Anybody remember what the Crimean rebellion was about?

Dragoncat

My alternate PoR sequel fanfic still has some RD stuff in it. The Crimean rebellion being the main one...but I forgot why exactly it happened. What was Ludveck's beef with how Elincia was running things? What were the people complaining about?

Basically, Elincia was trying to rule based on peace, and she basically was an heiress from nowhere after being hidden her whole life.

There was a lot of protest against her calm ambivalence towards issues and her strong ties with Gallia.

Basically, Lundgren (or whatever his name was, it's been awhile since I played Radiant Dawn, I may be mixing him up with someone from another FE) and a bunch of other Crimean lords thought that Elincia wasn't tough enough to deal with Begnion and the newly revived Daein so they tried to depose her. Elincia then proceeded to prove to them all that she is still a total badass even if she prefers to avoid war.

If I'm remembering it correctly, I'm pretty sure that the news out of Daein that they had "overthrown" Begnion and reclaimed their independence was the final log on the fire - the populace was quaking in their boots over the irrational fear that Daein was going to invade Crimea again (mostly as retribution over the fact that Crimea invaded and captured Daein and left it to Begnion), which allowed Ludveck the opportunity he needed to rally the uneducated common folk under his banner to challenge Elincia and take power. (Hence 2-1's existence.)

Thing is, for my story, Daein didn't need to be taken back from Begnion because they crowned a new queen themselves before Begnion could start being an asshole. So, Ludveck(Lundgren is Lyn's evil uncle I think)will have to have a slightly different motive. I have an idea, but this isn't my story topic...

it sounds like you might want to rethink your entire story.

Well...I did come up with the idea ages ago. And it isn't the best, but I've become attached to it. Believe me, it's not as lame as it may sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Crimeans don't like Daein very much, so you'd have the same thing going down if the circumstances were remotely similar to Pelleas' coronation and Elincia's (non)response thereto.

Yes, Bastian did go to Daein to investigate Pelleas' coronation, but that mission was either unofficial or covert. As far as the public knew, Elincia did nothing in response to Daein's reconstruction.

Edited by Paper Jam

Thing is, for my story, Daein didn't need to be taken back from Begnion because they crowned a new queen themselves before Begnion could start being an asshole. So, Ludveck(Lundgren is Lyn's evil uncle I think)will have to have a slightly different motive. I have an idea, but this isn't my story topic...

You don't really need to give him a different motive I think. Because his original motive was being a (admittedly well presented) power hungry dick. Daein's revival was what allowed him to start a rebellion but his reasoning for it was wanting the throne. As far as I can see anyway. He probably would have tried something if Daein remained the way it was. Elincia's introduction in Radiant Dawn seems to imply he's been undermining her for a while now.

I'm more curious was happened to Ludveck. Was he executed or what? Some kind of reference would have been nice in Part 3.

I'm more curious was happened to Ludveck. Was he executed or what? Some kind of reference would have been nice in Part 3.

I think Elincia just kept him locked up. She didn't seem like she planned to have him die in any way. I wonder more who she had replace him in...Felirae, was it? It's been awhile since I last played the game too.