FE14's Music vs Awakening's

TheCaptain

So by watching the trailer, it is clear this new game's music will have a completely different musical vibe. This is especially clear in two points: right in the beginning (where the eastern influence is evident) and right when the FE theme plays as they begin to show the gameplay. Compared to Awakening, the music seemed more dynamic and intense than Awakening's more grand and slightly slower style of music. What are your thoughts and opinions on this music? I personally love the new FE theme for this game, it sounds amazing, and that's what really makes me to want to watch the trailer again and again.

1 song does not an OST make, if you showed me Xenoblade's battle theme like the first trailer, I wouldn't have believed it to be one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

That being said the song is beautiful for this game and more japanese inspiration would be interesting. The second song they showed was really catchy too, those oboes are amazing.

I like the music so far, but it's still a little bit too early to compare FE14's music with Awakening's. I guess we'll have to wait for the next trailer/informational video.

I always felt that Awakening's music was rather calm, despite the battlefield setting. It was cool for the music to grow louder and more energetic when you enter battle though.

I hope they bring that transition back to FE14.

I agree entirely with ???, but like OP I was still pretty impressed with the music the trailer had and I really hope there's more like it in the actual game.

I am in complete hype mode.

1 song does not an OST make, if you showed me Xenoblade's battle theme like the first trailer, I wouldn't have believed it to be one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

That being said the song is beautiful for this game and more japanese inspiration would be interesting. The second song they showed was really catchy too, those oboes are amazing.

Xenoblade's kinda different since it had quite a few people on its OST.

Uh... Hacking what, exactly? We don't have a game or demo of this to hack.

Anyway, I really liked what I heard in the trailer, so I have good hopes that this game's soundtrack will be amazing!

It seems to be shaping up nicely as long as they have the main theme and bring back together we ride for recruitment damnit! Although I loved Awakening's music I think it'll be hard to top.

Or maybe instead of Together We Ride we get a recruitment theme that shows what the defecting character is, what he/she stands for, what he/she has to lose through defecting, and through whatever hardships he/she may face as a result, that he/she will not back down from risking his/her life to join your side in strong resolve.

Or better yet, an entire soundtrack that elegantly encapsulates the tone of the conflict at hand through tone, tempo, lyrics and time as a means of conveying the true nature of the game's themes whilst giving attention to the current action on-screen in the knowledge of what the game's true underlying philosophy is.

There you go: a template for a good soundtrack. We've got a freaking formula for it.

It seems to be shaping up nicely as long as they have the main theme and bring back together we ride for recruitment damnit! Although I loved Awakening's music I think it'll be hard to top.

I always felt that Together We Ride was part of FE7's style though haha. Together We Ride in an orchestral style... it's a little bit hard to imagine. But then again, I heard a kazoo and banjo rendition of that recruitment theme and both were rather nice.

I just noticed this after watching the trailer (for the 27th time) but there seem to be bagpipes in the trailer, which was rather nice. (If they weren't bagpipes, I apologize. I'm kinda hard of hearing.) Awakening's thing was accordions so maybe this time it's bagpipes? Haha, I guess we'll have to wait and see again.

I really want to know who is composing for this game. I am actually in love with the main theme. It's just...I cannot put my finger on it, but I love it.... And I would love it if the rest of the soundtrack was just as awesome as the main theme in the trailer!

(Also:

Everyone else in the FE fandom: Who is the dancer?

Me: Who is the composer?)

I always felt that Together We Ride was part of FE7's style though haha. Together We Ride in an orchestral style... it's a little bit hard to imagine. But then again, I heard a kazoo and banjo rendition of that recruitment theme and both were rather nice.

I just noticed this after watching the trailer (for the 27th time) but there seem to be bagpipes in the trailer, which was rather nice. (If they weren't bagpipes, I apologize. I'm kinda hard of hearing.) Awakening's thing was accordions so maybe this time it's bagpipes? Haha, I guess we'll have to wait and see again.

Hell they could just use the FE7 melody but with higher quality and I'd be content. I mean it was the theme I associated Fire Emblem with when I first heard it in Melee. Its almost kinda like what the World 1-1 theme to Super Mario Bros is in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, based off the one song I've heard so far, it sounds all well and good. I kinda hope they do more with the music during the fight animations this time around.

I liked how Awakening's map and battle music blended with each other. I'd say the soundtrack was definitely one of Awakening's strong points, and wouldn't mind the return of a similar style.

Not exactly relevant to the topic, but I wonder if the track that was played during Iwata's demonstration of FE14 in the Direct also part of its soundtrack? I never heard it again for the rest of the Direct when he talked about other stuffs. I really like that particular track, it has a unique Japanese feel to it.

Edited by Ryo

That'd actually be awesome if that song was one of the themes for something minor, like the barracks. Its calming, I like it. I'm not sure it'd work as well in combat if they did include it.

However, I pray that they change the theme during the enemy phase during Streetpass battles to whatever track plays during your phase. I really don't care much for the songs that play during the enemy phase. Its just my personal gripe. So far, the music seems pretty good and I doubt they'll mess it up.

That'd actually be awesome if that song was one of the themes for something minor, like the barracks. Its calming, I like it. I'm not sure it'd work as well in combat if they did include it.

I think it's suited for the main menu or something outside of battle as well.

That was a leitmotif that showed up in a bunch of songs, but it wasn't variations on those two songs.

EDIT: No different than Eternal Bonds and FE10.

Edited by Lord Raven