ATTN Roleplay section: Fate question

Nanami Touko

I do read them but something like that is sort of vague/require knowledge I don't have (like if it's possible for a servant and master to lose the war without either dying) or something that I want to try to be certain of. In this case I don't know what qualifies as actually being 'out of the war'. In one of the prior attempts two masters struck a bargain that they would stop those with bad wishes/ideas until it was only the two of them left, then one would forfeit leaving the winning wish to the other. The problem is that I don't know if that's actually canonically possible and, if it was, if it required one of them dying, some special ritual/talking to someone special, or if it was as simple as going 'kudos you win. Now why don't we stop by Micky D's and give reincarnated George Washington his first taste of a Hamburger. I'll pay.'

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do read them

hard to believe at times

but something like that is sort of vague/require knowledge I don't have (like if it's possible for a servant and master to lose the war without either dying) or something that I want to try to be certain of. In this case I don't know what qualifies as actually being 'out of the war'. In one of the prior attempts two masters struck a bargain that they would stop those with bad wishes/ideas until it was only the two of them left, then one would forfeit leaving the winning wish to the other. The problem is that I don't know if that's actually canonically possible and, if it was, if it required one of them dying, some special ritual/talking to someone special, or if it was as simple as going 'kudos you win. Now why don't we stop by Micky D's and give reincarnated George Washington his first taste of a Hamburger. I'll pay.'

Being out of the war is being dead. Ether and I are flexible people. We aren't going to hold onto canon like it's marital law. If, at the end of things, two masters want to agree to give the grail to one of them, we'll work something out. These sorts of situations are rather specific, so I can only be vague in answering. We'll see if they happen because giving an answer now won't be concrete. It may require changing.

If there's things you don't know in Fate, then I suggest visiting the Typemoon wiki and looking stuff over, or watching the recently remade Fate/Stay Night by Ufotable. Otherwise, sit tight until we get the signup topic finished.

I'd ask you to bring the rest of this to PMs, as it's getting a bit cluttered in the topic. I'll post anything I feel is necessary for other people to see.

Edited by I have opinions

Preference (Master/Servant): If we could have both, but not necessarily for the same poster, that would be cool. In fact, I think it would be cooler if they were different posters so everyone would have at least one person to always interact with and it would be much more interesting that way. EDIT: Unless this is asking what I would prefer to be! In which case, I guess servant, though both are OK with me.

Opinion: I'D LOVE IT

Level of Knowledge: Pretty decent

Ability to donate time to it: It shouldn't be too hard to post every now and then

Edited by Nightmare

Preference (Master/Servant): If we could have both, but not necessarily for the same poster, that would be cool. In fact, I think it would be cooler if they were different posters so everyone would have at least one person to always interact with and it would be much more interesting that way. EDIT: Unless this is asking what I would prefer to be! In which case, I guess servant, though both are OK with me.

It was asking for what you would prefer, but that was the idea. If we get enough people posting in the signup thread, we'll start pairing users off as master and servant, so you aren't controlling both. With all of who has posted interest so far, I can't see that going wrong, not unless I know some of you less than I thought I did, lol.

so preliminary interest list from what I've seen so far (preferences in parentheses):

Scorri (Either)

Phoenix (Master)

Snowy? (Servant)

Poly (Either)

Ace Tactitian (Either)

Eclipse (Servant)

Junknee (Servant)

Script (Either leaning Servant)

Reintime (Servant)

Marth (Master)

Roy (Either)

Balcerzak (Either leaning Master)

Nightmare (Either)

I think this is probably enough people (if we get one more then nifty keen) but a few people on the fence with their choices need to pick (some will need to be masters either way, we only have three people leaning Master as opposed to 5-6 Servants).

Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

Preference: Master.

Opinion: Dammit Balcerzak, I was going to post the same thing. : < I don't have opinions, ha!

Level of Knowledge: Emiya Kiritsugu.

Ability to Donate Time: I have a lot of time, but I'm Scrooge McDuck levels of generous. I just like Fate.

Edited by Refa

Preference (Master/Servant): Servant, but can play as a master
Opinion: New and ready to go
Level of Knowledge: F/SN UBW+ Deenight, current UBW anime, F/SN VN all three routes, as much of F/HA translated, F/Apocrypha LN's, Fate Extra(50% of it), Tsukihime, some of Mahoyo.
Ability to donate time to it: A good amount.

Nursery Rhyme itself is an interesting case due to us not having the moon cell which brings it's own variations on things, but the concept is something we're alright with. I'm going to give it the go ahead on the stipulation that you can properly justify your "irregular" servant. False Assassin is example enough that fiction, if believed by enough people, can be summoned as a servant, but those will be taken on a case-by-case basis.

Got it, so irregulars and wraiths alike are applicable on a case by case basis depending on extenuating circumstances. Do you guys have a set range for where we can pull our servants from? For example, stuff like only servants from before the 1900's. I guess another question that ties in would be around when this war starts.

It'll be a modern setting. As for servant pool, you're not disallowed from picking heroes closer to modern times(I'm going to give a no on anyone still living, if only because dealing with future heroes is a nightmare waiting to happen, and for all we know, Bill Gates could develop the most deadly WMD the world has ever seen in two years time, but we'd have no way to know if someone wanted to summon Bill Gates for whatever reason)

Note that since age greatly influences the potential of magic and magical items like Noble Phantasms, that someone like a WW2 Hero probably wouldn't fare very well due to being a bit too new overall.

I'm a little iffy on counter-guardians since I'd like information to be somewhat accessible(if you find out a servant's name, you yourself can figure things out about them on your own, to supplement in-universe knowledge that a character would be able to attain. But, again, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, as counter guardians face their own penalties(mostly a stat hike due to complete lack of fame or recognition). Since we're allowing things like a custom Hassan, a custom counter guardian is feasible, but would be under heavy watch for any sort of shenanigans.

As for Snowy... technically, he would be acceptable under the general ruleset, but like most strange requests, it would require justification for how he would be considered servant material(needs to fit into a class with some sort of rhyme or reason). Also, any obvious attempts to make ludicrously snarky applications will not earn you any favours. Try to keep it reasonable here. (aka, that's a decline on Robin Williams unless you write me the best goddamn explanation on how he stands a chance as a fighter in a grail war.)

I'm trying to be lenient and allow people to make creative choices. Try to be respectful enough of that to not spit in my face. (If that was a joke, sorry, but I want to ensure this is clear so it makes a good example regardless)

It's not more of whether you died and more of if you were considered a hero. To become a hero in the modern age is practically impossible as media and modern weaponry disqualify you from becoming a hero as the scientific tools become the ones that are compensating for a lack of skill or ability and not the individual building up said skill and ability.

A real hero would have had to have a name known and recorded in history, and it is generally accepted the older the name the more qualified as a heroic spirit.

Edited by Sublimation