As for the main four dungeons, four is just fine for this game, especially when you take into account that the first dungeon in the game is essentially as long and challenging as the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time.

Well, I don't count the last area since it doesn't feel like a traditional Zelda dungeon.

tumblr_m3lidiksMQ1qhheex.gif

OPERATION FUCKIN' MOONFALL IS SUCCESS! All of the blood, sweat, and tears...IM SO PROUD I CAN BURST INTO LITTLE PIECES OF MISCHIEF!

Not only that, my niece can experience this game. This game. As a budding Zelda fan, she will want it. I will get it for her. We will play it together.

Kermit_yay.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaa its like a dream!

Hey Ana, for once, can you like, not pee in people's cheerios? That would be nice.

1. This is great, and all. Still doesn't change my opinion that Nintendo should've hired those guys that made that Wii U version proof of concept video and made this thing from the ground up.

The character/location models don't look nearly as good as OoT3DS. I don't know, maybe it's me, maybe this stuff isn't the finished product yet, but I can't shake the feeling this doesn't look like it got nearly as much visual love as OoT3DS.

I'm sad that Robin Williams can't play this remake, and now you are, too.

Still gonna buy it

I am so happy that this thing's still gonna run in 60FPS

Goht battle, as a result, is going to look amazing

Majora's Mask 3D is truly looking awesome, but I just can't wrap my head around the whole 72-Hour thing. For those who've played this already: Is it all that bad, or is it just in my head?

I can't even say how long it took me to beat OoT 3D, just because I've been wandering around aimlessly, shooting at Epona, and diving in the water at the Zora Kingdom place. That was one of my favorite Zelda's, right behind Twilight Princess, my very first Zelda game (which explains why I think Blonde Zelda is ugly).

Majora's Mask 3D is truly looking awesome, but I just can't wrap my head around the whole 72-Hour thing. For those who've played this already: Is it all that bad, or is it just in my head?

I can't even say how long it took me to beat OoT 3D, just because I've been wandering around aimlessly, shooting at Epona, and diving in the water at the Zora Kingdom place. That was one of my favorite Zelda's, right behind Twilight Princess, my very first Zelda game (which explains why I think Blonde Zelda is ugly).

The time thing is no big deal cuz you can slow it down. Play the Song of Time backwards and it slows the time down to a crawl where you'll have plenty of time to do junk in one 3-day cycle. For like, to get all the masks, it takes me maybe 3 cycles. (thats doing all the dungeons and junk too) /shrug

You can skip time by playing the Song of Time a certain way. The game tells you how to do this. (Song of Double Time)

I think you'll really enjoy this game if you approach it with the mind that it is not following Zelda Formula. (thats the get three macguffins, plot bomb, collect more macguffins, endgame)

The 72-hour thing is a little misleading. You get a game over if the time runs out, but you're resetting the timer constantly. Beating the game in one cycle is literally impossible, and important things you do in one cycle carry over to the next,

Not only that, my niece can experience this game. This game. As a budding Zelda fan, she will want it. I will get it for her. We will play it together.

That's so nice of you to get that for your niece. This game can be freaky to young children though so be warned

One of the reasons I didn't like the three day time limit is that it makes saving your game kind of annoying. The only way you can save is by either playing the Song of Time to reset the three days or by using one of the owl statues scattered across Termina. By doing the former, you actually can LOSE some progress that you've made rather than saving it because you're resetting time. And if you use an owl statue, it's not even a permanent save. Think suspend data in FE: Path of Radiance. It saves, but then deletes the save data once you reload the file. If you have to save again in the middle of something, you're forced to backtrack all the way back to an owl statue to save it again (since playing the Song of Time will make you lose almost everything) and you'd have to kind of start over anyway.

That's so nice of you to get that for your niece. This game can be freaky to young children though so be warned

Shes 10 and doesnt scare easily. First time she met a ReDead in OoT3DS was not "Uagh its scary halp!" It was "....how do i kill it? It keeps eating my head."

She'll be fine.

One of the reasons I didn't like the three day time limit is that it makes saving your game kind of annoying. The only way you can save is by either playing the Song of Time to reset the three days or by using one of the owl statues scattered across Termina. By doing the former, you actually can LOSE some progress that you've made rather than saving it because you're resetting time. And if you use an owl statue, it's not even a permanent save. Think suspend data in FE: Path of Radiance. It saves, but then deletes the save data once you reload the file. If you have to save again in the middle of something, you're forced to backtrack all the way back to an owl statue to save it again (since playing the Song of Time will make you lose almost everything) and you'd have to kind of start over anyway.

That is quite a reasonable gripe, but I think the minor gameplay annoyance the 3 day cycle causes is well worth the expansion it allows for the world of termina with each NPC's on going schedules, and what happens in their lives as well. It makes for a more immersing world, and on the N64 this was the only way they could make a world that feels alive.