Majoras Mask 3D announced!

Ishi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night of the First Day

Now I would just wish to know how many hours until release remain.

If there isn't some kind of countdown during the last three days before release, I'll be sorely disappointed.

I loved Ikana Canyon in the original game, but other than a few little things, it was the only thing in the game that appealed to me. So I'm disappointed that this was announced instead of a Four Sword title or something. I'm tired of Zelda remakes. A Link Between Worlds was new, but even it still played heavily off of ALttP. I love the game, but it wasn't really fresh like Zelda Wii U is looking. I'm dying for something more fresh or some more love for those poor under-appreciated Four Sword Zelda games. Sure, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures weren't exactly top sellers. But Minish Cap did pretty well and Nintendo saw fit to release an anniversary edition of Four Swords for the 3DS. So why not an entirely new game? The 3DS would be perfect for it. Hell, so would the Wii U due to the Gamepad, in fact. But we already got a little peek at Zelda Wii U and it doesn't look Four Sword-ish, so yeah.

It makes sense, I wished this was announced before I played MM for the first time recently. I wish Zelda remakes were a bit more like Pokemon remakes.

I loved Ikana Canyon in the original game, but other than a few little things, it was the only thing in the game that appealed to me. So I'm disappointed that this was announced instead of a Four Sword title or something. I'm tired of Zelda remakes. A Link Between Worlds was new, but even it still played heavily off of ALttP. I love the game, but it wasn't really fresh like Zelda Wii U is looking. I'm dying for something more fresh or some more love for those poor under-appreciated Four Sword Zelda games. Sure, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures weren't exactly top sellers. But Minish Cap did pretty well and Nintendo saw fit to release an anniversary edition of Four Swords for the 3DS. So why not an entirely new game? The 3DS would be perfect for it. Hell, so would the Wii U due to the Gamepad, in fact. But we already got a little peek at Zelda Wii U and it doesn't look Four Sword-ish, so yeah.

It just makes sense to release Majora's Mask on the 3ds though. They can re-use assets from OOT 3ds just like back in the days of the N64. Besides, people appreciate Majora's Mask nowadays so in my opinion it's honestly the best move.

It just makes sense to release Majora's Mask on the 3ds though. They can re-use assets from OOT 3ds just like back in the days of the N64. Besides, people appreciate Majora's Mask nowadays so in my opinion it's honestly the best move.

I never said it didn't make sense. I knew that this was coming eventually. I just didn't think it would be this soon since Ocarina of Time 3D and Wind Waker HD are still very recent. In like the past two to three years, we've now got three Zelda remakes with only one original in any way. Four if you count the anniversary Four Swords.

Edited by Anacybele

I never said it didn't make sense. I knew that this was coming eventually. I just didn't think it would be this soon since Ocarina of Time 3D and Wind Waker HD are still very recent. In like the past two to three years, we've now got three Zelda remakes with only one original in any way. Four if you count the anniversary Four Swords.

Well development of a Zelda game can take ages, so they probably just want to satisfy us with remakes of some of the best games in the franchise while we wait for the new game.

Edited by Monado Boy

Well development of a Zelda game can take ages, so they probably just want to satisfy us with remakes of some of the best games in the franchise while we wait for the new game.

Yeah, well, imo, I don't find these remakes to be of some of the best Zelda titles. I did always like OoT, but not nearly as much as some other titles, and I did find TWW HD to be an improvement over the original. But I still hated both TWW and MM overall. And OoT just ranks midway in my Zelda list.

So I'm pretty dissatisfied aside from A Link Between Worlds (amazing sequel to ALttP, an actual awesome Zelda). I did get the Four Swords anniversary edition, but I got totally stuck in it. I really need to look up the answer to my problem. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I'm thinking of getting this, but I really don't know. It might be interesting, I've never played the original.

And OoT 3D was extremely satisfying, so who knows? Though it seems like the general idea in this thread is that MM3D will be amazing, so I'll give it some thought xD.

If you like sidequests, a lot of character development, tons of hidden knick-knacks, don't mind a timed system, and the overworld, you'll love it.

Me though, I felt that MM was too sidequest heavy and had a terrible overworld and dungeons (aside from Ikana Canyon as I previously stated). I didn't like the three day time system either. And it only has four dungeons, which is way too few, imo. The character development and how much stuff is hidden throughout Termina is nice though.

Edited by Anacybele

Contrary to Ana's post above, I believe that MM has overall the best overworld and dungeon design in the series. Dungeon wise there is kind of a difficulty spike in between the first and second dungeons, but the design is still good. The overworld is a bit streamlined, but there's still a lot to explore. The lower amount of dungeons is a bit of a let down, but they are of high quality.

Edited by Monado Boy