SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

18b. I was getting at the ramifications of silencing people. The silenced would feel isolated, persecuted, and become more dangerous. We would see increased violence if not a full revolt. Especially since they think their deity backs them up on it. The government is overruling their god and they can't have that.

19b. Spread the word to other non-experts. Awareness and foreknowledge helps us take preventive measures. A time may come when people are asked to vote on AI-centric laws. Better be informed when that time comes. Don't you agree?

20b. If you refuse to give up your freedom after the law is passed, you may be shot down. That is how it works in any society. You can be shot down for refusing to pay a parking ticket. As Edward Abbey said: "If you refuse to pay unjust taxes, your property will be confiscated. If you attempt to defend your property, you will be arrested. If you resist arrest, you will be clubbed. If you defend yourself against clubbing, you will be shot dead. These procedures are known as the Rule of Law."

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>_>

seems like so

91. what's your greatest quality

92. what kind of behavior do you dislike

93. what do you think about dlc and achievements

94. what makes you nostalgia

95. would you rather play a male or a female character in a mmo

so get ready

91. Greatest quality: being able to understand mathematics well. Hope this doesn't sound nerdy.

92. I dislike malicious behaviour. Intending harm to others, or verbal abuse, or not caring about other people as a fellow human.

93. DLC: I believe the only DLC I've bought so far is Fantasy Life's. It was worth it, shame about incompatibility between DLC and non-DLC players. As for DLC in general, seems expensive most of the time.

Achievements: Personally I try not to be too affected by them, like I won't particular aim to clear achievements.

94. What makes me nostalgia... old things. Like visiting my old college, or walking past my primary school. Reading my old diary entries (ugh).

95. I'd rather play a female character because I just identify with them and also they tend to have more attractive (to me) fashion.

so get ready

ready for what

Hope this doesn't sound nerdy.

i'm sorry jenni

96. opinion about death penalty and life sentence

97. what song is playing inside your head right now

98. first and current impressions of serenes

99. pixel art or polygons (ie "2D vs 3D")

100. what's your opinion about ntgmaking

101. current impressions

Edited by TravelingElder

21. What moments in your life make you look back and wonder what would have happened had things gone differently?

22. What traits do you most want to have?

23. What traits would your worst enemy have?

24. If I asked you to go out with me, would your answer to that question be the same as your answer to this question?

25. If you had to strip away all of your principles but one, what principle would you keep?

4. What are your thoughts on the current state of Russia?

5. As someone from outside of the U.S., what are your thoughts on the current political state of the U.S., if any?

cba to check if these have been asked

4. Well it sounds like a lot of things have been happening. I'm afraid I don't have coherent thoughts about Russia at the moment.

5. Not many thoughts on US either. :(

hiyo hiyo~ more questions from me~

6). what do you think of taboo relationships?

7). what about people who ship them? is it wrong, or is it just fantasy?

8). war... has war changed? do you give your utmost support to anyone who joins the army?

9). what older game concepts do you want to see more of in modern games?

10). how are your parents?

6. I find them interesting. When I read about them in fiction they seem exciting, usually because the taboo couple must face hardships and worry about society's view of them. And they must usually conduct their relationship in secret, which is kinda thrilling.

7. It depends on who is involved (in the relationship) I guess, like what kind of taboo pairing. I think it's okay to ship them, not much wrong with that. But I guess it can be annoying when you encounter ~rabid fangirls~, for example, so as long as they don't go too crazy and people get hurt... On the other hand I respect people's opinions where they think these taboo pairings aren't nice, as long as they aren't vicious about their views.

8. Well war has changed in the sense of technology I guess. More technological advances leads to more weapons. I still don't like war, but when it comes to defense I respect anyone who wishes to join the army of their own will. Argh why can't we settle things by discussing over afternoon tea???

9. Older game concepts... I like my modern games! :S Can't think of any particular old concepts. Well I guess one thing is introductions/tutorials kind of thing. At least not all games have forced tutorials, but I think older games didn't have as many ingame tutorials? Though the bad thing is when you don't know what to do. But that's what the manual's for!

10. Oh, they're fine thanks! I think.

1. Do you have a favorite fairy tale or short story or anything of that sort? What is it?

2. Whats your favorite owned fashion accessory?

3. Any fictional location you wish was real?

4. What is any sort of social gathering event you've been to that you enjoyed the most?

5. If you could get a custom made music box to play any song you wanted, what would you go with?

1. Ooh short stories... probably so short I forgot them. :/ But the shortest book I definitely know is Tuck Everlasting, which feels fairytale-ish. It's about the chance to be immortal, I think it was a sweet story.

2. My favourite owned fashion accessory is difficult to decide! That multicoloured bracelet on the bottom left.

3. It'd be nice if Gressenheller University and Prof Layton's office (and himself) was real.

4. My college ball was nice, I got to dress up and have fun with my friends, have a fancy dinner, and relax for the whole evening!

5. At this moment in time I'd choose "Sea of Stars" from LoGH. I think it'd make a nice music box melody. Oh or maybe Prof Layton's Theme...

18b. I was getting at the ramifications of silencing people. The silenced would feel isolated, persecuted, and become more dangerous. We would see increased violence if not a full revolt. Especially since they think their deity backs them up on it. The government is overruling their god and they can't have that.

19b. Spread the word to other non-experts. Awareness and foreknowledge helps us take preventive measures. A time may come when people are asked to vote on AI-centric laws. Better be informed when that time comes. Don't you agree?

20b. If you refuse to give up your freedom after the law is passed, you may be shot down. That is how it works in any society. You can be shot down for refusing to pay a parking ticket. As Edward Abbey said: "If you refuse to pay unjust taxes, your property will be confiscated. If you attempt to defend your property, you will be arrested. If you resist arrest, you will be clubbed. If you defend yourself against clubbing, you will be shot dead. These procedures are known as the Rule of Law."

18b. Ohh okay I wasnt sure if you were going there or not. Yeah I think it's a dangerous move...

19b. Yes I agree. I just hope I don't get distracted by my daily things. :(

20b. Oh okay. But I thought in your hypothetical situation, we were voting on whether or not the law would be passed? Well if it comes to that stage where we essentially have no choice but to exchange our freedom, then at least we'll get the comfort/stability (right?).

edit: Will I get time to finish tomorrow morning?? zzz...

Edited by NTG

20b. Oh okay. But I thought in your hypothetical situation, we were voting on whether or not the law would be passed? Well if it comes to that stage where we essentially have no choice but to exchange our freedom, then at least we'll get the comfort/stability (right?).

20c. You were voting on it. My question was could you vote for it in good conscience knowing what might happen?

Edited by Makaze

20c. You were voting on it. My question was could you vote for it in good conscience knowing what might happen?

20c. Ok just making sure I understand now: So hypothetically if everyone votes the same thing, keep their freedom, then we're all safe? But if 2/3 would vote to give up, then they're "safe" but the others aren't?

I'll have to sleep on it.

Can you call that a hijack though?

I know I was part of it, but it was kind of related to my question.

Edited by Soledai

I thought it was Sunday. Oops.

ready for what

i'm sorry jenni

96. opinion about death penalty and life sentence

97. what song is playing inside your head right now

98. first and current impressions of serenes

99. pixel art or polygons (ie "2D vs 3D")

100. what's your opinion about ntgmaking

101. current impressions

get ready to reach 100

I semi-purposely made it nerdy actually, I could have answered with "my optimism" instead.

96. Death penalties and life sentences are extreme. Especially in the off case where someone is wrongly sentenced to a death penalty, then it couldn't be rectified... In regards to punishment in general, a few months ago I read about the prison system in Norway. They don't aim to punish criminals in prison, but aim to integrate them back into society as a better person. Their prisons aren't dank and horrible, the prisoners get to play guitar and whatnot. They stay in prison until they're "corrected". And this system works apparently, it has the lowest re-crime rate in Europe etc. I was amazed. I guess this covers the life sentence too since people could be imprisoned indefinitely, if they show no remorse or no sign of improvement.

It's difficult though! Is it a violation of human rights? But when they comitted their (major) crime, they gave it up...

97. No song.

98. First: what a funny little forum, nice to see SF has lots of fans.

Current: Wow it's a big forum now. It's stabilized since it first opened. It's my internet home now.

99. I sorta prefer 2D, because the anime styles I like look better that way. But then again Dual Destinies did the models well, so if "3D" can make it look nice then that's great too! And sprites in general seem cuter to me.

100. NTGMaker was a great game, Marthur did a wonderful job. I can't believe it sprouted a whole game...

101. Current impressions of the oldman: A nice guy when he wants to be, is generally snarky and still can't handle fujoshis. FE4T is his home. Will offer advice when needed. A wonderful person who puts up with my fickleness and spontaneous disappearances...

21. What moments in your life make you look back and wonder what would have happened had things gone differently?

22. What traits do you most want to have?

23. What traits would your worst enemy have?

24. If I asked you to go out with me, would your answer to that question be the same as your answer to this question?

25. If you had to strip away all of your principles but one, what principle would you keep?

21. "What if I went to prestigious X University instead?" I wonder this sometimes but I still conclude that it probably wasn't the right place for me, and I wouldn't have done well in the interviews even if I redid it at the time ha. I have enough work as is in my current uni! And my uni is great anyway and I wouldn't have met Dr Y otherwise. And it's better for me to stay at home anyway rather than go live far.

22. I want to be confident, not worry so much about what people think, and talk better. Sometimes I have trouble even saying nice sentences, I'm guilty of saying "like" a lot which I've been trying to cut down on.

23. My worst enemy would be arrogant, selfish, looks down on other people, dishonest.

24. Are you trying to test my logic?? Peculiar question. Ok, my answer would most likely be the same to both barring wording technicalities "I would say XXX" vs "XXX".

25. I would keep my empathy. It makes me considerate of others.

worst case scenario for anything ever?

Earth gets infected and everyone starts turning into zombies, eating each other.

20 again. Ok I'd vote not to give up my freedom. (Wait are we talking freedom of speech still or plain freedom. Oh well, same answer either way.) If it ends up that more people vote to exchange their freedom then I'll have no choice but to conform.

Reminds me of prisoner's dilemma, sort of.

Oh she clarifiedIf I'm being a bother I will stop it...

It's okay. You're cute when you hijack. Edited by NTG

A wonderful person who puts up with my fickleness and spontaneous disappearances...

stop disappearing

It's okay. You're cute when you hijack.

stop mimicking me

22. Which of the seven virtues do you think can do the most harm to a person?

23. What one thing would you create/invent that doesn't exist yet?

24. If given total authority over anything for one day, what would it be and what would you do?(Yes, the world is a qualifiable answer)

25. What did you make of this interview experience? Did you enjoy it? If you had the chance, would you like to be interviewed again?

after 101 questions, I'm not even sure if anything isn't repeated at this point.

Edited by Soledai

is it true that tonton almost killed this thread???

do you ever feel like taking ballet classes, or capoeira?

22. Which of the seven virtues do you think can do the most harm to a person?

23. What one thing would you create/invent that doesn't exist yet?

24. If given total authority over anything for one day, what would it be and what would you do?(Yes, the world is a qualifiable answer)

25. What did you make of this interview experience? Did you enjoy it? If you had the chance, would you like to be interviewed again?

after 101 questions, I'm not even sure if anything isn't repeated at this point.

22. Charity to the point of self-sacrificing. Then again if you are a person who doesn't mind that, then you won't think of it as harm. Which may also be a harm in itself!

23. I would invent a chip, that when inserted into people, inhibits them from getting angry or having angry thoughts. Maybe when they start to feel angry, the chip will start to project cute pictures of kitties, puppies, bunnies, penguins etc.

24. Well if it was the world then Interest did similarly ask me that, and I gave a boring answer. But here I only have one day to do things. Hmm. This time I'll take over the internet and remove all censorships/firewalls all over the world for one day! (Inspired by Nightmare's recent sudden uncensoring of his internets.)

25. This interview was very fun, interesting, and surprisingly self-reflecting. Some people asked questions about myself, which forced me to look at myself and think about how I became who I am today. And some people asked questions about topics I don't normally delve into, which forced me to think about them (if only for a few days).

I definitely enjoyed it, except for the fact I haven't revised as much as I wanted to the past week... I'll just think of it as taking a break! It is Easter afterall. If I had the chance I wouldn't mind being interviewed again, but I feel like everyone has asked everything they wanted to and I want others to be interviewed. Wait a year or two or three until interviewing me again, that way I might have more to say and different interests and also people will forget the answers I gave this time. :S

Don't worry, there's plenty of questions I wasn't asked!

Usually I don't ask this...but...

First and current impression of me?

First: I am struggling to remember sadly... A guy in FE4T who doesn't attract attention. (Gosh I'm trying not to say this in a bad way.)

Current: Very sweet guy, gets girl problems occasionally, takes it upon himself to labour away, one of the more "normal" ones in FE4T.

How did the whole interview experience go in your opinion?

It was really good, also see my answer to Soledai. The week can feel pretty long when you're answering all these questions. Oh and I'm proud of TheEnd for reaching over 100 questions, I hope he didn't feel too pressured into reaching my whimsical estimate... (I bet he had fun though.)

is it true that tonton almost killed this thread???

do you ever feel like taking ballet classes, or capoeira?

It's true that people stopped asking him questions in the last 3 days. No one can kill this thread, but he probably killed people's opinion of him. >_> But I think it's not too bad, don't give him a hard time for it... (or is he a new punching bag)

I am sorta interested in ballet but I wonder if I'm too unflexible. It seems to me most people start early when they're young and their body is flexible and growing. I could try it just for fun though! Just like when I saw a video of Princess Tutu cosplay, it looked like the cosplayers learned some ballet so they could do some dance moves on the stage. I think that's really cool cosplay.

So maybe I should do capoeira instead. Ok, I only think these things but I never really feel like it because I'm not into dance/martial arts. :x

20d. What did your sleeping tell you?

20d. The sleeping itself told me nothing (IIRC I slept like a log that night). But soon after I left to get ready to sleep, I finally really understood what your scenario was. If the majority voted for the law to pass then of course after that you'd be punished if you broke that law. Anyway, so I still think it's better to keep our freedom of speech. Hopefully if such a thing ever happened, most people will agree and the majority vote the same as me. It probably depends on many things though, but I'm basing this on the UK where it doesn't seem so bad. Imagine not being able to criticize the government! Gosh.