Majoras Mask 3D announced!

Ishi

Kon said "these great games" so why am I not allowed to convey my own opinion in the same way?

He also backed it up with ratings. It isn't that you're not allowed to state your opinion, it's that the way in which you do always has to be such a provocative one.

But really, this is just you and I don't think anyone is really surprised anymore.

Well, I've seen other people say similar comments to mine on things, but they never get called out for it. Well, unless I call them out myself, but since it seems that they're allowed, I asked myself why shouldn't I be allowed then? But fine, I guess I'll just keep my opinions to myself while others let theirs run free.

That would be great, thanks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, saying something is terrible is not a problem separately, but coming into a general positive thread (which this one clearly is) and make drive-by posts stating something is terrible is perceived as flamebait, which is completely uncalled for.

It ruins the mood of the thread and makes the person who said it look like a troll.

That would be great, thanks.

So it's okay for other people to be "provocative" but not me? Wow, very nice.

The way I see it, saying something is terrible is not a problem separately, but coming into a general positive thread (which this one clearly is) and make drive-by posts stating something is terrible is perceived as flamebait, which is completely uncalled for.

It ruins the mood of the thread and makes the person who said it look like a troll.

Well then, other people who do the same thing need to be called out for it. Not just me. That's why I did it, because I thought it was okay.

Edited by Anacybele

So it's okay for other people to be "provocative" but not me? Wow, very nice.

Well then, other people who do the same thing need to be called out for it. Not just me. That's why I did it, because I thought it was okay.

Wow, seriously? Who the hell else is being provocative here? And the problem isn't even so much that you're being provocative here, it's that you're always being provocative. Why the hell are you even posting here? You didn't like this game, so why couldn't you just ignore the topic? Is "stating your opinion" really so important that you have to do so when you know (or should know) that it's not going to be well-received?

This shit seems to always start when you're posting somewhere, so you know what? New rule. Don't post in this topic anymore. Yes, I am serious. I am telling you now, as a mod, to not post in this topic anymore. Enough shit storms happen because of you and I'm going to at least do my best to prevent this one from going any further. If you have a problem, send me a PM (and any other staff members if you think I'm abusing power or something, so they can weight in with their opinion).

I personally like the clock over the time meter. It's more visually appealing to me. However, I find the time meter to be much more convenient than the clock, much like digital clocks compared to analog clocks.

Wait, were do you find good footage from the new time meter?

Anyway, I am rather skeptic about whether this digital clock can express the merciless progress of time just as well as the slow but steady moving clock hands of the original. I guess I'll just have to see it in motion.

Edited by BrightBow

I am pretty happy about Majora's Mask being remade. I never did grow up with it, but I beat it twice in two weeks back in '11, so I was pretty happy. And that was the first time playing it through. 100%, no less. Quite amazing, really. I do hope there's a Master Quest version. Or at least the world gets flipped in Hero Mode.

Edit: Oh, and next year will be the fifteenth anniversary of Majora's Mask, so this is pretty much perfect!

Edited by Dai

That's so nice of you to get that for your niece. This game can be freaky to young children though so be warned

I played OoT when I was 8 and my brother was 6 and we never were freaked out by the bottom of the well and Shadow temple (even though I'm surprised looking back since reDeads and dead hands are legitimately disturbing)

In the direct part of the video heres a pic.

While this new timebar gives you the time more clearly, I think I prefer the Clock the original had. Seeing the sun/moon move slowly on the clock is something I really liked about the original.

I played OoT when I was 8 and my brother was 6 and we never were freaked out by the bottom of the well and Shadow temple (even though I'm surprised looking back since reDeads and dead hands are legitimately disturbing)

MM scared me more than oot did when I was young, and I can specifically remember the parts that were scary. I was like toddler status so I guess it's to be expected

MM scared me more than oot did when I was young, and I can specifically remember the parts that were scary. I was like toddler status so I guess it's to be expected

MM didn't scare me, but the Great Bay temple was too confusing for my younger self. I stopped playing the game for years after getting stuck there before picking it up again later.

Majora's Mask never really outright scared me, even as a kid, but the whole game was always pretty creepy to me. Really, though, that says a lot about the kind of atmosphere that it's able to accomplish.

Romani Ranch invasion by Them is still kinda like wtf. Collywobbles, thy name is Them! Pamela's dad jumping out of that closet made me jump a mile too. I was like "well played, Nintendo."

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Romani Ranch invasion by Them is still kinda like wtf. Collywobbles, thy name is Them! Pamela's dad jumping out of that closet made me jump a mile too. I was like "well played, Nintendo."

I did the Ranch invasion, and ahg, I was like quivering from fear that I'd lose the quest although the music and designs DID NOT HELP.

That would indeed be great but I don't think that this an realistic expectation, given that there isn't the tiniest bit of gold on it. At best it will probably still get an ugly gold filter like the Wind Waker HD box.

I know that NOA likes to make Zelda box art gold colored, but that would be unfitting for a game like Majora's Mask. I believe NA will get the same box art. It's really good.

Anyway, I am rather skeptic about whether this digital clock can express the merciless progress of time just as well as the slow but steady moving clock hands of the original. I guess I'll just have to see it in motion.

As for the new clock design, I think it combines the clarity of a digital clock with the elegance of the analog original. Many elements are intact, such as the days being color coded and using a sun/moon icon depending on whether it's day/night. It also shows all three days at once, creating a distinct spectrum. On one side, the beginning of the quest, on the other, the end of the world as we know it. And you will always see the marker, slowly but surely creeping toward the right side.

Also, has anyone noticed the moon looks a bit different?

Pause this video at around 0:17 to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRdC9FG0qJ8

The face is scarier, but the moon itself it is less round and thus less moon-like. In order to make the moon as creepy as possible, it is necessary to achieve a perfect balance of moon-like and scary-face-like. I believe this redesign is from Hyrule Warriors.

In the direct part of the video heres a pic.

Thanks a lot.

I only saw the trailer so the only thing I had to go by was a single frame before the textbox of Anju's grandmom shows up.

The face is scarier, but the moon itself it is less round and thus less moon-like. In order to make the moon as creepy as possible, it is necessary to achieve a perfect balance of moon-like and scary-face-like. I believe this redesign is from Hyrule Warriors.

Or Hyrule Warriors got it from this game. Whatever the case, I would say it's definitely the same design. At 0:42 there is a moment were it can be seen it from the same angel as in the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7114NahaE#t=42

Edited by BrightBow