Is anyone else having problems finding a Marth amiibo?

EricaofRenais

The amiibos just came out Friday and I can't find a Marth one anywhere, every store that sells them in my area is sold out and when I went to order on Amazon they were sold out too. Gamestop is out online and in store and every other place I could think of going is out as well. Looks like I am going to have to wait until after Christmas to buy a Marth one and I think I will be preordering Ike as soon as I can.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. I got lucky and ordered one off of Amazon from a trusted third party granted with expedited shipping it was like $25 so double the normal price and I'll be getting it sometime late this week or beginning of next. I figured that Nintendo probably underproduced the Marth one and since alot of people play as him in smash bros it sold like hotcakes and now there is a shortage. I would keep checking Amazon just expect to pay around 26-35 USD for one including shipping.

Edit: Just checked amazon. Its backordered until November 25th but you can reserve it now to get it directly from Amazon for around the normal price.

Edited by TacoMan42

My friend actually talked to me today about her difficulty in finding a Marth amiibo. She knew that Marth is one of my most used characters and she wanted to get me one as a Christmas gift, but she couldn't find any at EB Games. She said there were Mario, Pikachu, Peach, and Yoshi amiibos, though (she couldn't remember what other amiibo were/weren't available). I guess they wanted to stick with the characters that were popular and well known in pop culture. It makes sense, but it's kind of disappointing at the same time.

This article about rare amiibo was posted today at GoNintendo, actually. I hope it'll help.

When I went to go get Smash, I saw at least four of each amiibo, including Marth. However, I only had enough money to get the game, so I couldn't buy him or any other. I was probably the first in the store to have bought the game, seeing as they weren't on the shelves yet, but I haven't checked back to see which amiibos are still there.

Yeah a friend is trying to find Murth. Yet Murth is hella dollars and out of stock everywhere. WTF? Ngl, this is wigging me out. Especially since ill be in this position when Shulk drops...

I just...i guess i (and everyone else) wasnt anticipating the demand for these things. wowza

Yeah a friend is trying to find Murth. Yet Murth is hella dollars and out of stock everywhere. WTF? Ngl, this is wigging me out. Especially since ill be in this position when Shulk drops...

I just...i guess i (and everyone else) wasnt anticipating the demand for these things. wowza

I'm gonna have to pre order an Ike one soon. I can only imagine the shortages to come on Robin and Lucina when those hit the market. I also wonder if they'll make both male and female Robins.

Amiibos are modeled after the trophies in Smash. Robin's trophy is, i believe, the male version. (like Villager)

Yeah, Lucy is gonna be a pain to find when she hits. As long as theres Dedede's left for me....

Yeah, I've been having trouble. Went to Gamestop, Best Buy. I'd try more places but I don't want to bother my mom into driving me various plays for a figure. I didn't want to order one online, as I love to be picky and have everyone stare at me as I take ALL the Marth amiibo's off the wall and pick the best one. BUT... I couldn't do that, because I couldn't even find one Marth amiibo.

Still, I did that with Peach. I went to the mall today with my sister and mom, and after buying some new shoes, I told them I wanted to go to Gamestop, and we did. I went to the corner where all the amiibo's were sitting, took ALL of the Peach amiibo's off and studied them, looking for the perfect one.

When Zelda hits stores, I've confidence that she won't be out of stock.

I couldn't find any Marth amiibos at the stores I checked either, though admittedly I didn't check every single store in my area; I only checked one Fry's, one Target, two GameStops, and one Fred Meyer. At the second GameStop I went to, an employee told me that none of the GameStops in my entire state have any Marth amiibos available. He also said that not even the GameStop website has Marth amiibos available.

I believe I saw Marth at my local GameStop. But that's probably because there aren't a lot of gamers here. Even when there was an open Smash 3DS tournament at one twenty minutes from here, many of the people had come from out of town (someone even said they drove three hours to get there. o.o).

I had no idea Marth was rare though. This makes me wonder if the same will happen with Ike. I just hope that I still get him via a preorder. You never know if we'll get another Awakening situation where they don't even get enough deliveries to fill all the preorders.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah Ike, Robin, Lucina...these guys might wind up being hard as hell to get your hands on. So i would anticipate it and try preordering the FE amiibo if you are able. Shulk is gonna be a pain. Im already feeling it, if fuggin' Marth is tough to get...Poor Shulk. No one knows who he is. Duck Hunt might also be a right impossible one to nab once it drops. (and G&W. Weeeeh.) Some characters just arent super well-known so Nintendo wont make as many amiibo even though theres really high demand.

You'd think they'd know better by now tho....

Yeah Ike, Robin, Lucina...these guys might wind up being hard as hell to get your hands on. So i would anticipate it and try preordering the FE amiibo if you are able. Shulk is gonna be a pain. Im already feeling it, if fuggin' Marth is tough to get...Poor Shulk. No one knows who he is. Duck Hunt might also be a right impossible one to nab once it drops. (and G&W. Weeeeh.) Some characters just arent super well-known so Nintendo wont make as many amiibo even though theres really high demand.

You'd think they'd know better by now tho....

Ugh, didn't Nintendo learn ANYTHING from the Awakening fiasco? -_-

Well, whatever the case, I'm going to get my hands on Ike! I MUST HAVE IKE. I've been waiting far too long for an official RD Ike figure!

Edited by Anacybele

Imagine what would happen if a Mewtwo amiibo were to be released... but ugh -- the Robin and Lucina amiibos would be ones I would be getting if I were to have the money for them simply because I love FE13.

Got my Marth Amiibo at the midnight release when I went to pick up Pokemon/SSB. The guy behind the counter had to dig through their box for a minute to find one. (They weren't on the shelf yet.) Though they said they were getting 4 of each to start off so It could just be Marths were hiding.

I finally got mine in yesterday. It actually looks better than what I've heard. Sword wasn't bent at all and it has more details than I was expecting particulary on the face and the cape with the designs and since its not a complicted pose the trophy look of it is pretty cool in my book.

And Nintendo wonders why FE doesn't sell as much as other franchises...

They don't let people see it much! If they just produced and displayed more Marth and later Ike Amiibos, I bet you anything even that would get more sales and desires for FE games/remakes. And adding some more promotional things like figures, posters, etc would help even more. T-shirts, maybe. The only Nintendo shirts and hoodies I ever find outside of little stores like Hot Topic are Mario and Pokemon themed.

Some Smash t-shirts featuring stuff like the big four (Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man), the FE gang, the Zelda gang, etc would promote so many games it's crazy.

Edited by Anacybele

And Nintendo wonders why FE doesn't sell as much as other franchises...

lol, i think you misunderstand how supply and demand works. Initially, FE did not sell very well outside Japan. It was niche, so Nintendo produced only a small number of product because they would lose money otherwise. FE13 showed that theres still a demand for FE across the pond. However, stuff like Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario outsells FE by the truckload. They anticipate high sales of amiibo like Mario and Pikachu, so they produce more of them. Marth comes from a franchise that always sells considerably less compared to the bigger IPs. So they made less Marths for they anticipated less sales. They still dont produce as many FE things because despite the fact theres a demand for them, its not as large as the demand for Pikachu or Link.

This is why you should preorder any future amiibo that you even remotely think would be tricky to find.

lol, i think you misunderstand how supply and demand works. Initially, FE did not sell very well outside Japan. It was niche, so Nintendo produced only a small number of product because they would lose money otherwise. FE13 showed that theres still a demand for FE across the pond. However, stuff like Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario outsells FE by the truckload. They anticipate high sales of amiibo like Mario and Pikachu, so they produce more of them. Marth comes from a franchise that always sells considerably less compared to the bigger IPs. So they made less Marths for they anticipated less sales. They still dont produce as many FE things because despite the fact theres a demand for them, its not as large as the demand for Pikachu or Link.

If I'm reading correctly... the reason Marth's are so hard to find is because they produce less Marth amiibos?

Makes sense. I was thinking backwards. I thought Marth was sold out because he was way too popular, but boy was I so wrong xD. I told my brother about my problem, and he told me the same thing you just did, Loki. I mean, there were bunches of Mario, Peach, Link, etc. It's rather upsetting to see that I might not find a Marth amiibo until Gamestop receives their newest shipment of amiibos; Wave 2.

And once again, just to make sure. What you're saying implies that Zelda amiibos will not run out of stock, because the Legend of Zelda series is so overwhelmingly popular that Nintendo must mass-produce Link + Zelda amiibos in order to satisfy the fans that want them (me)?

This is why you should preorder any future amiibo that you even remotely think would be tricky to find.

As much I want to do that, I'm unbelievably picky with the things I buy. I'd be completely unsatisfied with getting a Zelda amiibo that just has the smallest scratch.

Nah yer reading it right, Carter. Theres just not enough Marth to go around. Nintendo might actually begin producing more Marth amiibo because theres a demand. Like why FE13 can be found everywhere now compared to the first year it was out.

As for the actual Zelda amiibo, she might be easier to find than Marth. Maybe. I kinda hope so, cuz id like one. I dont think she'll be AS rare, but she might not be as common as Peach. (so maybe like Fox...) I really dont think you are going to struggle too much to get Zelda.

Shulk is Gamestop exclusive. Hes the guy i really really want the most out of the lot. I had to preorder him, otherwise, its likely id not get one. Im worried about amiibo like Duck Hunt and Robin.