Is anyone else having problems finding a Marth amiibo?

EricaofRenais

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the delays on Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi are actually stability problems in manufacturing, since the entire wave was meant to be out December 5th until they were pushed back. The first arrivals are more stable-footed and less reliant on sturdy stands to stay upright. Luigi is planking, Captain Falcon is kicking forward, and Pit has to "float". I'm not sure Nintendo has entirely figured out how to balance the complicated, dynamic 3D renders of the characters with the realities of fast, cheap figurine assembly.

Yeah, good point. That could be it too.

I've already reserved Ike via GameStop's website. So I SHOULD be getting him. He's fully paid for and everything, so if I wind up not getting him, I'll be extra pissed. I want my favorite hero and I don't want to lose my money! I never reserved Luigi though, seeing as I asked for him for Christmas...

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, good point. That could be it too.

I've already reserved Ike via GameStop's website. So I SHOULD be getting him. He's fully paid for and everything, so if I wind up not getting him, I'll be extra pissed. I want my favorite hero and I don't want to lose my money! I never reserved Luigi though, seeing as I asked for him for Christmas...

I'm in the same boat with Ike GameStop was the only place I could preorder him from so I'm a bit worried. I also really want a Captain Falcon one but its not looking to good at the moment.

I think the delays on Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi are actually stability problems in manufacturing, since the entire wave was meant to be out December 5th until they were pushed back. The first arrivals are more stable-footed and less reliant on sturdy stands to stay upright. Luigi is planking, Captain Falcon is kicking forward, and Pit has to "float". I'm not sure Nintendo has entirely figured out how to balance the complicated, dynamic 3D renders of the characters with the realities of fast, cheap figurine assembly.

Oh, December 5th was the initial release date? No wonder I'd been so confused. I went there on the day to pick up Zelda, and a copy of Captain Toad... but Zelda wasn't even there. No Wave 2 amiibos were there.

But what you say makes a lot of sense. Then that gets me worried for ZSS! I cannot think of another Smash character that's balancing themselves on one foot (provided they are humanoid, or extremely similar, like ZSS). Well, except Link, but he was sorted out, and not really "standing". And Sheik looks out she turned fine. I hope ZSS turns out okay when we get to see a pic of her.

Edited by Carter

Ooh, I should get my butt to the mall right away!

Apparently, some stores already have some Wave 2 amiibos in already. NOT the full pack, but only Zelda. And, well, Little Mac. These stores have apparently received only two Little Macs, and a couple Zelda.

[spoiler=Zelda Amiibo at Toys R Us]zelda-amiibo-on-sale.jpg?f319f9

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/12/some-toys-r-us-seem-to-be-selling-wave-2-amiibos-early/

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/139675/wave-2-amiibos-already-appearing/

I don't know why JUST Zelda, but works for me! Though I probably shouldn't get my hopes up TOO high. The link only said some stores. And those stores happening to be Toys R Us.

Well, regardless of when Luigi arrives, I'm just glad he's one of the really popular characters. This means he should always be available. I mean, why even THINK about discontinuing him? He's Mario's bro! And honestly, Luigi seems to be the more liked out of the brothers. Every poll I've seen between the two has Luigi winning, sometimes by a landslide.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42356

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has sold nearly 710,000 combined units since launching on Nov. 21. With a current Metacritic score of 92, the latest iteration in Nintendo’s venerable fighting franchise is one of the best-reviewed games in the current generation of systems.
  • Nov. 21 also saw the arrival of amiibo, Nintendo’s new platform where gaming’s most recognizable characters can be used in different ways in many compatible games. Sales of amiibo are approximately equal to sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U so far, while Link, Mario and Pikachu (in that order) have been the best-selling figures to date.

And there ya have it.

I was in my local Walmart and a GameStop today as well as the store I work in. None of them have any set 2 Amiibos. The GameStop doesn't even know when it's getting Luigi. :(

Walmart was the only one of the three that had Fox though, and my work was the only one of the three that had Yoshi. :P

Wow, that sucks Ana. I know the set 2 release dates have been really wonky... I really want Captain Falcon but he probably won't be out for Christmas like I'd hoped. At least Zelda arrived from Amazon today at my house! Mine turned out pretty good. The only "bad" part is the hand, which if I had been the designer I wouldn't have bothered trying to mold fingers and would have Barbie-dolled them into a mitten, but oh well. That's a problem present on every Zelda. Her face and painted details all generally turned out decently.

The other day I broke down and asked my best friend down in Seattle to order Shulk for me. He's STILL not available on the Canadian EB Games page. Ordering from the US store would be double the price. Even though it would cost more in gas to drive down to pick it up from him, I could bundle it into other trips if need be, or maybe he'll just ship it to me as a belated Christmas present.

I MIGHT get a Captain Falcon amiibo when that rolls around. $13 is still a little bit iffy for me; i could buy a book with that money. If the quality control is good I might jump right on it though, who knows?

... Do you happen to live near San Francisco?

I live in California, and about 140 miles east inland from San Francisco. The winds were bad enough for me to not chance mucking about in it yesterday. (Bay got spammed pretty hard and since my internet server is based in San Jose, Xfinity went out for a good while. So even my phones were out for several hours.)

Anyway, this thread is about amiibo. And i can talk about that cuz i got my Zelda today! Gamestop only had a couple of Wave 2 amiibo. Diddy was preordered for someone else so they couldnt sell him. Not sure if they had any Little Macs or Falcons. I dont think they did yet. But there were 3 Zeldas which tells me something for Zelda fans: You arent likely to run into a lot of issues finding Zelda related amiibo. There will likely be ample stock of them. My theory will be proven correct if when Ganny comes out and theres more supply of him than others in his wave. I am skeptical of Toon Link availability when he drops. (but you never know! There could be plenty of Toon Links going around!) My Gamestop was the only place that had any Wave 2 amiibo.

I was gonna give Zelda to my niece, but i kinda want to keep her. (My niece is getting Pikachu) Zelda looks pretty good and not at all derpy.

Wow, that sucks Ana. I know the set 2 release dates have been really wonky... I really want Captain Falcon but he probably won't be out for Christmas like I'd hoped. At least Zelda arrived from Amazon today at my house! Mine turned out pretty good. The only "bad" part is the hand, which if I had been the designer I wouldn't have bothered trying to mold fingers and would have Barbie-dolled them into a mitten, but oh well. That's a problem present on every Zelda. Her face and painted details all generally turned out decently.

The other day I broke down and asked my best friend down in Seattle to order Shulk for me. He's STILL not available on the Canadian EB Games page. Ordering from the US store would be double the price. Even though it would cost more in gas to drive down to pick it up from him, I could bundle it into other trips if need be, or maybe he'll just ship it to me as a belated Christmas present.

I know! Nintendo is being so damn stupid with these things. Just...why? :(

I wanted to find Luigi in my stocking or under my Christmas tree. But that probably won't happen now thanks to whatever idiots at NoA are in charge of distributing the figures. >_>

And I'm sorry to hear that, that's really strange because I was able to preorder Ike on the GameStop website, and EB Games is pretty much Canada's GameStop, right? Oh yeah, speaking of which, I better preorder Toon Link too, if I can.

Edited by Anacybele

I know! Nintendo is being so damn stupid with these things. Just...why? :(

I wanted to find Luigi in my stocking or under my Christmas tree. But that probably won't happen now thanks to whatever idiots at NoA are in charge of distributing the figures. >_>

And I'm sorry to hear that, that's really strange because I was able to preorder Ike on the GameStop website, and EB Games is pretty much Canada's GameStop, right? Oh yeah, speaking of which, I better preorder Toon Link too, if I can.

I was able to preorder Ike from Amazon immediately. It's the store exclusives that are giving me troubles. However, Shulk is really the only exclusive who I worry will be in short supply as Xenoblade itself was very hard for me to preorder back when it came out.

Also I don't think it's unreasonable for consumers to be upset that a product can't be released on-schedule, or that the company could at least be more forthcoming about delays and miscommunications. Wave 1 was launched on-time but wave 2 has been all over the place. It's an extremely messy launch. People have been getting orders cancelled over poor supply and concerns from retailers that Nintendo can't deliver enough to meet demand.

Samias has the right of it. And Nintendo is not only hurting their fans with this mess, they're hurting themselves too, because when they don't get their products out to the people that want to buy them, the people can't buy them, and thus Nintendo isn't getting their money. They're honestly losing money with how they're handling this.

Edited by Anacybele

Semi off-topic, but since this seems to be the main Amiibo discussion, I'll ask here. Does anyone know if Amiibos are region locked or if you can use them across regions? Where I live in Amsterdam most of our stores are very tiny and they have gotten in few Amiibos, but I'm leaving for a trip to the States next week and I was thinking of maybe looking for some at the larger stores there (they're probably cheaper there, too...). I'm mostly planning on getting them as figures, but it would still be nice to use them in-game.

Semi off-topic, but since this seems to be the main Amiibo discussion, I'll ask here. Does anyone know if Amiibos are region locked or if you can use them across regions? Where I live in Amsterdam most of our stores are very tiny and they have gotten in few Amiibos, but I'm leaving for a trip to the States next week and I was thinking of maybe looking for some at the larger stores there (they're probably cheaper there, too...). I'm mostly planning on getting them as figures, but it would still be nice to use them in-game.

they are not region locked.

http://nintendoeverything.com/amiibo-figures-not-region-locked/

According to a Wal-Mart shelf stocker on Reddit, the first part of Wave 2 (Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac) is being shipped in packs of 50. Each pack contains 4 Diddy Kongs, 6 Little Macs and 40 Zeldas.

Geez, I wonder who Nintendo thinks will sell the post...

Edited by Floor Ice Cream

According to a Wal-Mart shelf stocker on Reddit, the first part of Wave 2 (Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac) is being shipped in packs of 50. Each pack contains 4 Diddy Kongs, 6 Little Macs and 40 Zeldas.

Geez, I wonder who Nintendo thinks will sell the post...

clearly it's a reverse tier list sort of thing

(and whoever came up with the numbers is some scrublord who thinks Mac is OP)