ATTN Roleplay section: Fate question

Nanami Touko

Shadow, I recommend getting some knowledge of the Fate universe before seriously signing up. Start with Fate/zero at the very least, since this RP is more likely to be akin to Zero than FSN's format (which ended up being more faction-heavy for some reason) and Extra (pure tournament).

That said, we can also teach you stuff if there isn't time for that (I know you always seem to have schoolwork to do fsr and then there's your extracurriculars...). Either way, I don't recommend going into this blind.

Also, to keep me from being on the fence, I'm gonna switch to Servant.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow, I recommend getting some knowledge of the Fate universe before seriously signing up. Start with Fate/zero at the very least, since this RP is more likely to be akin to Zero than FSN's format (which ended up being more faction-heavy for some reason) and Extra (pure tournament).

That said, we can also teach you stuff if there isn't time for that (I know you always seem to have schoolwork to do fsr and then there's your extracurriculars...). Either way, I don't recommend going into this blind.

Which is why my Opinion and Knowledge about it is like that, I was aware. However, I will do some research on the matter, does it matter if I look at the Wiki or read the actual novel itself?

I still have one week of break left, so I will be able to do some research.

Yeah I'll go the wiki, since I've heard Zero has blood.

Reading the wiki will get tedious pretty quick though, and you'll be led into links that don't make sense without context for a lot of the information. Zero's a nice way to build up a basic knowledge without having to read walls and walls of text, but since it has blood I'm not sure you'd watch it as you've indicated.

I would recommend the old 2006 stay night but that was so horrible and the animation is so bad that I don't think anyone would want to watch it.

Reading the wiki will get tedious pretty quick though, and you'll be led into links that don't make sense without context for a lot of the information. Zero's a nice way to build up a basic knowledge without having to read walls and walls of text, but since it has blood I'm not sure you'd watch it as you've indicated.

I would recommend the old 2006 stay night but that was so horrible and the animation is so bad that I don't think anyone would want to watch it.

I see. Is there a visual novel version of Zero?

Fate/Zero was originally a novel, and you can find a translation of it here if you'd like to try that. I haven't read it so I can't speak to how good the translation is though.

EDIT: oh lol, I had the page open before I saw your post

Edited by roymbrog

Fate/Zero was originally a novel, and you can find a translation of it here if you'd like to try that. I haven't read it so I can't speak to how good the translation is though.

EDIT: oh lol, I had the page open before I saw your post

Ah okay. I will read that then.

No VN's for Zero, but the anime was constructed off of the F/Z light novels which I'm sure you can find around.

Thanks.

Yeah I'll go the wiki, since I've heard Zero has blood.

Just as a disclaimer(since not aware if it's just visible blood that is your issue and not descriptors) fate tends to be kinda violent. There will be a lot of fighting between characters, and bleeding and death will be a thing. Just thought I'd throw it out there just in case(again unaware of circumstances)

Just as a disclaimer(since not aware if it's just visible blood that is your issue and not descriptors) fate tends to be kinda violent. There will be a lot of fighting between characters, and bleeding and death will be a thing. Just thought I'd throw it out there just in case(again unaware of circumstances)

Are we talking about the anime here or what. I get what you're saying though.