Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

Pokken's reviews are currently pretty similar to Street Fighter 5's in terms of scores, which is pretty cool.

General consensus is that the content that is there is really good, but there's just not enough of it. Which, imo, is the best kind of flaw for a game to have. If it's so good that you want more, that's kind of a good thing. Seems a lot like Splatoon in this regard.

That's good to hear.

And like you said, not having enough is the best flaw a game could have because it shows that people want more of it and it can be easily fixed with patches and DLC.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear.

And like you said, not having enough is the best flaw a game could have because it shows that people want more of it and it can be easily fixed with patches and DLC.

Hopefully they won't go overboard if they do decide to do DLC...

Oh yeah, this comes out in a few days! Can't wait. :)

I hope for DLC just like Smash got too! I'm surprised there isn't any functionality for the Pokemon Amiibo since the whole Shadow Mewtwo card thing happened.

Considering the Arcade version has been given DLC to the point of it matching the Wii U version, I don't think DLC is out of the question. I'm not anticipating it, but I think it'd be cool.

There are still four slots on the roster image left so we'll see where it goes.

tekken5,2.jpg

the 4 slots may not be filled, since T5 also had gaps in its roster, although it was kind of filled by DR if you count the two random buttons

Also the TTT2 had quite a bit of space at the top, but I think the entire top row was DLC, apart from Combot

f6ec9df8c4352e2b0922532ede31a9dd.jpg

Did anyone watched shofu and Pokeaim around here?

They had tons of Pokken video lately.

Suicune looks really cool

Yeah, I'm seriously impressed with how quickly Shofu got good with his Pikachu.

They're probably the main reason I have a renewed interest in the game right now.

Looks like I'll be waiting to get a copy, because I don't want the Shadow Mewtwo card. Why the hell does every launch copy have to have it? -_-

Well, I could download the game, I guess.

Looks like I'll be waiting to get a copy, because I don't want the Shadow Mewtwo card. Why the hell does every launch copy have to have it? -_-

this is mind boggling

the card is the very definition of a free extra lol

the game's gonna be the standard $60 either way so it makes zero difference

at the very least you can even make a dollar by selling it to someone who doesn't want Pokken but wants the card

I know, but I'd rather just not get something than throw it away or just let it collect dust somewhere.

Just keep it inside the case, alongside all those things that come with a game that nobody wants either.

I know, but I'd rather just not get something than throw it away or just let it collect dust somewhere.

Then why does it bother you so much considering it's free?

Once you witness first hand how messed up the shadow mewtwo fights are I guarantee you'll change your tune.

Also I'm being intentionally vague here to avoid spoilers but once you get the credits, you want to do the stages were you can see what the stage is before the ??? stage, I did it the wrong way round and didn't unlock anything for beating it, so now I have to do it again and despite fluking it to beat it first attempt last time, now I'm really struggling to get the second win in, I keep on eating that damn burst.

So far I've been trying to unlock all characters without the card so I haven't experimented with the roster much outside of Sceptile, Weavile, Gardevoir and Suicine.

The first two seem to play towards leaving traps and mines along the battlefield, Gardevoir, and Suicine especially play more towards keeping them at a distance so you can hit them with their stronger ranged moves.

Once you witness first hand how messed up the shadow mewtwo fights are I guarantee you'll change your tune.

Seeing as I don't care for Mewtwo, I doubt it.

Then why does it bother you so much considering it's free?

Why do you and a bunch of other people even care? Seriously, there's no need to make a big deal out of it...

Why do you and a bunch of other people even care? Seriously, there's no need to make a big deal out of it...

There's no need to make a big deal out of the Mewtwo card. If you want to play the game and you can afford it, just buy it and ignore the card.

Because we're trying to understand the logic of refusing a product solely because of a free bonus.

Because we're trying to understand the logic of refusing a product solely because of a free bonus.

What's so hard to understand about not wanting something that you'll never use, REGARDLESS of whether it's free or not?

What's so hard to understand about not wanting something that you'll never use, REGARDLESS of whether it's free or not?

Here's what you're essentially doing:

Suppose we arranged for me to give you an amiibo of Ike in his Vanguard outfit. Then I also gave you a Lucina amiibo for free alongside it. But because you don't like Lucina, you refused both amiibo.

That's what I'm trying to understand. You want this game, but because of the free thing it comes with, you aren't getting the game.