The meaning of "If"?

Ryo

Does anyone have a theory on what the "If" could symbolize/indicate? It's definitely a strange name for a game. Like "Awakening", there must be a meaning behind it too, or several meanings. What do you think?

Could it be referring to the fact that you can make "big choices that affect the world"? Or something else?

Could it be referring to the fact that you can make "big choices that affect the world"? Or something else?

Pretty much what I figured. It sounds like they'll really focus on lots of alternate endings, the way Iwata was emphasising the impact of decisions- and it seems like it won't just be a multiple choice text option like:

'What do you do with Ned Stark? '

>Behead

>Pardon

but rather things like the different paths we get in FE6 for visiting a different village. Maybe even hopefully, lots of hidden pathways through the game.

Its because of the amount of choices the narrative will give players, or so the trailer and news say. So i guess "If" means "what if you chose this?" etc. I think its clever in its simplicity. The English title will likely not be If, but something like Fire Emblem: Reconciliation or some junk.

Didn't Shin Megami Tensei name a game "If..."? Possible referance to crossover, maybe? HOPEFULLY?!

I'd find it if they made straight out reference to a spin-off crossover game in a main series game. Though it would be nice to have some news concerning that game.

And I saw some people joking that IF is for 'Important Feet'