Regarding the canon of their own games, who is the most powerful Smash character?

Jave

been thinking about falcon, isn't the anime not canon? i remember someone saying that earlier.

F-Zero follows a strange lore that not many people know about but there are considered two different chronological timelines. Notably the game timeline and the anime timeline. They're considered different universes though.

Basically F-Zero started in the year 2560 with merchants, other institutions and criminals gather around to collect prize monies and awards. 3 Years later the unfortunate F-Zero Grand Prix accident happened and the games were shut down temporarily causing an influx of racers to die. 7 Years after, they reestablished the F-Zero X grand prix. F-Zero GX takes place in the year 2571. F-Zero Maximum Velocity was the year 2585.

The anime starts off in the year 2051 with Ryu Suzaku a Policeman who got into an accident chasing the criminal Zoda and was reawakened by Dr. Steward and Jody Summers in the year 2201. The main story is basically Ryu's struggle of the years he lost through those 150 years and up to the point where he earns the title of the Falcon hence the subtitle name, "Legend of the Falcon". The anime spans about 6 years for all the 51 episodes. The anime changes a lot of the personalities and the characteristics of the F-Zero universe so it's a completely different kind of reincarnation but it still retains a lot of the original idea behind the lore of the characters. The Captain Falcon in this one is a completely different person and it is not associated with any games other than F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Climax. I would like go in more depth about the anime version of Falcon but I don't feel comfortable spoiling it.

Regardless though the Captain Falcon you see in the smash bros games is nothing like in the anime or the games. Falcon is essentially your stereotypical silent hero type of archetype. He assesses situations carefully, sneaks around during his bounties, a bit cocky at times in his race interviews and in the original F-Zero comics but is very careful with his actions. Unlike in the smash bros where everyone depicts him as some crazy all out kamen raider.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, then.

SS Tier

- Shulk

- Kirby

S Tier

- Rosalina

- Ganondorf

- Mewtwo

- Pit

- Palutena

A Tier

- Sonic

- Ness

- Lucas

- Zelda

- Mario

- Bowser

- Link / Toon Link

- Pac-Man

- Donkey Kong

- Luigi

B Tier

- Robin

- Samus / Zero Suit Samus

- Lucario

- Ike

- Marth

- Lucina

- Pikachu

- Mega Man

- Little Mac

C/D Tier

Everyone else probably goes here. Can't really think of many differences for all these characters, but we can give it a shot.

E Tier

Wii Fit Trainer (No, I don't think she's above Villager)

I'm just gonna throw this out there if Little Mac is at the bottom of B being a boxer and all shouldn't Captain Falcon also be up there? I mean he is a bounty hunter, ripped as all hell, knows how to fight equally as well if not better. That Falcon Punch though. Oh and just imagine how much speed and coordination it takes to race at the speed of sound....and win....twice.

I'm just gonna throw this out there if Little Mac is at the bottom of B being a boxer and all shouldn't Captain Falcon also be up there? I mean he is a bounty hunter, ripped as all hell, knows how to fight equally as well if not better. That Falcon Punch though. Oh and just imagine how much speed and coordination it takes to race at the speed of sound....and win....twice.

I would say he's only equivalent to B tier at most. Yes he did defeat "the creator" of the universe in F-Zero GX but the creator was a pathetic opponent in the entire F-Zero series and he was really easy to defeat in Story Mode.

He only used the Falcon Punch once in the anime and that explosion was not caused by him but rather the reactor mite machine being built by Black Shadow. As much as I like Captain Falcon, canonically he's not anywhere A or S tier.

I would say he's only equivalent to B tier at most. Yes he did defeat "the creator" of the universe in F-Zero GX but the creator was a pathetic opponent in the entire F-Zero series and he was really easy to defeat in Story Mode.

He only used the Falcon Punch once in the anime and that explosion was not caused by him but rather the reactor mite machine being built by Black Shadow. As much as I like Captain Falcon, canonically he's not anywhere A or S tier.

Yeah I know that I'm just saying if Little Mac is in B tier then the Cap should be on the same level if not slightly higher. If nothing else just look at the dude he's in peak physical condition and obviously knows his way around a fight being a bounty hunter and all taking down all sorts of interstellar and alien criminals. Meanwhile Little Mac while a beast in his own right is a champion boxer on Earth.

Edited by TacoMan42

Yeah I know that I'm just saying if Little Mac is in B tier then the Cap should be on the same level if not slightly higher. If nothing else just look at the dude he's in peak physical condition and obviously knows his way around a fight being a bounty hunter and all taking down all sorts of interstellar and alien criminals. Meanwhile Little Mac while a beast in his own right is a champion boxer on Earth.

The thing is, everyone in the F-Zero universe is just as buff as he is. So I would not rule that as a factor.

Not to mention that Falcon was one of the victims in the large F-Zero accident that happened. Because of this, incident someone stole Falcon's DNA while he was hospitalized and that lead to Blood Falcon. So he's just as human as the rest of them.

Edited by kingddd

The thing is, everyone in the F-Zero universe is just as buff as he is. So I would not rule that as a factor.

Ok fair enought but that's kinda like saying the lightweight boxer kid is a champion. The Heavyweight boxer is a champion but everyone in the heavyweight class is just as buff as he is so he isn't as good as lightweight. I mean i guess I'm working under the assumption (since not alot is known in F-zero thanks Nintendo) that in the F-zero world which is far into the future, that people have figured out how to physically enhance themselves better. I'm also guessing most average people in that universe are not like the racers (just look at the interviewer). Still I think he is on the same level as Little Mac even if you just look at his feats in the games he's won intergalactic race tournaments twice and does bounty hunting on the side. Little Mac is a boxer who is a one time champion of a boxing tournament of one planet.

Bottom Line: Give us a damn F-zero game Nintendo.

Ok fair enought but that's kinda like saying the lightweight boxer kid is a champion. The Heavyweight boxer is a champion but everyone in the heavyweight class is just as buff as he is so he isn't as good as lightweight. I mean i guess I'm working under the assumption (since not alot is known in F-zero thanks Nintendo) that in the F-zero world which is far into the future, that people have figured out how to physically enhance themselves better. I'm also guessing most average people in that universe are not like the racers (just look at the interviewer). Still I think he is on the same level as Little Mac even if you just look at his feats in the games he's won intergalactic race tournaments twice and does bounty hunting on the side. Little Mac is a boxer who is a one time champion of a boxing tournament of one planet.

Bottom Line: Give us a damn F-zero game Nintendo.

Well I really meant to say nearly every racer in there is buffed.

But beside that everyone clamors about how much CF is a god hero character when he is really just good at what he does and that's it. The creators and writers like to hide on what Captain Falcon does on his own time because he's meant to be that mysterious bounty hunter that is not a very open to the general public unless it's necessary. Hell most Nintendo fans don't know his real name and he does have an official name. So it makes it a bit difficult to judge him canonically considering he's had many reincarnations and unfortunately the non-canon Captain Falcon reigns supreme in the minds of the Fans (imo).

Where do the space animals fit in? Their "powers" are clearly more about how well they pilot their vehicles than how well they can beat you up; do you count them only as being on foot with whatever weapons they might be carrying around? (in which case I'd say that the ridiculous essentially-a-blue-shell homing launcher from Assault should put him in a solid position)

Or do you say that they should only be carrying around the equipment that they "normally" do?

also could someone explain exactly why Mario is on a similar (or higher) level as the likes of Zelda / Link / Ike / Samus / etc? "OP transformations" which ones?

Edited by Euklyd

also could someone explain exactly why Mario is on a similar (or higher) level as the likes of Zelda / Link / Ike / Samus / etc? "OP transformations" which ones?

turning invisible, turning into solid metal, being able to fly, too.... also being able to throw fireballs. I never really thought about it but Mario is pretty powerful

Well I really meant to say nearly every racer in there is buffed.

But beside that everyone clamors about how much CF is a god hero character when he is really just good at what he does and that's it. The creators and writers like to hide on what Captain Falcon does on his own time because he's meant to be that mysterious bounty hunter that is not a very open to the general public unless it's necessary. Hell most Nintendo fans don't know his real name and he does have an official name. So it makes it a bit difficult to judge him canonically considering he's had many reincarnations and unfortunately the non-canon Captain Falcon reigns supreme in the minds of the Fans (imo).

Yeah I hear ya. That's all part of his character I don't think he's a god hero by any means (if any one fits that bill in the SSB roster itd be the likes of Link, Ike, and Pit). I kinda liken him to if batman was a future racer.

turning invisible, turning into solid metal, being able to fly, too.... also being able to throw fireballs. I never really thought about it but Mario is pretty powerful

Not to mention he has every occupation in the world. Doctor, Puzzle Solver, Archaelogist, Carpenter, Plumber, kart racer, President of a Toy company, Sport Titles, coaches and referees, had his own mansion before Luigi did (rich guy), rides and controls dinosaurs etc.

Luigi can do most of what Mario can though, so shouldn't he be up there too? Luigi can even do some things that Mario CAN'T, like a Super Jump that launches him so high he goes off the screen.

Luigi can do most of what Mario can though, so shouldn't he be up there too? Luigi can even do some things that Mario CAN'T, like a Super Jump that launches him so high he goes off the screen.

Both Mario and Luigi have access to almost the same powers and suits, which is why both are in the same tier. However Mario is higher because he is generally braver than Luigi and has been in more battles (Luigi was MIA in SMRPG, SM64 and Sunshine), not to mention FLUDD is overall more useful and powerful than Poltergust.

Both Mario and Luigi have access to almost the same powers and suits, which is why both are in the same tier. However Mario is higher because he is generally braver than Luigi and has been in more battles (Luigi was MIA in SMRPG, SM64 and Sunshine), not to mention FLUDD is overall more useful and powerful than Poltergust.

Yeah, I get this, it's just that people have been talking about Mario being higher or lower than character X, so I thought Luigi should be in a similar spot. :P

Don't forget that the Poltergust has been able to use fire, ice, and water as well though.

Luigi gets into so much shenanigans. Especially his adventures in the Waffle Kingdom. He accidentally burns and fries his partner Blooey, forced to be a bridal sacrifice to a two-headed snake which scarred Jerry, he destroyed an entire Kart Racing circuit which caused a huge money debt and Torque is only following him to reclaim his debt, forced to being an acting role of a grass in a theatre play. Seems like all his partners hate him.

Paper Luigi and the adventures in the Waffle Kingdom will never be a thing.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah, but I love Weegi all the same. <3 He's always been my favorite Nintendo character! Well, along with Ike these days, of course. :3

SPM Luigi is a complete badass though, he goes and attacks both Bowser AND Count Bleck just by himself in an attempt to save Peach! He's the one with the Super Jump ability too. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Played FE10 quite a bit myself, and I am almost certain that Yune blessed Ragnell (along with all the other weapons) again.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't Ragnell have carried Ashera's blessing anyway and not Yune's? Could Ike have even damaged Ashera using a weapon that she herself had blessed a long time ago?

Yes. Ragnell was one of Altina's swords from the OG fight with Yune ages ago. It carried Ashera's blessing. Lehran gave armor and Alondite to Zelgius (BK) and thats why Ragnell can damage him. Its implied the blessing faded from the armor, but not the weapons exactly. Yune simply puts her blessing on Ragnell so Ashera can be damaged. Ana, bit shocked on how little Tellius lore you know. :/

I saw this and immediatly notion villager to be in SSS tier all his own

8b9.jpg

oh my gods.

Mario has super jump in SMRPG though

He even has ultra jump

That's a little different from the jump Luigi has in SPM. Mario's jumping in SMRPG are just multiple jumps in a row on his target. Luigi's Super Jump lets him jump extremely high and when he comes down after that, I imagine it would make quite a bang.

In Sunshine, Mario can use the Rocket FLUDD to propel himself to the skies, then do a butt stomp of massive proportions [spoiler=Mario Sunshine near the end](which he uses to destroy the concrete bases of Bowser's hot tub hideout at the end of the game)

I feel like Mario is limited by most of his power-ups being inherently temporary and dependent on picking up the right item at the right time.

...FLUDD excluded (although running out of water is a thing I guess).

also as far as in-game powers go, Link should probably be higher just due to the magic armor :newyears: