QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first three pokemon gens, some songs, my high school, the really nice neighborhood where I used to live.

oh and ragnarok online

Edited by Nobody

I seem to get most of my nostalgia from sights and sounds, I've never felt nostalgia from smell

But like being in a location that I used to frequent but don't anymore, or went to like once or twice but it felt significant enough for me to remember... Seeing them again sends huge waves of nostalgia.

Sounds, mostly. Hearing old songs or video games being played. But reading can, too. Reading things from when I was younger. One of the reasons I keep logs is for nostalgia. I'm sentimental.

Oh yeah, reading things from the past does it for me too.

music, particularly Nirvana. my dad used to drive me around and we'd listen to their mtv unplugged album over and over. "smells like teen spirit" is still one of my favorite songs. kurt <3

metallica, ah metallica, brings me back to those days as a kid playing kh: chain of memories. not a good band, but they are now part of my nostalgic memories.

post-'80s metallica isn't good, but their '80s stuff is still highly regarded in non-metal circles, especially Master of Puppets. no one wants to read a Metal Nerd On The Internet rambling on about old metal vs. new metal, so i'll just say MoP mostly holds up imo

I'm not sure if I have that much nostalgia for the things themselves. Like, if I play Mario 3, which is the first video game I ever played, it's more like "ok playing a really great game, this is good." But if I experience them with other people, or just talk about them, I get really nostalgic.

Actually, Earthbound and Mother 3 made me feel really nostalgic sometimes. I think Mother 3 made me feel nostalgic the first time I played it.

Few things.

Candles! Incense too. The scents remind me of a simpler time and are just so relaxing~

Few games, SSBM, Kingdom Hearts 2 and FF12 over all else. Kingdom Hearts 2 was the first game I ever beat entirely on my own, with no outside assistants or guides or such, at the young age of 5. Most stuff on the GC or GBA qualifies too, because I was born in the same year the GC came out (2001). Not only the GC/GBA, but especially the N64 and SNES.

Some of Nirvana's music, and other musical artists as well.

Edited by Draco

Certain albums, and a lot of n64, gameboy, ps2 and gba music

Also when I notice people online who I used to talk to but never do anymore appear on steam/skype, but that almost gets me a little more sad than nostalgic

Edited by Alb

"Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not..."

Music. Alternatively, classic video games. Including but limited to, the game where that quote came from

music, particularly Nirvana. my dad used to drive me around and we'd listen to their mtv unplugged album over and over. "smells like teen spirit" is still one of my favorite songs. kurt <3

post-'80s metallica isn't good, but their '80s stuff is still highly regarded in non-metal circles, especially Master of Puppets. no one wants to read a Metal Nerd On The Internet rambling on about old metal vs. new metal, so i'll just say MoP mostly holds up imo

i like a handful of songs from each of their albums, up to (including) the black album, and one or two from death magnetic and load. i've just never been a fan of thrash, so i could never get into metallica. of all the genres i enjoy, i'm most certainly the pickiest with metal haha. my younger bro loves them though, except for st. anger and reload of course.

Lots of smells, musics, flavours, and etc.

Final Fantasy IV and VI's soundtracks come to mind in particular. Monster Hunter Tri (the whole package, not just the ost) too.

sarah mclachlan's first two albums

enya's 'watermark' album hardcore

city of heroes ;~;

and the board game wiz war

Old moves.

The John Ford crew.

The rat pack.

American Food.

Italian, Greek, German, American-Chinese, and French food.

Pokemon.

The DC animated Universe.

Overman King Gainer

DC comics Pre-New 52.

Marvel Comics Pre-Infinity

Ken Sugimori Pokemon artwork.

Guys and Dolls with Sinatra and Brando

The Big O

Windows 95, 98, and XP.

Non-CG animation

Superhero movies, that weren't batman/spiderman/superman, that were crap.

Leonard Nimoy

Transformers Energon/Armada/Cybertron

Fantasia

Martial Arts

Alligators

Oh and this big old Statue of a BALD EAGLE CARVED OUT OF MARBLE.

And this 49 star flag that my dad has.

''The flow of time is always cruel.. its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days.''

Mainly music, certain video games like Ocarina of time, Banjo-Tooie, Gauntlet 64 and others. Certain smells and flavours as well. Movies and books can also cause it.

Edited by LuxSpes