FE8 Draft

Blaze The Great

Just a typical FE8 Draft. This draft is for 4(?) players, maybe only 3 if I am told that would be better. It would be played on Difficult Mode. Comment if you want to be a part of it.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Snake Drafting(1234432112344...)
3. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.
4. Seth is banned from all use.
5. The game will be played on Difficult Mode.

6. 5x is free for turns, enjoy it.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops, Villages and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests, with an exception being if it is impossible for you to open it any other way. Similarly if it is literally impossible for you to keep units out of combat they may face combat, but you will receive a large penalty if they fought back.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.
6. Amelia may be elevated to 10/1 and Ewan may be elevated to 10/5 in the tower.
7: burning an rn to complete the prologue in 2 turns brings shame on me and on your entire family

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter.
3. An undrafted unit opens a door/chest will be a 3 turn penalty per opening.
4. An undrafted unit faces combat and attacks/does not attack is a 1 turn penalty per battle.
5. An undrafted unit kills an enemy will result in a 5 turn penalty per chapter.

Units selected:
Blaze: Vanessa, Joshua, Natasha, Gerik, Marisa, Ewan, L'Arachel
Marty: Franz, Artur, Forde, Duessel, Syrene, Amelia, Dozla
MJ: Tana, Kyle, Garcia, Moulder, Neimi, Innes, Rennac
Carmine: Lute, Gilliam, Cormag, Ross, Colm, Saleh, Knoll

Edited by Blaze The Great

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll want four players. That being said, you didn't state whether or not you wanted to be part of the draft. . .and there's no rules, either. Whether I join or not will depend on both of those.

The order for the draft is as follows:

Blaze, Marty, MJ, Carmine, Carmine, MJ, Marty, Blaze, Blaze and so on

Do we want to start drafting tonight? Otherwise we probably need to wait until Thursday.

Edited by Blaze The Great

Welp. I don't think I have much chance of winning now.

I'm busy for the rest of the day, so tomorrow or Thursday would be preferable for me.

What route though? How much people want Cormag or Duessel is kind of route dependent.

I want Gilliam and Lute.

EDIT: If MJ picks one of those two, I'll take Artur.

hold it I was next and u skip me, let me think first before ur next

ill pick Tana and Kyle

Edited by MJThom_2009

Most FE8 drafts allow people to choose which route they want to go to, which generally means that the first three people (Vanessa, Franz, Tana) go to Eirika route because it's normally faster and the fourth person is screwed unless they get Cormag, Duessel, and a good warper and then do Ephraim route, and even then they'll probably lose unless they play better than the people ahead of them.

That's kind of just how it is, and the fact that there are only so many different teams with which you can viably win assuming a relatively equal skill level is why drafting kind of died out over the last year. If you look at draft choices in the very first few drafts (in the second ever FE7 draft I first-picked Priscilla) and then draft choices a year later, they'd evolved and improved greatly, as people became more experienced and realized which characters were more useful, and also just became better at playing. Then if you look at them a year after that, they were more or less the same. People played through mostly all the choices and got bored.

Most FE8 drafts allow people to choose which route they want to go to, which generally means that the first three people (Vanessa, Franz, Tana) go to Eirika route because it's normally faster and the fourth person is screwed unless they get Cormag, Duessel, and a good warper and then do Ephraim route, and even then they'll probably lose unless they play better than the people ahead of them.

That's kind of just how it is, and the fact that there are only so many different teams with which you can viably win assuming a relatively equal skill level is why drafting kind of died out over the last year. If you look at draft choices in the very first few drafts (in the second ever FE7 draft I first-picked Priscilla) and then draft choices a year later, they'd evolved and improved greatly, as people became more experienced and realized which characters were more useful, and also just became better at playing. Then if you look at them a year after that, they were more or less the same. People played through mostly all the choices and got bored.

man that topic was the best, I picked RAVEN and ELIWOOD round 1 and everyone was like GG HORACE WINS and this was before I was known for being good at drafts

But yeah FE8's really an unfourtunate game to draft. Even the disparity between Vanessa and Franz is pretty big IMO.