Types of characters you would like to see

Dragoncat

Villains with some actual complexity like Arvis and Trabant, a Jeigan/Oifey who betrays you, a knight who's a complete asshole, and a pirate character like Nedata.

EDIT: I'd also like a character like Raquel from Tearring Saga who is powerful but cannot deal killing blows.

Orson fits that criteria quite well. Though I take it you'd like to see the character around for a while longer.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A betrayal that isn't completely obvious yeah. Zeke from Tearring Saga is sort of like that too but his story isn't written very well.

You thought Orson's betrayal was obvious? It's been a while since I've played the Sacred Stones but the only thin I remember being strange was that they gave us two paladins. He didn't really stick around long enough to make it obvious as far as I can remember.

You thought Orson's betrayal was obvious? It's been a while since I've played the Sacred Stones but the only thin I remember being strange was that they gave us two paladins. He didn't really stick around long enough to make it obvious as far as I can remember.

Not at the start but when it was like "there's a TRAITOR in Ephraim's army" it's pretty obvious considering his sunken eyes and vastly better stats.

an Avatar Lord would be better than an Avatar that isn't the Lord but ends up being the protagonist through sheer Mary Sueing anyway

an Avatar Lord would be better than an Avatar that isn't the Lord but ends up being the protagonist through sheer Mary Sueing anyway

true, true, very true

hmm

needs more older people as lord characters

also needs more male manatekes also.

This isn't exactly a character, but I would like to see a big empire that isn't the obvious bad guy for once. Like Rome vs. the Celts and Germans, the empire is safe and secure behind its fortified borders but has no strong desire to expand any further. The real conflict would be internal, with high-minded idealists trying to establish peace with the barbarians to save on military expenditures while the more conservative militarists want to conquer them to forever solve the problem. Throughout the game you could make decisions that would influence both mission variety and your standing with either party. Eventually you would have to choose sides in a civil war. Crafting a main character for this situation would be interesting, I do think.

This isn't exactly a character, but I would like to see a big empire that isn't the obvious bad guy for once. Like Rome vs. the Celts and Germans, the empire is safe and secure behind its fortified borders but has no strong desire to expand any further. The real conflict would be internal, with high-minded idealists trying to establish peace with the barbarians to save on military expenditures while the more conservative militarists want to conquer them to forever solve the problem. Throughout the game you could make decisions that would influence both mission variety and your standing with either party. Eventually you would have to choose sides in a civil war. Crafting a main character for this situation would be interesting, I do think.

Nice! I'd like that.

But I think being able to choose what side you're on is better suited for other franchises. FE hasn't done it and hasn't shown any sign of changing that.

But I think being able to choose what side you're on is better suited for other franchises. FE hasn't done it and hasn't shown any sign of changing that.

You have a point. Unfortunately I can't figure out how else to make that plot work without player choice, lest the game appear to overtly promote one side over the other. Perhaps the poor could get tired of heavy taxation to pay for the defensive military and revolt, allowing the game to start without fighting stereotypical bandits and introducing the player to a gray morality system. Widespread unrest of many kinds would follow throughout the empire and you would have to crush both embittered poor and dissatisfied generals who feel the government should be destroying the barbarians, enough variety to make anyone feel at least a little guilty. Eventually the barbarians themselves storm the border and the player is faced with a climactic battle to preserve the empire, which after a close victory is facing severe internal dissent as the game ends, leaving room for a sequel. The lord of the story could start as a loyal soldier who becomes increasingly unsure what he's fighting for, eventually coming to a decision.

A badass cleric who has a kind demeanour but a secret side.

Robin: Oh wow Lissa! You're so awesome! Marry me?

Lissa: Sure!

*two weeks later*

Robin: OH GOD LISSA! STOP WITH THE RIDING CROP! Wait... Wait... Lissa, what are you doing with that lance shaft.

Lissa: Don't worry Robin-dear. I'm a cleric so you'll be allll fine tomorrow morning!

Robin: Oh wow Lissa! You're so awesome! Marry me?

Lissa: Sure!

*two weeks later*

Robin: OH GOD LISSA! STOP WITH THE RIDING CROP! Wait... Wait... Lissa, what are you doing with that lance shaft.

Lissa: Don't worry Robin-dear. I'm a cleric so you'll be allll fine tomorrow morning!

LOL oh god...disturbing mental image is disturbing.

And not all dark magic users are evil or batshit crazy. Canas says hi.

A theif who would rather fight recklessly than scout the area or open chests and doors. The problem is he or she can't fight well.

A healer who always tries to hurt the enemies instead of healing his or her allies. The problem is he or she can't fight.

An archer who always gets too close to shoot or is to slow to have enough time to shoot before the enemy draws near.

A general who is afraid of taking hits regardless of his high defense.

An archer who is so using to melee weapons that he always attacks with the bow and not the arrows.

A character who used to be skilled with a lance, sword, bow, or axe, but had to switch to magic because of a past injury on his hands or arms where.

A character with a mental disability.

A character with a physical disability.

Alright guys, this is a good one. How about...

...A character who is causing the destruction of nations or something the main protagonist dislikes. Maybe she has the power to summon dragons or something. No wait, she is causing the complete destruction of the world, the apocalypse. Nations crumble, floods, earthquakes, revolutions, storms. She is the main protagonists childhood friend or sibling. Main protagonist has an extremely close bond with the character. Remember how in Rekka no Ken Nergal needed Ninian and Nils to open the dragon gate to destroy the world? This time instead of being forced to destroy the world by an evil character, this person is unknowingly causing destruction or harm just by being alive. She is not being manipulated or forced to do this. She does not wish to harm others and is known throughout the kingdom for her good deeds such as ending the war, rebuilding villages, and fighting along side her comrades. She is also the queen. Eventually everyone finds out about her ability and this leads to the main protagonist to have to decide to kill her, saving the world or run away with her to wait out the end.

An insane healer who hurts THEIR OWN allies because they find too much joy in healing people

I'm reminded of that comic where Serra wouldn't cure Erk's poison and kept just using the heal staff...bit different but meh.

I'm reminded of that comic where Serra wouldn't cure Erk's poison and kept just using the heal staff...bit different but meh.

Yeah. The not curing poison thing would happen to me a lot because I either did not have a Recover staff or I didn't have a spare antitoxin