Today I have learned that I am perfectly average.

IceBrand

. In terms of looks I'm not the most handsome guy around, but I'm far from ugly.

. I can make an A or two but I mostly make Cs.

. I can beat bad players and noobs easily in video games. But put me up against an advance player and watch the downfall happen.

. You guys really put me to shame in Fire Emblem. Like HARDCORE shame. I thought I was good in FE until I saw people beating the games in incredibly short turns. And the fact some find Lunatic mode in Awakening and Hard mode in RD EASY, just shows how smart you people are.

Now that I know this, should I use this information to improve myself or just stay at this constant state of average?

I think rd hard mode actually isnt that tough....though of course I probably take longer than most people. Lunatic in awakening was too much for me, however. I have heard that its easier if you just use avatar with chrom paired up or something like that. No idea if its true.

I think people find it "easy" because they've played it plenty of times and know what's coming. It's also a matter of putting forth effort to do it in low turns, and I personally am satisfied with finishing chapters the way I do.

Define "average". You can't really do that now can you? There is no set standard for which we can judge ourselves. Also, you couldn't possibly come to that conclusion by just those criteria you mentioned. You might excel in areas where others fail.

Define "average". You can't really do that now can you? There is no set standard for which we can judge ourselves. Also, you couldn't possibly come to that conclusion by just those criteria you mentioned. You might excel in areas where others fail.

actually, you can, and the fact that there isn't a set standard doesn't mean that we can't judge ourselves. with that said, there actually isn't anything bad about being what you think is average, especially in the modern world.

You just gotta find your niche. You might be good at something that you've never tried, drawing, writing, poetry, instruments, singing.

and this. you never know what you may be good at.

Edited by Comet

actually, you can, and the fact that there isn't a set standard doesn't mean that we can judge ourselves. with that said, there actually isn't anything bad about being what you think is average, especially in the modern world.

I agree with you there. There is no true "average" per say, only what we as individuals decide on. That being said, this means that you shouldn't compare yourself to what others believe is the standard, as it tends to differ among people.

Edited by DragonLord

. You guys really put me to shame in Fire Emblem. Like HARDCORE shame. I thought I was good in FE until I saw people beating the games in incredibly short turns. And the fact some find Lunatic mode in Awakening and Hard mode in RD EASY, just shows how smart you people are.

This isn't an FPS game. There's no skill in simply memorizing every possible outcome, being able to use a tool that predicts RNG, and playing every chapter 100 times. It's just tedious and takes work. This is why I don't care about people who are "super l33t amazing" at Fire Emblem and don't cater my games to them.

Dondon is the exception, because I admire his creativity and video editing skills when he posts lightning fast playthroughs of every chapter with 0% growths. That's actually fun to watch, even if I know he rigs literally everything.