Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not getting your meaning that the roster was bad with awful choices.

Did you want this game to be solely Fighting types? Not even Tekken itself has entirely fist/foot fighters.

I'd argue that other than Pikachu Libre (which I like but will concede that Hawlucha is probably better) the roster is completely perfect.

You have:

Pikachu, a beloved mascot.

Mewtwo, Lucario, and Charizard, three of the most beloved Pokemon of all time.

Gengar, the first Ghost and the fan chosen character.

Gardevoir and Sceptile, Pokemon from ORAS who have tons of fans. Both normal fans and ...other fans.

Suicune, the cover legend of Crystal and one of the most popular legends.

Machamp, Weavile, and now Hitmontop, all Pokemon who fit the setting perfectly.

and then Pikachu Libre, who I believe was popular in Korea?

Lack of anything Gen V or VI aside, this roster is pretty great. I think that Delphox would have been cool if not for Charizard and Blaziken taking any Fire niche. Maybe Barbaracle? And for Gen V, fingers crossed for Hydreigon or Haxorus.

Well, not everyone shares your opinion. You need to stop treating them like fact. This roster is mostly full of Pokemon that I don't like and think are shit. Also, nowhere did I say this game should be all Fighting types.

Pikachu Libre? I'd rather have Hawlucha. And we don't need two Pikachu.

Blaziken? I'd MUCH rather have Infernape.

Gardevoir? No thank you, Gallade is way cooler to me.

Charizard and Gengar are bad Pokemon to me too, but Charizard is Charizard and I don't know what I'd replace the latter with.

The rest except Suicune are just eh to me. Suicune is literally the ONLY Pokemon on this roster that I really like. I think this is the worst roster I've ever seen for a Fighting game and that's that.

Edited by Anacybele

A character will be unveiled on the 15th of this month. The clue this time is that the Pokémon's Japanese name includes the "ラ" character, which is "ra/la"

No list this time. I remember reading somewhere that Hitmontop was rumoured to be in this game. Its Japanese name has "ラ" in its name, so I'm guessing it's going to be Hitmontop

Crap, that means it still can't be Mawile (Kuchiito).

I'd be cool with Hitmontop, though. Definitely the best of the Hitmon Trio. His Spin Kicks would make for an awesome moveset.

Well, not everyone shares your opinion. You need to stop treating them like fact. This roster is mostly full of Pokemon that I don't like and think are shit. Also, nowhere did I say this game should be all Fighting types.

Pikachu Libre? I'd rather have Hawlucha. And we don't need two Pikachu.

Blaziken? I'd MUCH rather have Infernape.

Gardevoir? No thank you, Gallade is way cooler to me.

Charizard and Gengar are bad Pokemon to me too, but Charizard is Charizard and I don't know what I'd replace it with.

The rest except Suicune are just eh to me. Suicune is literally the ONLY Pokemon on this roster that I really like. I think this is the worst roster I've ever seen for a Fighting game and that's that.

Okay? I never said anything about your opinion, just that each choice was made based on certain decisions.

It's fine that you don't like them and want other things, but I will say that Gengar was again chosen by fans. There's really nothing that could be done. It and Pikachu were thus technically the only locks.

Gengar was chosen by fans on a Japanese Twitter poll conducted by the developers. Gengar was the most popular choice and so he was selected.

All 3 Gen 3 Starters would be kinda weird, but at this point it makes sense.

It'd be weirder to have just two of the starters though.

Personally, I'm hoping for Kangaskhan because Kangaskhan and the baby could make an interesting puppet character ala Rosalina.

It'd be weirder to have just two of the starters though.

Personally, I'm hoping for Kangaskhan because Kangaskhan and the baby could make an interesting puppet character ala Rosalina.

You and your puppet characters lol, but I agree, Kangaskhan would be pretty cool.

I'm still hoping we get Primeape eventually.

Gengar was chosen by fans on a Japanese Twitter poll conducted by the developers. Gengar was the most popular choice and so he was selected.

I had a feeling it was a Japan only thing. It pretty much always is even though Pokemon is extremely popular worldwide...

Gengar's one of my brother's favorite Pokemon, so I'm happy about it.

As a whole, I'd like some unconventional Pokemon after Hitmontop. Politoad? Bisharp? Ampharos?

Actually, my top want is Ampharos, but Delphox would also be cool. Maybe Blastoise or Swampert?

My top wants WERE Infernape, Lopunny, and Keldeo, but I think the only one that has any chance at this point is Lopunny. Blaziken and Lucario already bring what Infernape could, and Keldeo might feel unoriginal with Suicune already in there.

Lopunny is a Normal type which I don't think we have in the game yet. Maybe I can hope for Rapidash or Zebstrika. Rapidash is another Fire type, but eh...

Edited by Anacybele

I also think it's going to be Swampert, it fits, and so far we only got to bulky large characters in the game, Machamp and Charizard, and it's been a while since a bulky pokemon fighter has been revealed for Pokken.

Speaking of bulky fighters, Hydreigon also an interesting choice, and it has ra/la in it's name.

Then again, he may not be so bulky as Hydreigon is actually pretty small for a fully evolved dragon type.

Swampert would be another terrible choice imo, and I'd also be calling for too much Hoenn bias. All three Hoenn starters, but no Johto, Sinnoh, Kalos, or Unova starters?

Also, I just did some searching and Zebstrika has that character in its name! Though I'm not getting my hopes up high.

But so far, for a list, these are our possibilities, including more that I've found:

Zebstrika

Hitmontop

Swampert

Hydreigon

Aggron

Mightyena

I'd actually approve of those last two even though it'd still be too much Hoenn bias, imo.

I definitely echo doofina with Swampert, I totally agree there. It seems pretty predictable to have the 3 Gen III starters. Swampert's definitely my vote.

Bidoof would be cool amirite

Edit: also, it would be cool to have a Dark/Fairy Special pokemon on Pokken, something like Sylveon/Altaria or something alike, or Zoroark/Honchkrow idk. There's Gardevoir that's fairy type but it mostly represents Psychic types and its movepoll is based on them.

Edited by Quintessence

People are predicting 18 characters, right? Because of the space left? Here's my roster:

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Gengar

4. Machamp

5. Shadow Mewtwo

6. Suicune

7. Blaziken

8. Sceptile

9. Gardevoir

10. Lucario

11. Weavile

12. Pikachu Libre

13. Ampharos

14. Swampert

15. Zangoose

16. Hydreigon

17. Greninja

18. Florges

complete water/dark bias but whatever every type is there

Edited by Miss Kira

I'm definitely not buying the game if it has a roster like that. Too much Hoenn bias, too many awful Pokemon, imo. It shouldn't matter if ORAS were the most recently released main series titles, every region should get plenty of love. We also don't need all three Hoenn starters in the game, it makes no sense to me to have all three from there, but only two starters from other regions.

Also, I thought there was room for twenty Pokemon on the roster?

Since there appears to be room for eight more Pokemon, I'd pick these:

13. Zebstrika

14. Sylveon

15. Infernape

16. Feraligatr

17. Keldeo

18. Scizor

19. Lopunny

20. Greninja

Of course, I don't expect any of them to get in, except maybe Greninja who I don't actually like at all either. I also don't like Feraligatr and prefer Typhlosion and Meganium, but I think we'd have enough Fire type starters in there if Infernape is added and Feraligatr would probably work better than Meganium.

Edited by Anacybele

People are predicting 18 characters, right? Because of the space left? Here's my roster:

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Gengar

4. Machamp

5. Shadow Mewtwo

6. Suicune

7. Blaziken

8. Sceptile

9. Gardevoir

10. Lucario

11. Weavile

12. Pikachu Libre

13. Ampharos

14. Swampert

15. Zangoose

16. Hydreigon

17. Greninja

18. Florges

complete water/dark bias but whatever every type is there

You speak as if having a water type bias is a bad thing.

That being said I think Zangoose's chances are quote slim as he appear in one of the stages as a spectator.

okay how does Ana magically have the right to call other people's rosters awful

I don't even like Zangoose, but it's the best Normal type I could think of other than Miltank or something.

I despise lopunny, keldeo, and infernape and have ambivalence toward zebstrika (how would that even work prey tell) but I'm not going to slam you about it and call your roster awful

and Hoenn had equal Pokemon to Gen I and like slightly more than Gen VI (Greninja, Pikachu Libre, Florges)

besides if I made a list of wants it would just be Samurott, Delphox, Serperior, Greninja, Ampharos, Florges, Zoroark, and Hydreigon

EDIT: also yeah I've noticed this in other topics but you constantly bring your disdain for Hoenn into every single conversation. I don't even WANT Zangoose that much, and Swampert is just sort of cool. Right now there's three Hoenn Pokemon. Three. I think you can handle it.

Edited by Miss Kira

My picks:

13.- Mawile

14.- Lilligant

15.- Hitmontop

16.- Greninja

17.- Milotic

18.- Hoopa (Unbound)

Actually, Hoopa Unbound is probably the best suggestion I've seen for a character in this game. I quite enjoy Hoopa after all. although I missed the McDonalds promotion(!)

brb switching to hoopa

okay how does Ana magically have the right to call other people's rosters awful

I don't even like Zangoose, but it's the best Normal type I could think of other than Miltank or something.

I despise lopunny, keldeo, and infernape and have ambivalence toward zebstrika (how would that even work prey tell) but I'm not going to slam you about it and call your roster awful

and Hoenn had equal Pokemon to Gen I and like slightly more than Gen VI (Greninja, Pikachu Libre, Florges)

besides if I made a list of wants it would just be Samurott, Delphox, Serperior, Greninja, Ampharos, Florges, Zoroark, and Hydreigon

EDIT: also yeah I've noticed this in other topics but you constantly bring your disdain for Hoenn into every single conversation. I don't even WANT Zangoose that much, and Swampert is just sort of cool. Right now there's three Hoenn Pokemon. Three. I think you can handle it.

People have a right to their opinions, you know. And it's not like I was flaming anyone.

Also, how can Zebstrika not work when Suicune is working just fine? Both are quadrupedal Pokemon.

I didn't mention any disdain for Hoenn, only that the roster would be too biased towards it if Swampert and Zangoose are added. I do hate Hoenn, but you're the one that brought that up, not me.

yeah no

You dredge it up (Hoenn)?constantly even though it means nothing whatsoever

Why should I care what you think of my roster? I literally could not care less if you hate Swampert or have some sort of Sinnoh obsession. I hate Sinnoh, but this is the first time I've ever mentioned it.

Suicune uses it's ribbons as hands. That's sets it apart from the army of other quads.

If we're playing that game, Keldeo is asinine and also a fighting type, Zebstrika is senseless, Infernape is yet another fighting type, Lopunny is fetish fuel and turns into a yet more fighting types

you also seem to think that fighting game = fighting types when that's not the case

I guess Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Phoenix (Jean Grey), and Storm are all bad in Marvel vs Capcom because they aren't fist fighters

It would be different and I'd be more understanding, but looking back at the beginning of this topic, you've held into the slightest shred of hope for Keldeo and friends and complained about literally every single reveal. Your logic for not wanting Gengar was because it was a Ghost? How on Earth does that make sense? This isn't literal fist fighting

you also seem to think that fighting game = fighting types when that's not the case

looooool. Hahaha, no. The Pokemon I'd like to see just happen to include some Fighting types. Also, Lopunny is Normal type unless Mega evolved. Also, Sylveon, Feraligatr, Greninja, and Zebstrika aren't Fighting types.

Your logic for not wanting Gengar was because it was a Ghost? How on Earth does that make sense?

Uh, because Ghosts have an immunity to Normal and Fighting type moves, which are used in the game? Duh.

I "complained" about a lot of the reveals because they're all Pokemon I hate/dislike.

Edited by Anacybele

If you actually take the energy to actively hate a Pokemon you care too much. I have no real strong leaning away from a Pokemon

You say you ONLY like Sceptile and Suicune. Okay then. So you hate/dislike Machamp, Weavile, and Pikachu (it has to be here just FYI)? You've not once addressed Machamp or Weavile.

You talk about Hoenn bias (three Pokemon) and say Gen IV needs more. I see Weavile and Lucario, and you can't magic it away with "well I don't like those specific Sinnoh Pokemon"

Gengar is probably the best addition in the entire game yet you don't like it because it doesn't fit some magic logic? There are more Special attack using Pokemon than Normal/Fighting types

What does it even matter if you like Pikachu/Charizard/Mewtwo/Lucario/Blaziken or not? They're completely locks.

This game does indeed need something Unova and something Kalos. However, your personal taste somehow makes Weavile, Lucario, Gardevoir, Gengar, and whatever bad? Lol

I'm also waiting to hear your explanation for how "awful" Zoroark, Florges, Ampharos, Greninja, and Hydreigon are. I guess Samurott too.

Edited by Miss Kira

Hoenn bias

which makes sense considering hoenn remakes were the last games made as of now. that's largely irrelevant anyway since the roster is made to appeal to as many people as possible and if the most commonly liked pokemon are all from one generation, then most of the roster should be from that generation.

you have the right to your opinion but there is a difference between stating it and being completely obnoxious about it.