Which girl to marry in FEA?

Kuru

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, December 19, 2014 - this was the dead post
Hidden by Integrity, December 19, 2014 - this was the dead post

Wrong, Maybe, and Wrong. Nowi's well beyond the age of consent, and if she isn't, the same thing would apply to Nah, who is much younger (though still not a child), and Tiki x MaMU is a possible pairing. The avatar can marry ANYBODY of the opposite gender.

Sigh

Love and sexual relations are OK if both parties are a) Mature enough to understand sexual relations b) Old enough physically to produce an offspring

This is why fornicating with Emmeryn would be considered wrong

As for Tiki, what I meant is that their supports are totally incoherent, at least to me.

I mean, she decided not to show her love to the charming prince that saved her from mind-control and an eternal jail because she knew he would die one day, before her, and she did not want both of them to be sad.

And now you're telling me she fell in love with someone she've known for barely 6 month maximum while that man did not save her or meet her in a special way? Despite knowing that he's gonna die before you as Marth did?

Plus seriously, he has a god damn Brand of Grima that is glowing in purple dark magic, get a hint already.

Plus Avatar and Marth are totally different, that's just another lack of work from IntSys, Chrom ressembles Marth way more.

For Nah, her body at least seems older than the one of a 10 years old human. And iirc all children are around their twenties. But oh well IntSys suck at explaining things to make them coherent ~

Edit: Internet issue made me double post, sorry for this

From what I've seen, a Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is considered the best Morgan in the game. However, this comes at the cost of having the Avatar father a second child.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50838 for reference.

Are we talking mechanics or character opinions here?

Character opinion for me :3

Edited by Chasticot

From what I've seen, a Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is considered the best Morgan in the game. However, this comes at the cost of having the Avatar father a second child.

Having him father a second child comes at the cost of having the Avatar marry a 2nd gen. You end up with one unit too few of the Avatar's gender.

Having him father a second child comes at the cost of having the Avatar marry a 2nd gen. You end up with one unit too few of the Avatar's gender.

That's generally not a big deal unless you're doing FeMU x Chrom, because a male avatar can always just do a platonic teamup with Lucina to decent effect. Granted, I personally prefer to do a 3rd generation Morgan, but it's not the end of the world, there are workarounds if you really want two avatar kids.

Edited by Alastor15243

That's generally not a big deal unless you're doing FeMU x Chrom, because a male avatar can always just do a platonic teamup with Lucina to decent effect. Granted, I personally prefer to do a 3rd generation Morgan, but it's not the end of the world, there are workarounds if you really want two avatar kids.

I didn't say it was the end of the world, but it's important to include when listing the costs and benefits of 2nd vs 3rd gen.

But if you marry Nowi, you're going to jail

If you marry Nah, you're weird for marrying one of your close friends' daughter

And I don't even Tiki x MaMU a possible pairing

The answer is: NEVER MARRY A MANAKETE

Oy.

This is a gameplay thread.

Regardless of your personal feelings on aesthetics, Sumia!Lucina is Avatar's best wife, and while Tiki is at the bottom of the barrel Nowi is still one of the best for Hard/Lunatic ingame.

This should always be considered wrong. <.<

I dont pair my maMUs with second gen kids, but decent first gen mums are Sumia, Cherche, Nowi (yeah), Cordelia.

I dig having two children for my Avatars personally. Its like having two Morgans.

This should always be considered wrong. <.<

I dont pair my maMUs with second gen kids, but decent first gen mums are Sumia, Cherche, Nowi (yeah), Cordelia.

I dig having two children for my Avatars personally. Its like having two Morgans.

Two Morgans for the price of one...brilliant!

Its basically a trade-off.

Marrying a first generation female gives you access to two "Morgan" units (or more specifically, Morgan and a sibling who has an Avatar-sized class set).

Marrying second generation gives you only Morgan herself, but her net stats will tend to be a few points higher. Also, it allows you to have all the 2nd generation characters get married, as otherwise you'll have one unpaired female (in the case you're playing as a Male Avatar).

Morgan herself primarily cares about stat points, as she automatically has an Avatar class set, but her sibling can greatly benefit from gaining an Avatar class set and the great versatility that results from it.

The game is easy enough that in most cases the extra stat points on a 2nd generation Morgan aren't going to be a huge deal. But in the end statistically speaking she is going to tend to be superior that way. It comes down to how much you care about this and if there are any specific benchmarks you really want Morgan to hit. That, and how much you value these considerations against the possibility to grant another child the Avatar class set.

I myself tend to prefer marrying first gen females, although a large part of that is motivated by favoritism for Cordelia.

But I do honestly agree with a prior post that indicated that she was one of the good first gen wives, from a gameplay standpoint, at least from the perspective of wanting to use the Avatar.

You see, if you marry a Galeforce-less wife, then the Avatar (if taking advantage of their S-support) is only going to be contributing to the team once per turn.

If you marry a wife with Galeforce, they can contribute twice per turn. Cordelia is one of the Galeforce wives.

Morgan herself primarily cares about stat points, as she automatically has an Avatar class set, but her sibling can greatly benefit from gaining an Avatar class set and the great versatility that results from it.

Can they?

Lucina, Gerome and Nah are the only children in the game who have sets that they would like to run but can't without Avatar as a parent (VV Sage, Hit+20 Berserker, GF/Proc). Lucina is already so good she doesn't care (and Cynthia would be hurt by the loss of Aether more than Lucina would benefit from EP skills), and both Cherche and Nowi will saddle Morgan with bad Spd and Avatar with a non-GF wife, which aren't made up for by any potential benefit to their children (both Gerome and Nah have multiple ways to be just as useful to their team as other units, so even though they gain sets they don't necessarily become more useful).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Can they?

Lucina, Gerome and Nah are the only children in the game who have sets that they would like to run but can't without Avatar as a parent (VV Sage, Hit+20 Berserker, GF/Proc). Lucina is already so good she doesn't care (and Cynthia would be hurt by the loss of Aether more than Lucina would benefit from EP skills), and both Cherche and Nowi will saddle Morgan with bad Spd and Avatar with a non-GF wife, which aren't made up for by any potential benefit to their children (both Gerome and Nah have multiple ways to be just as useful to their team as other units, so even though they gain sets they don't necessarily become more useful).

Gerome in particular is a huge stretch to give the avatar as a father, because if you give him Henry, he's a hit+10/15 berserker anyway.

Love and sexual relations are OK if both parties are a) Mature enough to understand sexual relations b) Old enough physically to produce an offspring

Given that Emmeryn fulfills both of those criteria, I don't see how it's wrong.

I decided to make Lucina my wife in the end, and boy, I gotta say...Morgan looks sweet as a Tactician; her stats, I mean. I also saved in all three different files before making my decision in case I wanna try out the game with other possible wives. :)

Emmeryn is not in a normal mental state bruh it's fucked up.

So she has amnesia, so what? Ninian gets amnesia twice in FE7, and yet some people still pair her up with Eliwood.

Not only that, marrying one of the child characters is also messed up, but people still do it regardless.

So she has amnesia, so what? Ninian gets amnesia twice in FE7, and yet some people still pair her up with Eliwood.

Not only that, marrying one of the child characters is also messed up, but people still do it regardless.

I think the difference is that Ninian just had amnesia and she even got her memory back before Ninian and Eliwood can fall in love. Emmeryn never gets her memory back and she's also clearly mentally disabled.

And romancing a mentally disabled person is different from romancing somebody from the future who happens to be a baby during your time. When we get into time travel, I don't think the age the person is in the time they go to has any relevance.

Age is more of a cultural issue. If Awakening is supposed to be medieval Europe-ish, then there's really not that much unusual about the character's ages (Ricken and Nowi are the only ones that would still raise eyebrows- maybe not even her depending on how realistic the artstyle was intended to be). That sort of thing is very frowned upon nowadays, but at least it makes sense within the context of the game.

Romancing a mentally disabled person who is physically incapable of being in an equal relationship, on the other hand? That's going to rub people the wrong way, context or no. And in this case, I'm fairly sure there isn't any.