Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably don't like any of the playable Pokemon. This game looks excellent to me, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like a majority of the playable Pokemon herself.

They probably don't like any of the playable Pokemon. This game looks excellent to me, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like a majority of the playable Pokemon herself.

Considering the majority if not all of these Pokémon are fan favorites I doubt that's their issue.

But I know people like Justin Wong quite like the game so I think that's a good sign.

He didn't say just how many Japanese players said the game sucked though. I'm sure there are at least a few people over there that hate a lot of those Pokemon. Just because they're fan favorites doesn't mean there isn't a single person that has an issue with them.

Edited by Anacybele

Jedi never pointed that though, of course not everybody loves the cast but at least we can say a large number of pokemon fans like them due to being acclaimed or fan favorites. Maybe their issue is the content of the game, and I must admit I'm a bit worried about it as well. Seeing it will come out in less than two months I don't see any promising additions onto it. Will it perform as Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?

Pokken's popularity issues are as overstated as they are unknown because we only got feedback on the game from a single arcade even though it was in multiple arcades.

Also the fact that the game was way smaller at launch (8 characters) may have had something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

News from serebii.net

The next images from CoroCoro have come and have revealed some new details for Shadow Mewtwo in the Wii U version of Pokkén Tournament, due out next month globally. In it, it notes that its Psywave attacks can be used in multiple different ways. It can go on the offence with both Power and Technical moves that keep shifting in order to confuse the opponent. Psywave is primarily a close combat move used for setting up combos, but it can also be used as a vortex to suck in opponents and can also be used as a projectile.

It is also said that Shadow Mewtwo storms the 1 Player Mode, Ferrum League. It questions what Shadow Mewtwo's objective is and its relation to the mysterious girl. It can also use Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Ice Punch in quick succession. If all three hit, a huge amount of damage is dealt.

Finally, it lists standard Mewtwo as being able to use moves such as Hyper Beam.

Reshiram and Cresselia, and Yveltal and Latios as support pokemon, huh? That's quite interesting I never expected legendaries to be support.

Edit: they might have a hard unlock method.

Edited by Quintessence

Reshiram and Cresselia, and Yveltal and Latios as support pokemon, huh? That's quite interesting I never expected legendaries to be support.

Edit: they might have a hard unlock method.

I don't belive if they've even said if supports are unlockables or not, but I imagine it's partly a way to put in legendaries that they had nowhere to go with in terms of full movesets

Gonna bump this thread with GameXplains review of it. Derrick isn't the most competitive player, so don't judge the moments he gets the more competitive aspects wrong too harshly, he describes the mechanics very well.

So enjoy

Pokken's reviews are currently pretty similar to Street Fighter 5's in terms of scores, which is pretty cool.

General consensus is that the content that is there is really good, but there's just not enough of it. Which, imo, is the best kind of flaw for a game to have. If it's so good that you want more, that's kind of a good thing. Seems a lot like Splatoon in this regard.

A couple of people from Germany already have the game and got the street date release broken.

Here's a person streaming it if you're curious.

https://www.twitch.tv/the_ephidiel/v/54098935

https://www.twitch.tv/the_ephidiel/v/54417362

Interesting story is, a Nintendo Rep actually played him online and he went on to the twitch stream and said GG to him.

Edited by kingddd

New stage was shown.

That's basically the boat stage in TTT2

Also full stages are posted here, RIP Tropius, Breloom and Pinsir