Characters who are especially fun to use?

isetrh

I'm starting my first run of this game, on Chapter 13. Are there any particular characters you guys enjoy using? I don't care how strong they are since it's Eliwood Normal. I've trained Lyn, Sain, and Florina a lot, and put a few levels on Matthew, Lucius, Nils (lv 7 for Gaiden), Eliwood, and Rebecca. I plan to recruit everyone... except maybe Karla. I was thinking it would be fun to use someone of every weapon type so I can use all the S rank weapons, so that means Canas.

Axe users are the most fun to use on easier modes because their low speed doesn't matter as much, and when they double their high strength results in them destroying enemies. So units like Dart, Dorcas, and Bartre will all be really good (Dart especially due to the crit bonus).

Jaffar and Guy and crit units in general are fun too (Jaffar isn't technically a crit unit but WHATEVER)

This got a lot of responses! Thanks!

The popular ones seem to be Dart, Canas, Isadora, Jaffar, and Dorcas. I looked up the ones I'm less familiar with, and I can see wht you like them. I think I'll go with this:

Eliwood x Ninian

Lyn x Florina

Sain x Isadora

Lucius x Priscilla

Rebecca x Dart

Nino x Jaffar

Canas x Legault

Went over twelve units. There are still a lot more I want to use, but that's what multiple playthroughs are for.

The popular ones seem to be Dart, Canas, Isadora, Jaffar, and Dorcas. I looked up the ones I'm less familiar with, and I can see wht you like them. I think I'll go with this:

Eliwood x Ninian

Lyn x Florina

Sain x Isadora

Lucius x Priscilla

Rebecca x Dart

Nino x Jaffar

Canas x Legault

Went over twelve units. There are still a lot more I want to use, but that's what multiple playthroughs are for.

Canas and Legault can't support.

Also, the gaiden that you went out of your way to get Nils to level 7 for... Is inaccessible in Eliwood mode.

Eliwood x Ninian

Lyn x Florina

Sain x Isadora

Lucius x Priscilla

Rebecca x Dart

Nino x Jaffar

Canas x Legault

you can also do SainxFLorina, and RebeccaxNino.

Hell, Canasxnino exists too

Um, why are you mentioning Sain/Florina when it doesn't exist?

Sorry I didn't see these posts until now. I didn't expect any more people to post.

Canas and Legault can't support.

Also, the gaiden that you went out of your way to get Nils to level 7 for... Is inaccessible in Eliwood mode.

Gah, mixed up Renault and Legault. Nino x Canas, Jaffar x whichever Thief I decide I like better. Fixed.

Didn't have to grind much anyway. He was already pretty close just by playing every turn.

I was thinking about Rebecca x Nino at first, but I want to give everyone an A support so Dart needs Rebecca. I have several playthroughs ahead of me before anything resembling HHM efficiency, so I'll do that pair another playthrough. This time Canas x Nino.

Raven. His character is boring but dem bases.

Most of all, HEATH.

I think I'm going to save recruitable enemies for when I play the Hard modes so they get their bonuses, so on my third playthrough I'll try out Raven.

Heath seems pretty great too. I will probably use him when I play HNM after this.

I find it a little annoying how a lot of characters support with characters of the same class. It's cool when it's two Cavs or two Pegs, but using two Archers or two Fighters on the same playthrough is a different matter.

I think I'm going to save recruitable enemies for when I play the Hard modes so they get their bonuses, so on my third playthrough I'll try out Raven.

Heath seems pretty great too. I will probably use him when I play HNM after this.

I find it a little annoying how a lot of characters support with characters of the same class. It's cool when it's two Cavs or two Pegs, but using two Archers or two Fighters on the same playthrough is a different matter.

Uh, yeah, as to that, recruitable enemies only get bonuses to their stats on HHM.

I kinda agree. It's even worse when neither of the units in question is good.

Uh, yeah, as to that, recruitable enemies only get bonuses to their stats on HHM.

I derped again. I guess I'll just use them whenever.

Tiki, Robin and Catria.

Sounds solid. I'll train them all to 20/20/20 and Second Seal them to Dark Fliers.

Marcus's amazingness was not exaggerated. I can't pit him on the front lines because no one else would get any exp. Base Oswin could almost pass for a Jeigan himself minus the low move.

You should use Mareeta, Othin and Carion, they're beastly in combat. Lifis is fun if you get lucky with his Con growth so he can steal more enemy weapons.

You could have Marcus rescue a filler unit, which should reduce his speed enough that he doesn't double and kill enemies. Oswin is a better Jeigan because he does this naturally :)

You should use Mareeta, Othin and Carion, they're beastly in combat. Lifis is fun if you get lucky with his Con growth so he can steal more enemy weapons.

You could have Marcus rescue a filler unit, which should reduce his speed enough that he doesn't double and kill enemies. Oswin is a better Jeigan because he does this naturally :)

Con growth? What sorcery is this?

I didn't think of that. The units I'm training are already starting to surpass him though. Sain got to level 20 tanking Fargus's pirates and promoted. Marcus is now demoted to Merlinus's guard. It's nice that Marcus and Oswin are strong enough to last the whole game, even though I'm not planning to use them that long. I've mostly played Awakening, and Fred and Kellam have stupidly early falling off points.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite characters from this game is Lucius. Sure, saying he's a glass cannon is actually understating how piss-poor his durability is, but with decent MAG+SPD growths, he becomes an offensive force quickly.

I also love his C staves upon promotion. This allows the player to promote him earlier than one would most units, and with his good growth in MAG he's a pretty good staff user.

Lucius or Serra is a must. If you're willing to put the effort into training her, I recommend Nino, but she takes a lot of patience. Use all the Pegasus Sisters for triangle attack. If you'd rather use Lucius, use Priscilla instead of Serra for healing, and support both of them with Raven. Usually Lucius>Serra, but you might have a RNG blessed Serra from Lyn Mode. Check against her average stats. Serra has better speed and can dodge better, but Lucius has better magic than her and can hit harder. However, Lucius has the worst defense in the game, so it might be a risk. If you want to use both, they can support each other, so it's up to you.

Heath is also definitely a good unit. Rebecca is excellent and she can dodge pretty much everything and crit every other turn. You can support her with Lowen, who has amazing defense and HP, thought he might need help in strength. Just stick her behind him and watch the crits. Also use Jaffar, just to watch and laugh when Silencer activates.

Edited by PanneKnight