Is anyone else having problems finding a Marth amiibo?

EricaofRenais

According to a Wal-Mart shelf stocker on Reddit, the first part of Wave 2 (Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac) is being shipped in packs of 50. Each pack contains 4 Diddy Kongs, 6 Little Macs and 40 Zeldas.

Umm... wow xD.

40 Zelda? That's a bit much, isn't it? Still, no complaints there! I've already gotten one for myself, but it's nice to know that Nintendo knows Zelda is one to stay. And, unless I'm wrong, this further proves the point of Zelda to be a staple amiibo, while the others come and go.

And Ana, I wouldn't worry about Luigi! Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to make only about 5 Luigi's. Zelda got 40, so... yeah.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some of the wave 2 amiibos. Zelda's quality is very inconsistent which has similar issues to Marth's amiibo quality. She has the huge forehead issues that Marth had, misaligned eyes and fat finger syndrome. It was difficult to find a really good quality one. Little Mac however is very consistent and all the figures I have seen their faces, paintjobs, head sculpt and the eyes are correct. So if you're looking for Little Mac you're pretty much safe at getting a quality figure if you were to order online.

Edited by kingddd

Zelda's quality is very inconsistent which has similar issues to Marth's amiibo quality. She has the huge forehead issues that Marth had, misaligned eyes and fat finger syndrome. It was difficult to find a really good quality one.

Then I feel pretty lucky, looking back at my Zelda amiibo. In the SSB4 thread, someone posted a video of an unboxing of a Zelda amiibo, and I thought the Zelda was pretty odd-looking. But this has me worried for Ike's amiibo. It seems like humanoid characters will be difficult to make near-perfect, as we've seen in Link, Zelda, and Marth. It has me thinking if I should even get him. Looks like I'll just stick to Rosalina, that is if I can even pre-order her.

My Zelda doesn't have a huge forehead, her eyes are aligned, and her hand looks pretty well-done. Though, I did have to go through a couple Zelda's at the GameStop to pick out the one I have.

I kinda worry about Ike too because of quality issues. I preordered him because given the treatment that Marth's Amiibo has gotten, he'll eventually be all gone too.

And Carter, it's not Luigi's rarity I'm worried about. It's how fast he'll sell anyhow. He could get 40 figures in each pack as well and still sell super fast.

Saw some of the wave 2 amiibos. Zelda's quality is very inconsistent which has similar issues to Marth's amiibo quality. She has the huge forehead issues that Marth had, misaligned eyes and fat finger syndrome. It was difficult to find a really good quality one. Little Mac however is very consistent and all the figures I have seen their faces, paintjobs, head sculpt and the eyes are correct. So if you're looking for Little Mac you're pretty much safe at getting a quality figure if you were to order online.

Meh. My Zelda is fine. No smudges, no wonky eyes, no huge forehead, nothing like that. Her eyes look like shes looking slightly to (our) left, and it looks like the eyebrow on our right, is slightly raised. So shes got this almost swarthy look on her face. The price sticker is right on the box where her face would be, so heres a pic of a sideview. Shes just fine. It was the first one that was handed to me as well.

And Carter, it's not Luigi's rarity I'm worried about. It's how fast he'll sell anyhow. He could get 40 figures in each pack as well and still sell super fast.

True, though I'm still sure he won't run out too quickly!

If we assume the same thing for the second half of Wave 2 (Luigi gets 40, Captain Falcon / Pit get the rest), then Luigi would have enough to fill the entire section of amiibos. Because after all, the boxes are so fat, they can only fit 2-3 on each metallic rod thingy. You've nothing to worry about!

Yeah, that's true. But given his popularity and how fast Rosalina sold out already... Yeah. I still think Luigi is the most popular Mario character. He wins like every Mario vs Luigi poll I find and also won a lot of favorite Mario character polls I saw. I always have trouble finding his merchandise while Mario and even Peach are always full or almost full. And so on.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the fact that Luigi has a little more personality might have something to do with it. He's pretty entertaining in his Mansion games too, if I do say so myself. lol Some fans just like green better than red and some others like Luigi's superior jumping ability and sometimes superior speed. I hear a lot of praise for him in the Mario & Luigi titles as well. I've played a couple of them, but not much, so I can't really form an opinion there. But people say he's extremely funny in those games. :P

Yeah, that's true. But given his popularity and how fast Rosalina sold out already... Yeah. I still think Luigi is the most popular Mario character. He wins like every Mario vs Luigi poll I find and also won a lot of favorite Mario character polls I saw. I always have trouble finding his merchandise while Mario and even Peach are always full or almost full. And so on.

Well, Rosalina is only sold out of *preorders*, and I'm sure she'll be restocked too. My EB Games wouldn't let me preorder Marth but they still had 4 on the shelf for anyone to come in and buy them. I feel like Rosalina and Lucario will be the same, but Meta Knight and Shulk are going to be tougher to find as way less of them are going to be made.

Luigi has actually had a personality developed for him while Mario tends to only go yahoo wahaa while being the good hero dude. Or a complete asshole. Maybe both. So kinda like Link but Link isn't a jerk unless you steal from the shop keeper.

Rosalina is not "Sold Out", it's that she was never up for preorder. According to the people who were stakeouting the Target website, the Rosalina order page went up and minutes later changed to "Sold Out", but nobody actually managed to get a pre-order in. According to people who have purchased online on Target, this is common practice for them.

Lucario, though? That one is sold out on pre-orders.

Luigi has actually had a personality developed for him while Mario tends to only go yahoo wahaa while being the good hero dude. Or a complete asshole. Maybe both. So kinda like Link but Link isn't a jerk unless you steal from the shop keeper.

lol yeah, Mario can be a bit of an ass sometimes, I forgot about that. XD

Luigi's Mansion, for example. Have Luigi stand near the well outside and you can faintly hear Mario shouting "HEY LUIGI! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!" Yeah, impatient little arse right there. :P

On the topic of Rosalina orders, that's kinda strange... I'm surprised with Lucario too, I didn't think he was that popular, at least compared to Pikachu, Charizard, and Mewtwo.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh...

Well, my mom was at Target for me asking about the Rosalina figure. She said she saw a section for Luigi's figure, but it was empty. I was afraid of this. :( They said Rosalina wasn't available for preorder either. Sigh...

Okay, now I'm getting more worried about winding up with an Ike that's missing his shoulder guard or something than I am about getting an Ike that just looks plain awkward...

Edited by Anacybele