Is anyone else having problems finding a Marth amiibo?

EricaofRenais

It might have to do with Nintendo overestimating the interest people would have in these three and Nintendo just didn't make enough.

If this is true, it might actually be good for later Amiibos to come, since Nintendo will know not to underestimate a characters' popularity in Smash.

When Wave 3 rolls around in February, we might actually have enough Ike Amiibos to go around SF! And then when Robin / Lucina amiibos are announced, people won't go into a frenzy in hot pursuit of Fire Emblem amiibos.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hope so, but I'm definitely preordering Ike just to be safe. I've been waiting for an authentic official Ike figure, especially RD Ike, for years! There's no way I'm going to fail to get this one. I WILL HAVE AN IKE AMIIBO.

I'm not worried about Luigi because he's Luigi. Though he will still probably sell a lot...

Edited by Anacybele

More people are starting to come forward and support the discontinued figures.

Was told this by an EBGames clerk yesterday. Well, about Marth specifically. I asked if they still had him in and she told me he was totally discontinued. Expunged from their computer system, too. They're dead.
I work at a retailer and can confirm that these are no longer available for order

9b429c60dec1cbafcd6349a8e22cff2e.png

https://twitter.com/BalrogGameRoom/status/541328518450524160?s=09

...Wow. Just wow. Way to go, Nintendo. You've officially made a lot of people that have been looking for certain Amiibos since they came out very pissed off. I'm not one of them, but I can definitely see some uproar and petitioning in the future for these Amiibos to return.

And what if IS wanted to make their next FE game amiibo compatible? You've just screwed them over a chance to use the Marth ones too!

Edited by Anacybele

Mhm, them being limited like this severely lowers the chance they'll be used in other games substantially.

Though, if Marth is going to be used in a future FE game, for example, they could release an edition for that specific game, so it's not like devs are completely 'screwed' in this regard.

I'm wondering if the fact that amiibos can only be used for one game at a time has any influence in this.

Right now it's not a big deal because every compatible amiibo game right now doesn't actually use the characters from the Smash Bros. line. But down the road we could see seperate lines of amiibo (for example, an Animal Crossing one) that would likely necessitate different lines.

Like if there's a FE line down the road, we could see a different Marth amiibo.

Yeah, but if IS was just allowed to use the current Marth amiibo, Nintendo might save some money on having to produce a brand new one. Same with Ike, who must be a pain in the butt to make because of how detailed he is.

Edited by Anacybele

I'll go ahead and assume Zelda will be a staple amiibo. Along with Luigi and Captain Falcon.

Honestly, I thought Marth would be considered a staple, being as he's the face of Fire Emblem. And if he isn't a staple, what does that say about Ike, Robin, and Lucina? We might just have to go all out in search for those bad boys (if you don't want to... *shudder* order online).

I'm honestly more surprised that Villager is getting canned this early considering Animal Crossing is a massive Nintendo IP.

Chances are that any of the retailer exclusive amiibos will also be limited edition (so Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk and Meta Knight) are going to be rare and discontinued quickly.

Captain Falcon.

I highly doubt it. As much as Captain Falcon is well known to the smash bros community, his games as a whole is not as well recognized. They seem to base the number of amiibos on how big the franchise is and F-Zero is definitely not one of those. I highly doubt they'll make a lot of copies of him.

Ohh! I see now. Well, that secures Zelda's spot on the walls! I don't suspect she'll ever be running out. Though couldn't Captain Falcon be the exception? If he is that popular in Smash, people would want to buy his figure! Though I still see your point.

Do you think if amiibo producing had been based off of Smash popularity, that Marth would have more copies?

So now one Nintendo official says some were discontinued (that's what one of the retailers said, that their Nintendo rep told them this) and another is saying they aren't? We need the honest truth here.

Of course, I hope that the latter is correct and that none have been discontinued. Currently, my work doesn't have Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, or Villager either, as far as I've seen. I'll be sure to check often though, so any of you guys that can shop at AAFES stores and don't live too far from Fort Bragg, NC, you'll know from me if the South Exchange there has shipments in. I don't work in the electronics department, but I pass by there often because the office is, conveniently, right next to the Nintendo section and I have to go there to clock in and out and get to the break room. :P

Oh, but to shop at an AAFES facility, you have to be in the military or military dependent. We serve the armed forces, you see. So you have to have a military sponsor, by either being their child and a minor, or their spouse. Or you're just living with them and have to be dependent on them while doing so for some reason. Oh yeah, and if you have a job with us, you can shop here too. That's probably your best bet for a lot of you too.

Edited by Anacybele

Considering that Marth, Villager, and WFT have been completely and outright removed from most retailers' systems, I would err on the side of them being discontinued. Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Pit, Ike, and Shulk are also likely to be EXTREMELY limited in production, not to mention any other non-Mario non-Zelda figures. The other retailer exclusives might stick around a little longer but they're also fairly specialized.

It's kind of unfortunate. I'm happy I got Marth on day 1 by being the first person in the store but I can't even preorder Shulk in Canada yet. I feel like I'm never going to be able to get him right now. I'm also on backorder for a Captain Falcon amiibo but since Dec 5th came and went and the release date was changed on him to Dec 31st apparently, I'm really worried about my order. Nintendo has severely underestimated the popularity of certain characters even if those Amiibos are going to be exclusive to Smash Bros.

I can see Kirby, DK, Fox, and Samus being discontinued next as well, depending on when their next game comes out. They might end up with non-Smash Bros editions though.

Yeah, I agree, Nintendo is really underestimating the popularity of certain characters and it's losing them money. Someone needs to make them realize this, somehow. If I miss out on Ike, I'm going to be crying for I don't know how long. :(

That's the spirit, Jedi!

GameStop at least has Ike up for preorder now, I'll get right on that. They probably have the other members of set 3 available for preorder too. I Googled Ike's figure and saw that other retailers, including Toys R Us and Walmart, have Ike and other figures available for preorder too. So thankfully, he's not an exclusive somewhere! Although if he was, I'd still preorder him because he's Ike. :P

I know that a lot of big videogame shops don't have any more Marth amiibo, due to personal experience I'd recommend to try very small video game shops. They're great because since they don't have much customers they do a lot of service for a lower cost, I got 3 marth amiibos that way ~

Considering that Marth, Villager, and WFT have been completely and outright removed from most retailers' systems, I would err on the side of them being discontinued.

Mixed messages going around here:

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-discontinues-marth-wii-fit-trainer-villager-amiibo-284688.phtml

Erred on the side of caution even at 3 times regular price and bought it on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSL-amiibo-Marth-Mars-Super-Smash-Bros-series-Nintendo-Wii-U-/251696819214?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a9a4cac0e

...Man isn't that fitting? The only amiibo I'd buy with a legit "Dairantou Smash Bros. for Wii U" logo. Marth. The only Japanese speaking one on the English copy. Haha. My Weeb self is happy.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nintendo made a statement about this claim.

"We will aim for certain amiibo to always be available. These will be for our most popular characters like Mario and Link. Due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment."

Source: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-warns-not-all-amiibos-will-get-a-second-run-1668352067/all

While my christmas shopping yesterday I went to three stores (Gamestop and two electronic electronic stores). I looked for some Amiibos just for fun (not with the intention to buy any of them).

No single Marth figure!

In the two electronic stores there were only a few Mario and Peach figures. Either they have the largest edition because they're from the most famous franchise, or nobody likes them...

Gamestop also had Yoshi, Fox, Donkey Kong and the Trainer.