Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

It's only for the first prints. If you really don't want the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, then you can wait until they start releasing Pokkén without the card, or give it to someone, I guess. Pre-owned is an option too

Some good music here

Did anyone watched shofu and Pokeaim around here?

Yeah, I'm seriously impressed with how quickly Shofu got good with his Pikachu.

They're probably the main reason I have a renewed interest in the game right now.

frens :]

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what you're essentially doing:

Suppose we arranged for me to give you an amiibo of Ike in his Vanguard outfit. Then I also gave you a Lucina amiibo for free alongside it. But because you don't like Lucina, you refused both amiibo.

That's what I'm trying to understand. You want this game, but because of the free thing it comes with, you aren't getting the game.

I get that, I'm just trying to understand why you don't understand that. Though a Vanguard Ike Amiibo would be a lot more difficult for me to pass up than Pokken Tournament...

So (hopefully) I'll have the game tomorrow, still not sure who I want to main.

It was initially gonna be Suicune, but I didn't see anything too interesting about the moveset (initially) and I thought I'd go with either Braixen or Chandelure once they got shown.

And now Shofu uploads a video with a ridiculously good Suicune, and it just looks so much better in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing.

I'm torn, honestly. Guess I can try them all for a while and see how it goes?

frens :]

:]

So (hopefully) I'll have the game tomorrow, still not sure who I want to main.

It was initially gonna be Suicune, but I didn't see anything too interesting about the moveset (initially) and I thought I'd go with either Braixen or Chandelure once they got shown.

And now Shofu uploads a video with a ridiculously good Suicune, and it just looks so much better in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing.

I'm torn, honestly. Guess I can try them all for a while and see how it goes?

:]

Suicine was who I picked due to it being the only water type, and you do find your self relying on spacing a lot so you can pull off hydropumps and blizzards, also mirror coat does crazy amounts of damage when you can use it.

Aside from that Asuka has quite a few shared moves with Asuka Kazama, Pika libre is pretty good for it's throws even if it is a glass canon, and Charizard does a surprising amount of damage, plus seismic toss is pretty great for airbourne opponents.

EDIT: Make sure you win the extra fight after beating the red promotion match, because I didn't and now it looks like the only way I can unlock Mewtwo is with the amiibo card

Edited by Mikethfc

Just got the game and I'm pretty excited to play but I can't believe they actually put this ugly "amiibo card included!" straight onto the box art. It's hideous, why couldn't it have been a sticker like other companies do?

Hoping this game is successful enough for a sequel so we can get more characters

Paycheck isn't in yeeeeet damn it.

Some online character observations:

Pikachu Libre players are like Little Mac ones.

Lmao that's hilarious.

Has anybody managed to unlock Mewtwo yet? I've beaten the entire single player, including the S-rank league, and Mewtwo still isn't unlockedyet

I assume you have to beat Shadow Mewtwo?

I've only encountered it twice and it bodied me both times, so that's what I assumed.

I've done that and all, yet no dice, so I'm trying to work out if I need to delete the save, and start from scratch

Man, I'm loving his game!

And the stages are so cool!

I get distracted trying to find all the cameos!

Did anyone else the Giratina cameo at the Haunted House?

The Thundurus cameo at Neos City?

And Groundon can appear at Phos Volcano!

suicune is mad fun. i got to shadow mewtwo. close but i lost lol.

forward Y Y, down X in duel mode is a good combo I've found

but you mainly want to be trying hydropumps from a distance and jumping retreats whilst using blizzard. Also Mirror coat is a must for their prjoectiles

forward Y Y, down X in duel mode is a good combo I've found

but you mainly want to be trying hydropumps from a distance and jumping retreats whilst using blizzard. Also Mirror coat is a must for their prjoectiles

def will try that next time. thanks for the advice!

def will try that next time. thanks for the advice!

Also, if you do the forward YY and knock them into a wall you can hit an upward aurora beam on them

Man, this game is going to take some time to learn... It feels a lot different from like every other fighting game I've played.

Also, Nia manages to look even more like me than Serena did, I'm impressed. o.o I don't like the way the avatars look though.

Does anybody know if the online ranked uses your level up stats or not, I would think it doesn't but I was on a crazy winning streak earlier which makes me kinda suspicious

Nia's voice is really weird.

I take it back.

All the voices are weird.

And sometimes Nia responds to other characters nonsensically, as if her voice actress was given an entirely different script.