Finally got one

It wasn't easy to obtain and sure as hell wasn't cheap but I've got one.

Finally got my copy of FE Path of Radiance delivered in the mail today. What can I say I'm ecstatic as both a FE fan and newfound collector to finally have this. Copy came with the box and manuel in mint condition. I'll be playing the hell out of this up to Christmas my first run being on normal. So far (just started Ch5) I'm really liking Ike in this game along with Titania, Soren, and Boyd. While I always generally knew the story of PoR its good to finally get into the nitty gritty of it with Ike and his interactions with his father and his coming of age.

I was lucky...kinda with shipping and handling from amazon it cost me about $95 for a copy with everything in it. Most of the ones on the market right now just come with the disc for $100 but I figured if I was paying that much I might as well get the box with the manual.

Yeah, I had a similar thing.

I only got Path of Radiance recently. I already knew the storyline but I agree, it was good to get into the finer details.

Good for you.

Yeah I'm actually surprised how much I didn't know. Like I know Soren was always kinda cold but damn in this game he's like we're mercs we do what we want hand over Elincia. But some things are still consistent like Shinon still being a dick.

Well supply and demand takes over. There's very little supply and some demand which drives prices up.

Pretty crazy, as red fox said, that I could sell it for twice the amount I bought it around the time it came out. Game is too special to me to do that.

Well supply and demand takes over. There's very little supply and some demand which drives prices up.

Pretty crazy, as red fox said, that I could sell it for twice the amount I bought it around the time it came out. Game is too special to me to do that.

Yeah I got both PoR and RD at launch, the fact I could sell both for like 100$ each if I wanted is crazy.

Oh, great that you finally got your hands on Ike's debut adventure! ^^ PoR was my first FE game since I was lucky enough to find a copy of it in a GameStop for $30 back in 09. I wanted it really bad after reading about it and playing Ike in Brawl. And of course, I fell in love with it!

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it a lot too, Taco. :3 Kieran is my favorite character in the game besides Ike, just wait until you get him! He is funny as hell, is a great unit (the best Paladin in the game, if you ask me), and he just has a lovable personality all around. His supports with Rhys and Marcia are lol too.

I was one of the lucky ones to get it when it came out...

Enjoy it, which I'm sure you will. Warning: You will probably tear up at Greil's death scene, judging from your OP, you're close to it...I did and I knew it was coming due to accidentally seeing spoilers.

I don't know anyone to tear up at it if only because the voice acting was awful

You sir have no heart.

You're entitled to think that the voice acting was bad, I disagree...I mean the BK was hard to understand, but...other than that the scene was well done. And tragic. This coming from someone who's heartstrings were pulled by Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, when the player and partner are sent into exile...

I'm a crier. Don't judge me.

I didn't think the voice acting was excellent, but I felt that it was decent enough to get the point of the scene across. I teared up too at Greil's death scene. I felt so bad for poor Ike, especially when he said he couldn't even cry! I wanted to shed a tear for him. :(

RD had better voices, imo. Except for Mist's, wtf happened there. It got even more high-pitched and squeaky than in PoR. o_O

It's a shame you opened them.

It was already unsealed when I got it sides I wanted to actually play the game.

Oh, great that you finally got your hands on Ike's debut adventure! ^^ PoR was my first FE game since I was lucky enough to find a copy of it in a GameStop for $30 back in 09. I wanted it really bad after reading about it and playing Ike in Brawl. And of course, I fell in love with it!

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it a lot too, Taco. :3 Kieran is my favorite character in the game besides Ike, just wait until you get him! He is funny as hell, is a great unit (the best Paladin in the game, if you ask me), and he just has a lovable personality all around. His supports with Rhys and Marcia are lol too.

Yeah its a blast to play through a core FE mechanics game with no arena limited EXP and such and the story is great too.

I was one of the lucky ones to get it when it came out...

Enjoy it, which I'm sure you will. Warning: You will probably tear up at Greil's death scene, judging from your OP, you're close to it...I did and I knew it was coming due to accidentally seeing spoilers.

And yes I did :*( the feels were real.

Edit: and Loki yes this game is a rare find now in days unfortunately. Not only is it two generations old but it was released toward the end of the GC's life and since it didn't sell well the print time was short. I'm glad I could find one in the condition its in this late in the game.

Edited by TacoMan42

Thats mad. I guess im just lucky i got that shit when it launched. There wasnt a Gamestop in town yet, only this privately owned game store. I remember going there and nabbing PoR on my break when at work. (i got RD for Christmas the year it was released)

I dunno, i used to see PoR a lot in Gamestops and stuff.

Thats mad. I guess im just lucky i got that shit when it launched. There wasnt a Gamestop in town yet, only this privately owned game store. I remember going there and nabbing PoR on my break when at work. (i got RD for Christmas the year it was released)

Yeah I was the same way with RD got that Christmas of that year. Its unfortunate games like PoR are rare now in days.

Yeah, but now remember that PS2/GCN games are pulled from Gamestop.

Still shouldnt cost stupid amounts of money to get a PS2/Cube game off amazon.

Shit happens when demand is higher than supply. It really depends on the game, anyway. Like, the original Wind Waker only costs about $25 used on Amazon, but that's a Zelda game. Fire Emblem games didn't get a ton of distribution, but they're also the kinds of games people are more likely to want to keep and, today, have sort of become collector's items as the series gets more popular, so old games rise in price.