QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my schools.

Elementary-Middle cause my brother still goes there and I go to visit teachers

High because my favorite hobby every year was making friends with the new freshmen, who still remember me when I go back there to visit the Academic team that I helped lead to one of its first trophies in years. Also I was the only guy to leave cracks in a brick wall during an accident inclduing his face (at this school anyway), and nobody had seen a tooth bend at a 90 degree angle.

University because I'm Freshman-chan, the mascot of the anime club who also cross-dresses for various occasions, as well as former president of the Asian Culture Club, and various other things (Like being a play-by-play commentator for a Super Smash night. That was super duper fun.)

School's a boring answer, so I'll say some of my local stores that I frequent enough. And, I suppose I am a veteran enough here that Nightmare's answer of SF is also true to some extent.

The regulars of balfolk in the Netherlands, Antwerp and Ghent all know me. And then there's the therapy group. And the lady in the shop at a certain train station knows me. That's about it, now that I don't have an easy answer like "my school".

it's the boring answer for me: the department of biomedical, industrial, and human factors engineering.

though a local microbrewery is getting there...

The Starbucks near my workplace, a small diner near my workplace (They know my parents very well, too.), and my workplace itself.

Edited by Esme

There are a fair number of commercial establishments where I am known, but there are few where my name is known afaik. One exception is my local pharmacy. At least some ppl there know my last name as it is rather distinct. There is probably no school I have attended where everyone knew my name, but in HS a lot of ppl knew me by my last name. I think everyone on my swim team knew my name, though I didnt know all of theirs. I dont think everyone in my current academic program knows my name.

Most or all rad techs at the hospitals I work at know my name. I think.

Edited by Severlan

Well it's kinda hard for me with my name since it's something most people think it's a nickname to any K name like Katherine or something of the sort. Besides my house though, I guess SF is the next closest thing!

In the realm of Bravely Default

Back in the day, it would be my schools, but nowadays I'd doubt there's be enough people around who remember me - it's been years, after all.

If we're counting screen-names and stuff, maybe on my realm in WoW (it's a sparsely populated one)? Certain forum sites (not this one though)?

Edited by Interest

In my history class this semester, oh god I'm that kid.

Or the sushi place across the street from my university. 4evr

Well maybe not caring about everything is a bit too harsh of a thing, this is in retrospect from last night. I also realized I contradicted myself pretty heavily by saying/assuming things would get done by not caring. However if there was a bare necessity option where I would only have to worry about one or two friends, family, and getting by for the next day, I'd honestly choose that than having to care about a bunch of hurtful things like pride, wealth, career, popularity and whatnot, which I really do currently care about, which harms me in the long run.

That being said, whether people would like me or not, or if I liked myself or not, it wouldn't matter, because I wouldn't care, now would it?

Edited by Maji

Uhh... nowhere, really. Not even at school. Most of my friends usually don't even refer to me by name. Usually they're just like "Hey, come over here."

Soo... yeah. Nowhere. Not even places I frequent; the people working there recognize me and sometimes start conversations with me, but they've never learned my name.

what skill would you most like to pick up, then?

mods, petition that "learning new skills" be a suspendable offense

Fine. Existing skill: Reading people (in person). Apparently Non-existing skill: Magick.

Q446: Where is the place everybody knows your name?

Outside of your own home, is there some place where you're specifically known/remembered?

KHV, another forum. I am the forum antichrist there.